Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 4 - 5-10-15 Predictions
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:48 am 
Multiple Scoregasms Vs Chalupa Batman
Tough to call, Chalupa Batman is a good all-around team. I just don’t know if they are good enough to beat the top half of their division. They haven’t had a real test against a top 8 team yet, and they will this week. However Multiple Scoregasms just simply didn’t show up this week and don’t know what the deal was with that, hopefully they’ll show up this week. I’m going to say that the shear experience alone is going to be what wins this game. MS 35-22.

Backyard Legends B Vs Burn Notice 2.0
This is a tough call because I think this is probably the closest team match up there could be. However it looks like Backyard Legends B is really starting to figure it out, and figure it out fast. I don’t know if they picked up a couple extra guys or just a couple guys didn’t show up the first week. But they have turned out to be a decent team, I don’t think either team is really a threat to win the division, but everyone makes the playoffs and there are always Cinderella stories! BYB 18-12.

Thunder Bunnies Vs Trip Balls
I’m very excited for this game! Trip Balls is a good team and I really like their potential, they have a guy at QB who can run, throw, and just overall makes great decisions. They have their guy #7 who is a game changer, but unfortunately the two games he has been in has been game changers for the worst. He can ruin team’s game plans if he just keeps his mouth shut and runs up and down the field. They played tough against Manley Men but the problem came down to they weren’t able to match up well with their tall WRs. This last week Super Nachos almost was able to pull it out against us with a couple very questionable calls, like the ball bouncing off the ground to the QB and not being called a TD and then scoring off that play. But it’s a different TB team then the pass where we would usually crumble or have a turn over and instead just drove down the field each time it was needed to score. We were also missing two key guys this last week. I have a lot of respect for Trip Balls, they just obviously need to get their key guy under-control and they could be very scary. I can’t wait to play this game! But our QB has thrown 8 touchdowns and ZERO interceptions. I’m going with him to continue on his streak and not throw any INTs which will be the key to this game. TB 26-14.

Mythological Vs Dc Marvel
The biggest point here is QB play and DC Marvel has been using Mike, and mike is having the best season I’ve ever seen from him. Mythological doesn’t seem to have the experience nor the size to be able to keep up with DC Marvel’s experience and speed. This could end up being close all the way to the end, or it will be just a blow out… And I see a lot of mismatch nightmares here. DC 35-14.

Legion of Boom Vs Always Balls Deep
This will be a good game, I don’t know how either team preformed this last week since we’re still waiting for score updates so I’m a little in the dark. Legion of Boom though is a good team with players who have won INT A and Competitive championships already, Always Balls Deep has won INT B. I think that will be the difference is that LOB knows what it takes to win the higher divisions. LOB 19-16.

Show Me Your TDs Vs Thee Booker Givingtons
Interesting game, I finally was able to see Show Me Your TDs play this last week and they got blown out pretty hard vs Chalupa Batman. I don’t think it was exactly a tell of what we’ll see from them the rest of the year, but it doesn’t feel like a team when they are out there right now. It seems more like 7 guys go out on the field and 6 of them hope for the ball. They didn’t have good blocking because the linemen were looking for passes, and they also had a lot of dropped balls. I think they will eventually get it figured out, but I don’t know win. TBG though as usual has Wyatt and they have a few athletes in which a couple of them could end up with the ball deep. TBG 22-6.

TD's & Titties Vs You're Killin' Me Smalls
Unfortunately I still haven’t see EITHER of these teams play. I know a little about YKMS seeing as they have Ahmad and a few other familiar faces. TDs I don’t have any information about. I do know they played DC Marvel last week and kept it close. But barely beating Show Me Your TDs and getting stomped by Donkey Punch Mafia, I don’t think they’ll be able to beat YKMS with that history. YKMS 18-0.

Six Sigma 6 Vs Not Bye Week
This is weird, two competitive teams playing each other? Wasn’t sure if that was going to happen anymore, but none-the-less we finally have the middle of the pack teams playing each other. Not Bye Week has been a huge disappointment to me, they seem to have a chance to win games, but they just can’t pull one out. Six Sigma 6 however, not a surprise to me, is able to game plan very well around the talent they have. I’m impressed with their QB, you won’t see him run more than a couple times a game, but he has a hell of an arm and barely will throw a pick. Although I finally saw him throw one this last week.

Crazy Asians Vs Lincoln Industries
Let me make this quick. I predict Crazy Asians to win anyways. But they have been struck with some industries losing both their starting QBs, and then a talented WR (who may come back). And I heard through the grape vine that they’ll be getting Corey (however that may be for the A Team). None the less they know their strengths, and this last week I think they were just trying to do a lot of trickery because they needed to do anything possible to score. But they’ll get back to their roots of short dump offs or QB runs this week to be able to pull it off, but don’t expect to see they blow outs you’ve seen previously. CA 12-7.

