Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 3 part dos - 5-3-15
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:11 pm 
No Fly Zone vs Leatherheads
This will be tough to call. Leather heads are a better team than anyone will currently give them credit for because they do have a great QB, but he’s so far played in ½ a single game. So if he shows up I think they have a chance, but the fact that No Fly Zone put a beat down on D7, I’m giving them the edge. NFZ 20-10.

Backyard Legends B vs Multiple Scoregasms
I don’t have a whole lot to say here. MS should be in A and Backyard Legends B is in the correct league. MS 28-6.

Crazy Asians 2.0 vs BMS Mountain Goats
This will be a good game, don’t get me wrong BMS mount goat is a good team, they beat Legion of Boom which is going to be tough to beat throughout the season. But a couple unfavorable happenings is the only reason they won that game. With that said Crazy Asians 2.0 isn’t as good as 1.0, and they just don’t have a good enough game plan to be a veteran team like the Mountain Goats. BMS 21-13.

Chalupa Batman vs Show Me Your TDs
Not sure what to expect from this game because of Show Me Your TDs coming out with defensive games, and yet to pull one out. And Chalupa Batman scoring 60 points through two games. I think Batman has proven they can score against teams, Show Me Your TDs have not. I’m sure this will be a great game though, and I’m going with big scoring on both sides. Batman 35-27.

Reverse Cowgirl vs Always Balls Deep (Copied from last week)
Here is a crazy stat… RC has yet to score a point this season. Sure we're only two games in, but they're the only team without a score. I think they'll definitely get a score this weekend, but just not enough points. ABD also has a 'meh' offense, but they at least have the big play ability. I think RC will get one drive down the field and then won't get past the 40 after that, with ABD giving a couple turn overs towards the end zone, but coming away with a couple big plays. ABD 14-7.

Top Gun vs Dc Marvel
Top Gun has played two good teams, and now add three to that last. They are going to be outmatched unfortunately and this is really going to be a nightmare matchup I feel. Top gun is definitely going to be better than their 0-3 record is going to show going into next week. DC 28-0.

Not Bye Week vs Legion of Boom
This one is TOUGH to call… Seeing as Not Bye Week has the stars, but haven’t been able to get their feet under them. And Legion of Boom has stars and is off to a rough start due to a couple unfavorable calls last week. I don’t really know how to call this because Not Bye Week isn’t living up to the hype yet that I’ve given them, and Legion of Boom should be 2-0 right now. I’m really expecting it to be a blow out, but I don’t know by who because one team will get off the races and the other will be struggling to catch up. Because of Legion of Boom’s pass rush, and Not Bye Week’s QBs inability to really run around, I’m going with LOB. LOB 30-18.

Burn Notice 2.0 vs Mythological (Copied from last week)
This will be an interesting game, mostly because I haven't seen Mythological, but also because I'm unsure of Burn Notice 2.0. They changed up their QB and they seemed to do better, but in the end failed to come away with the W. Mythological has had two games end in defensive battles. I also don't know much about either team that Mythological played, so with that I'm going with what I know. Burn notice doesn't have a great offense, but they have been able to move the ball. Mythological seems to have a good defense, but not much offense. Since Burn Notice has shown a glimpse of both a good offense and good defense, I'm taking them for this game. BN 2.0 13-0.

Backyard Legends vs Six Sigma 6 (Copied from last week)
I'll keep this one short and sweet, BYL was given a few gifts this week vs The Monster and wasn't even mildly able to convert. They were able to have one big play from probably one of their only true athletes. Six Sigma 6 as expect had a solid game plan, and probably one of the best offensive lines you'll see this season. With this their QB is able to get enough time to throw an accurate ball. I expect the DLine to pressure Ahmad and get a few take a ways this week. Six Sigma 6 27-6.

Trip Balls vs Manley Men
I was really impressed with Trip Balls the last week we played because without their ‘star’ they were able to do some great work. They may be better off without him though as it very well could be one of those cancerish situations, but I felt like the second half of their game one, he just put his head down, did awesome, then just made a mistake at the end of the game to possibly cost his team the game. I still think they’ll be better with him than without him, but I’m not sure how long it will be before we see him back. I’ll just act as though he’ll be here though for the final prediction. Because Manley Men are looking in Championship form though, especially early this season, I’m going to give them the nudge. They’ve got a guy who on his pass rush is just not willing to go down without a fight. Then they have their typical players who are just tall, quick, and have solid hands. This will be a fun game to watch, but I’m going with MM for the win. MM 18-9.

Manley Men vs Dirty 7
Spoiler alert for the bottom, but this will be the game of the week for me. The only concern I have here is if they will be able to get the same relentless pressure on the QB from MM as they will get against Trip Balls. We all know that defensive line is the HARDEST position in the league, and it’s tough to say whether or not stamina will become a factor. And as I said early in the season, I had D7 as one of my favorites to win it all, but I’m just not under that same assumption anymore. I’m going to go with MM but if D7 for some reason pulls this off, they would be right back at be considered one of the top 3 favorites to win the division. MM 22-13.

Donkey Punch Mafia vs You're Killin' Me Smalls
I’ve already said it, DPM is in the WRONG league. They should be in the A division, but none the less, they are not. YKMS is in the right division, although they have a QB who can be great at times (and not so great at others) they just don’t have enough supporting cast to make them a true contender I fear. And since DPM is definitely a top 3 favorite, I’ve got to pick them. DPM 28-12.

