Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 6 Predictions - 5-24-15
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:04 am 
The Monster vs Not Bye Week
This will be the third time these two teams have played. The Monster didn’t dominate as much as they did their first game, but it still didn’t end up overly close. I think Not Bye Week is the best suited team to be The Monster, but it seems when they have the opportunity for a big play down field either the ball isn’t on the mark, or the ball gets dropped. I really think they can clean it up, but I’d hate to bet against The Monster. Monster 22-6

Burn Notice 2.0 vs Multiple Scoregasms
Now some insider information is that Burn Notice 2.0 may be adding a QB and a linemen to their roster that will take them from at 0-5 team to a team that could win it all, it’d be that big of an addition in the right spots. Now because I don’t know if that will happen, I can’t take that gamble. Multiple Scoregasms had a rough last week vs Mythological, but I don’t think that’s the team we will really see towards the end of the season. Without the additions to Burn Notice 2.0 I don’t know if they’ll be able to pull this one out. MS 18-13

Reverse Cowgirl vs Legion of Boom
LOB is under performing, but the last week they lost with Kevin, and he’s really the key to that team winning. I have to imagine he’ll be there since he plays in the game before this one. RC is having a rough season and they’ve been around long enough to know they’re better than that. LOB really is a sleeper team right now because they’ll be many times better in the playoffs than they are playing now. LOB should be able to pull this one out with Kevin though. LOB 28-10

Backyard Legends B vs Chalupa Batman
BYL B is a pretty good team! Currently 3-1 (with a game score not posted from week 3). They have a much better team than what I saw week one. Chalupa Batman is 3-2 and although they lost to DC Marvel they are still extremely equipped to make a run in the playoffs. They have good QB play partnered with WRs who can catch, just don’t necessarily have blazing speed. This will definitely be a good game! CB 28-24.

BMS Mountain Goats vs Always Balls Deep
ABD has been on a 4-0 run since their first week loss. BMS Mountain goats however is 4-0 period, only giving up points in one game. They also have 85 points in 4 games compared to ABD having 70 points in 5 (which is still pretty good). The best part about BMS is their line play, I would probably say they have the best combined (O Line & D Line) play in the division. Manley Men probably has a better rush, but not as good of an O Line. BMS will beat you by dumping off short plays and getting 10-20 yards per play. ABD beats you with intensity, and a good defense that when they get a turn over, you should expect them to score. But the issue with this is, don’t expect BMS to turn it over very much if at all. I have seen Casey have a game where he is flustered and will throw a few picks, but not this season. He is having the best season I’ve personally seen him have. BMS 29-19.

Dirty 7 vs Relentless Domination
Although RD is 3-1, with scoring 59 points and allowing 87. They are most like 3-0 scoring 59 points, allowing 40. Dirty 7 although 1-2 has lost to the current #1 team in INT A, and to No Fly Zone which would have been a top 5 team had they kept it together. I don’t know how they did vs Trip Balls, but I do imagine it was a good game. This is a tough call because RD has had a pretty good season pulling out tough wins vs each team. The only reason I think that RD will lose this game is because D7 matches up very well. RD doesn’t have that blazing fast WR who can make plays against anyone, and a team that can’t out talent D7 usually loses. But I will not be surprised at all if RD wins. D7 20-18.

Six Sigma 6 vs Backyard Legends
BYL has found themselves 2-2 after a couple tough wins, but the last week win is a little ‘eh’ because it’s a Competitive team vs a 0-5 INT A team. We found though that BYL can beat this team and already has. But I don’t think what we’ve seen from SS6 is really a tell of who they are. It’ll be an interesting rematch and I hate predicting against a team who won their last game, but it was with QB that I don’t believe will be there this week. SS6 18-9.

Show Me Your TDs vs Top Gun
SMYTDs had a different QB this last week, but I think teams with good secondary play would eat him up. He has good speed, and completed some down field passes however. This week though Top Gun is better than their record. They have the athletes to win games, but just haven’t got it together yet. It’ll be a close game, and if SMYTDs can get a couple interceptions then they should be able to win. But I’m going with my gut who says TG is going to win. TG 12-7.

Thunder Bunnies vs Manley Men
I was waiting for this game to get scheduled and I’m selfishly excited. It’s going to be in my current book the #1 team, Manley Men, vs the current #3 team Thunder Bunnies. #1 scoring offense Manley Men, and #2 scoring offense Thunder Bunnies. Manley Men on offense have a QB who can throw pretty on point deep passes to one of three WRs who are all tall, can jump and have good hands. Then on defense have a great pass rush that will make most QBs make an errant throw that will surely get picked. Thunder Bunnies has also been showing up with a great offense and defense to boot. Mike though has been handling the pass rush great and only throwing one interception to about 12? Touchdowns now. The key of this game will be won/lost on the offensive line of the Thunder Bunnies holding back the defensive line of Manley Men. We also will be showing a new face this week as Mike and Elijah will be gone for playoffs we needed to add a new QB to the roster, however Mike will be playing QB for one more week in honor of this game . TB WINS!!!!!

