Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Through Week 3 - Top 5s
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:38 am 
Top 5 for each Division
Comp –
#1 - (4-0) The Monster – Just too good of a team with three star QBs, and then just a ton of great athletes at every position.
#2 - (1-1) Six Sigma 6 – They barely beat Thunder Bunnies, and then a close loss to BYL. A win this week solidifies them at #2, a loss though they’re at #3.
#3 – (0-3) Not Bye Week – They’ve had a horrible start, and they are better than their record shows, but they can turn it around this week with a win vs SS6.
#4 – (1-2) Backyard Legends – Unfortunate scheduling is partially to blame here. They played a top 5 INT team week one (that they should have won), then The Monster. A win this week could really shake things up vs Manley Men… I just don’t forsee that happening. The real problem is the QB they had this last week I believe will only be there every other week, and that’s a real dagger.

INT A – (Tough tough league)
#1 – (4-0) Manley Men – The #1 position was easy. They have had a decent schedule, and have won each time. The close game vs Crazy Asians is the only flaw in my opinion. I predict they win this week, but as they start playing some top A team things will start to get interesting.
#2 – (3-0) BMS Mountain Goats – The schedules don’t show it yet, but I assume they won this week, (if they lose obviously they fall down). With that assumption they are the only other undefeated team in INT A and by pulling out a game vs Legion Of Boom (although LOB should have won, but only lost due to an inadvertent whistle because of a green glove).
#3 – (2-1) Legion Of Boom – Barely lost to BMS even though it really should have been a W. They’ve also beat two competitive teams, although neither of these Comp teams have won a game yet. I can’t get past the fact they should have won though and then still only lost by an extra point.
#4 – (2-1) Thunder Bunnies – Barely lost to an undefeated comp team by an extra point, easily beat Always Balls Deep. Then had a struggle vs Super Nachos due to a couple bad calls and a couple changes to the SN team. But was still able to win without a couple key plays.
#5 – (2-1) Relentless Domination – Relentless has beat two teams that I would probably list at 7 & 8. However if Leather Heads had their main QB show up for both halves then it could have been a different outcome. But in a game that only matters that you win, not by how much, they are on the right track. This game vs Dirty 7 will be a true teller on if they are a contender this year.

INT B – ( I know these won’t be accurate)
As a preface – I don’t know if Multiple Scoregasms are still playing? But because of the uncertainty I’ll leave them off. Crazy Asians are in trouble now with three hurt players. And DC Marvel I can’t quite gauge how good they are based on having troubles getting their whole team.
#1 – (3-0) Donkey Punch Mafia – I haven’t got a chance to watch them yet, but they are 3-0, and that’s really all I have to say.
#2 – (3-1) DC Marvel – Now that they’ve given Mike the rock, they are a scary team. They have some great players on both offense and defense, and most importantly they hardly turn over the ball.
#3 – (2-1) Crazy Asians – Crazy Asians are in a scary spot without their two starting QBs, another WR getting hurt. Then I didn’t see a few familiar faces I think they are on a fast fast decline. I think they still have enough play makers and experience to make the games interesting, but against the top teams, I’m not sure how they’ll be able to pull those off.
#4 – (2-1) Chalupa Batman – Most importantly they have a QB who is hitting his targets and WRs who can catch. They lack on the defensive side, but I think they’ll be able to overcome that.
#5 – (1-2) You’re Killin’ Me Smalls – They barely lost vs DPM, and I doubt they’d lose to Thee Booker Givingtons again. I think either the team changed a little bit or they finally got all their players out there, but I think in a few more games they’ll be able to win a lot of games. They have enough athletes in this division to probably beat almost everyone besides DC Marvel and DPM.