Leatherheads Vs BMS Mountain Goats
Leatherheads have been a totally different team with their new QB, which I didn’t think their original QB was that bad at all, but their new one brings a whole different level. He has been in the league for a long time, he has great field vision and is a huge competitor. He gives them the dynamic of running, and pinpoint throws which he displayed this last weekend. BMS Mountain Goats is a team who knows what they have at every position and is able to have a good game plan around it. Leatherheads though is a team to fear for teams that just can’t match up athletically, and I think we will see that being a problem this week. BUT BMS Mountain Goats just seem to be able to pull games out no matter what and because of this I think it will come down to the last minute before the game is determined, which is where BMS shines. BMS 22-21.

Super Nachos Vs Crazy Asians 2.0
This game really comes down to the quarter backs. There is four possibilities, one both teams have the same qbs they did the first couple weeks, Crazy Asians 2.0 recruited Corey, or Super Nachos continues to use the QB they used the second half of this last weeks game. Obviously Corey would win the QB battle but I think with the right QB that SN had this last week, they are going to be tough. They have a good pass rush, good depth, and have lots of fun. Crazy Asians 2.0 just doesn’t have the depth even compared to their B team. Super Nachos should be good the rest of the season, I just don’t see them beating any of the top 5 teams. SN 28-18.

Dirty 7 Vs Relentless Domination
This will be a tough game. I originally thought of D7 to be a team that was going to be Top 3. And they’ve slowly dropped out of my Top 5. They played Manley Men tough this last week but wasn’t able to pull it out. They’re right on the edge of being Top 5, but just not living to their potential. Relentless D has had an interesting start to their season. Going 2-0 vs middle of the pack teams (now on the rise) and then The Monster which we knew wouldn’t exactly be fair. This game will tell a lot of both teams, I think whoever wins this game will end up being 5 and the other 6. I like the QB play of RD more, but he lets his emotions get to him too much and worries more about the refs than about winning. I do think they’ll be able to pull this one out if they have their whole team though and worry about the game more than they worry about everything else. RD 22-18.

Backyard Legends Vs Manley Men
Very interesting game because Manley Men are now 4-0 and are looking almost unstoppable. Backyard Legends had a great game this last week, and almost beat the second place team in Competitive, Six Sigma 6. I just don’t think BYL is as well rounded enough to keep up with the athletes Manley Men has. From my understanding the QB they used this last week is only available every other week, and it’s unfortunate because I think with him they’d possibly be able to pull it off. But without him they lose obviously a pretty good qb, but also and extra defensive back as an athlete. Manley Men lives off a qb with a hell of an arm, then really three main WRs who are all tall, can jump, and most importantly normally come down with the ball. It’s no longer a fluke that they come down with the ball whether it be from a tip or just ripping it out of the defenders hands. MM 35-25.

Donkey Punch Mafia Vs Top Gun
I didn’t get to see DPM again this week, but they barely beat You’re Killin’ Me Smalls from what I’ve been told was a horrible call, however obviously that team is horribly biased. But they could be right. Top Gun actually has some good athletes and are better than their record shows. This last week wasn’t necessarily fair because it was DC Marvel filled with players who all but I believe one has been a part of an All-star team. The schedule hasn’t been favorable to Top Gun and they’ll start winning some games, but just not this week. DPM 25-10.

Post subject: Re: Week 4 - 5-10-15 Predictions
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:21 am 
Uh Backyard Legends did beat Six Sigma 6...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:33 am 
Damn it, without the schedules being up and watching 10+ games per day I couldn't remember.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:35 am 
However my predicition is still the same.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:58 pm 
Even with only having four guys and a couple subs .. I know they also had a couple subs but I believe just the 1 most of the game .. We blew it up the second half .. If it wasn't for a couple dropped balls I would of completed like 3 60 yard passes .. But thanks to the guys that showed up hopefully we can get our guys there every week and keep this winning streak going

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:46 am 
Yeah you guys had a crazy second half. I really wish we weren't down to our 3rd QB. Hopefully myself or Hugh get back on the horse here soon. We have had way too many injuries this season.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:24 pm 
Thank to the couple of guys from burn notice that subbed for us .. I really appreciate it

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:58 pm 
I like the attitudes of the burn notice guys. They want to win, they're just having a tough time getting it all together.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:55 pm 
When Relentless actually has all our players not being in or at graduations, drill and being in weddings well def be one of the top 2 teams in A

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:28 am 
RD#42 wrote:
When Relentless actually has all our players not being in or at graduations, drill and being in weddings well def be one of the top 2 teams in A

I'm not sure about that