Mythological vs Dc Marvel
Mythological finally got Mike back and he was able to pick apart a hurting Multiple Scoregasms team. However now that I’ve seen the DC Marvel team I’m going to have a hard time betting against them. And as an added kicker they already beat Mythological once. I’m sure Mythological will be better though with Mike being back. One thing to note is that DC Marvel has allowed the most points in the division (145) although they have played one more game, they have also scored the most points 199 and has the highest average of points per game at over 33. Their potent offense should be enough though to win this if they can at least get a couple stops. DC 32-16.

Super Nachos vs Crazy Asians 2.0
CA 2.0 has kept most games close except against D7 and BMS, both good, veteran teams. They however are going up against a 0-5 Super Nachos team. Super Nachos though I know is better than their record, their issue is they can’t decide who to have at QB. They need to make that decision so they can start winning some games. With CA hurting in the talent department with a couple key losses, I think they are going to struggle the rest of the season. SN has a lot of talent in a lot of places, they just haven’t established a QB yet. SN 15-12.

Lincoln Industries vs Dc Marvel
Already went over it. DC Marvel is the team to beat in my eyes, and Lincoln Industries I just haven’t seen enough and have already lost to DC Marvel by 25. DC 39-7.

Leatherheads vs Trip Balls
Another case of where the record doesn’t tell the whole story. Trip balls is definitely going to be a better team this second half of the season as they learn their identity and a couple attitude problems seem to have been fixed. The key here is that they are going to match up very well with Leatherheads. Leatherheads have relied on a solid rush where it gives their defense the ability to make a big play. Trip Balls QB has quick feet to get out of a rush, then if they keep #7 on O Line it gives them the ability to make a quick dump off that could easily turn into a touchdown. I just don’t know if Trip Balls is going to utilize him to the fullest because he’s been a WR the last two times I’ve seen them, but I didn’t get to watch them this week. Trip Balls though matches up very well, and I think that will result in a W. Trip Balls 20-16.

Donkey Punch Mafia vs Crazy Asians
If you asked me if I thought DPM would lose to Thee Booker Givingtons, I wouldn’t have expected it, but wouldn’t be surprised. If you asked me if I thought they would lose in a crazy shootout and lose by 19, the answer would have been a definite no. I didn’t see TBG being 4-1 either though. They’ve quickly found themselves in the top 5. But back to this game, DPM is still a top 5 team, and Crazy Asians is on a downward spiral that they’re only hope is to find a diamond in the rough at QB to be able to pull out a few more games. But I won’t be expecting them to make a playoff run this season. DPM is still a good team with their group (even though I still haven’t watched them once…) and should be able to win this pretty easily. DPM 29-10.

TD's & Titties vs You're Killin' Me Smalls
This will be pretty anti-climactic because they JUST played two weeks ago. I’m sure Ahmad and Just will be bringing up “THE CATCH”. I’m guessing that last week they used Justin again at QB and either went one of two ways. Justin throwing 10 interceptions and they lost to Crazy Asians and the starting spot was given back to Ahmad. Or Ahmad was QB, and they ended up edging out a victory. OR fine, maybe Justin did well and they were able to win in double figures. Either way it’ll be another close game, I think YKMSs still has a chance to turn their season around after a couple tough losses to two of my current top 3 teams in the INT B Division. I think with better weather (hopefully) that They should be able to again edge out a close one with a last minute score to put the seal of approval on the game. YKMSs 22-10.

Post subject: Re: Week 6 Predictions - 5-24-15
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 am 
Loving the predictions... And I got the text this morning I'll be quarterbacking your team after Mike leaves so I hope I can keep everything rolling for you guys

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:47 am 
jmarsh10 wrote:
Loving the predictions... And I got the text this morning I'll be quarterbacking your team after Mike leaves so I hope I can keep everything rolling for you guys

Yes sir! I hope so as well. We're losing two key players the week playoffs start so we're trying to find a way to keep this train moving along!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 pm 
Who is Mike out at the fields? I am trying to put a face to him!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:13 pm 
He use to play on toon squad/puppy stompers. #14.
He's white if that helps.

Michael Springer on the facebooks.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:30 pm 
Okay that's who I was thinking. Who is jmarsh?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:33 pm 
He is the QB for DC Marvel.
I misunderstood and he will not be playing with us this week. Schedules permitting he will next week.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:57 pm 
Same guy that plays for RD?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:59 pm 
No sir.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:00 pm 
No sir only dc marvel.. You'll recognize me when u see my face lol