Thee Booker Givingtons vs Lincoln Industries
This is going to be one of the closer match ups, but TBG has some players who can shine I feel. And of course they have Wyatt, and that always helps. It should be a close game, but enough weapons and a good game plan, you can contend with anyone. TBG 12-0.

Dc Marvel vs TD's & Titties
This will be DC Marvel’s second game of the day…. And that won’t be a problem. TD’s n Titties has scored 13 points this season, compared to 59 from DC Marvel, and that’s not a fluke. Expect to see DC Marvel start off big, then just keep scoring and scoring. DC 33-9.

The Monster vs Relentless Domination
Well, this isn’t fair. Relentless Domination is 2-0 for a reason, whether it be because of favorable scheduling thus far or maybe they just deserve to be in the top tier INT A talk… However I just don’t feel that’s the case. I’ve got to admit I cannot how much RD worries about the reffing and not just about playing to win. I assume this to go much like how I predicted D7 vs RD to go. Monster 33-14.

Thunder Bunnies vs Super Nachos
First things first, I like the Super Nachos squad. They have fun no matter what, and they are on the verge of being better than their 0-2 record shows. If SN go their offense to click, there would be talks of how they got so deep in the playoffs (although some favorable matchups would require that to happen). TB though has a QB who is on fire, he has been racking up rush yards and pass yards. He has thrown 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. In seasons passed he has always had good numbers but never quite the supporting cast and defense he has the luxury of having this season. TB 22-6.

The Monster vs Crazy Asians
Now this is interesting, because Wyatt wanted top tier A teams to play competitive teams this season. So this one may have ended up being a little personable after CA put a beat down on his B team. Now here is the interesting part, but Crazy Asians is the clear favorite to win B (with Donkey Punch Mafia being a somewhat close second), and they could definitely put a hurting on must A teams. It’ll be interesting to see what happens here but I still believe The Monster has too many athletes over the entire field and the CA QB, although is really good, probably hasn’t experienced quite the pass rush he’ll see this week. It’s going to be an offensive battle though, and turn overs will be close. Monster 22-18.

Upset Watch –
Relentless D or Crazy Asians vs The Monster. Even though I predict RD to lose big, and CA to lose. I couldn’t pick just one team to possibly have the upset. The worry I have for The Monster is they are vulnerable if a team is able to match up, and expose their offense. RD just depends on if they get their entire team and go out there with a focus on winning and a few things go in their favor. Crazy Asians just depends on if they are able to match up athletically and score enough points. I think RD has a better chance of slowing The Monster down, and I think CA has a better chance of scoring more points.

Game of the week –
Manley Men vs D7 – These are top tier INT A teams, one team with a good game plan and great athletes. The other being D7 with a great game plan from so much experience, but just never quite has the athletes.

Team Review – (Copied from last week)
Crazy Asians. It's crazy to think this team is playing without their captain/starting QB. However their QB for the season is still extremely good, and not to take away from him at all but they have crazy talent across the board. They get most of their points from short plays where they just juke you out of your shoes then with mostly careful pitches (but some turn overs). The best part is these guys have a ton of fun while they play, barely will you hear complaining unless it's from their cheerleader Minh, and you will never hear the opposing team complaining that they felt cheated. When Crazy Asians when it's because they out talent you, out game plan you, and they just have level heads. They aren't worried about the calls, because if a touchdown gets called back, they'll just score another. My personal early favorites to win B, but Donkey Punch Mafia could make a big statement this week.

Post subject: Re: Week 3 part dos - 5-3-15
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:08 pm 
Manley Men vs Dirty 7
Spoiler alert for the bottom, but this will be the game of the week for me. The only concern I have here is if they will be able to get the same relentless pressure on the QB from MM as they will get against Trip Balls. We all know that defensive line is the HARDEST position in the league, and it’s tough to say whether or not stamina will become a factor. And as I said early in the season, I had D7 as one of my favorites to win it all, but I’m just not under that same assumption anymore. I’m going to go with MM but if D7 for some reason pulls this off, they would be right back at be considered one of the top 3 favorites to win the division. MM 22-13.

I Don't know if i would say "upset" here! The Manleys only play in the Spring and this is a rematch of last years championship game in which Dirty 7 won. Us Manley's have the potential to beat anyone but D7 is one team we just never seem to be able to beat. I want to say we are ready for them this year and we want the revenge but there is something about the "old" men we cannot seem to get past! We do have some great family additions to our team but D7 has seen it all. So, we are looking to win this game but I know it will be a dog fight because this team has been our Achilles heel in the past.

Also, shout out to our rusher on the D-Line. Somehow, he never runs out of energy and has only been in the league 2 years. He has one job, make it hard on the QB and I credit all my INT's to him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:48 pm 
I'll be surprised if we give up 14 points total, between both games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:30 pm 
I'd be surprised at that.
RD has the big play ability if they are able to get any time to throw.
Crazy Asians deserve more credit than that as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:41 pm 
Loving the predictions ... ready for this double header this weekend... good luck to all the teams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:30 pm 
My prediction is that relentless domination will barely get past midfield and the crazy Asians will be lucky if they muster a late score. But both give up 30+ points this weekend

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:25 pm 
If it weren't for a bad call to pretty much hose us out of a win, I don't think DPM was all that great. Athletic guys for sure, and a couple douchebags too. We pretty much beat ourselves with a dropped TD and a few route miscommunication. They could barely get any pressure on a fat slow QB with a pulled groin.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:13 pm 
I think I mixed up DPM with another team. I'll need to pay attention this next week.