Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 3 - 4-26-15 Predictions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:22 am 
Trip Balls vs Leatherheads 9:30 AM
Leatherheads are going to be a better team than there record will most likely show at the end of the season. They got a good group of players, and now I've seen their actual QB which is the same one who lead Budweiser to the comp championship a while ago. Trip Balls though definitely has a solid team and appears to have the right mindset in games now. If they keep at what they did last week, they'll be a tough team to beat. I like Leatherheads are a good team, but I think they'll hit their stride later in the season. Trip Balls 16-10.

Chalupa Batman vs Multiple Scoregasms 9:30 AM
Battle of the 2-0 teams. Multiple scoregasms I think just have a better all-around team just due to experience and athleticism. However I think Batman's QB is really going to kill the stats this year. Just curious if the team record will reflect his stats. Currently though the team in better early season form is MS. I expect them to win in a higher scoring shoot out. MS 33-26.

Thunder Bunnies vs No Fly Zone 10:30 AM
Both teams toughed tough losses last week and in different ways. Our game (TB) was a close scoring defensive battle vs a competitive team. No Fly Zone being blown out by Trip Balls, but from the minor watching I was able to do, it seemed that the game was closer than the score reflected. I definitely feel it's going to be a good game, but our defense is taking shape and our offense consistently drives down the field. I don't think it will be a blow out, but I expect a TB Win.

Backyard Legends B vs Show Me Your TDs 10:30 AM
I was very surprised with BYL B winning in a shootout over Chaulpa Batman. I did not get to see their team this week, so I have to go with the assumption it's the same team. SMYTDs I was surprised again lost in a close low scoring game. I really have NO idea what to expect. BYL B should not have beat Batman, and SMYTDs lost in a fashion I didn't expect. With only these facts to go by I'm going to say that BYL B is going to win because they got blown out by a top 3 B team, then won in a shoot out, with SMYTDs having really nothing to show from either game. BYL B 22-6.

Reverse Cowgirl vs Always Balls Deep 11:30 AM
Here is a crazy stat… RC has yet to score a point this season. Sure we're only two games in, but they're the only team without a score. I think they'll definitely get a score this weekend, but just not enough points. ABD also has a 'meh' offense, but they at least have the big play ability. I think RC will get one drive down the field and then won't get past the 40 after that, with ABD giving a couple turn overs towards the end zone, but coming away with a couple big plays. ABD 14-7.

Burn Notice 2.0 vs Mythological 11:30 AM
This will be an interesting game, mostly because I haven't seen Mythological, but also because I'm unsure of Burn Notice 2.0. They changed up their QB and they seemed to do better, but in the end failed to come away with the W. Mythological has had two games end in defensive battles. I also don't know much about either team that Mythological played, so with that I'm going with what I know. Burn notice doesn't have a great offense, but they have been able to move the ball. Mythological seems to have a good defense, but not much offense. Since Burn Notice has shown a glimpse of both a good offense and good defense, I'm taking them for this game. BN 2.0 13-0.

Manley Men vs BMS Mountain Goats 12:30 PM
Manley Men came away with a strong win this weekend vs what I still view as the second best team in Competitive. BMS Mountain Goats was able to edge out a game vs Legion of Boom. However I view Manley Men as a much more solid team compared to LOB with a full roster and a great game plan. Teams that don't have good MLB play nor can adjust to teams have problems with BMS Mountain Goats as their main game plan ends up being a QB keeper or a dump off to their linemen. BMS Mountain Goats is a good team, but I don't know if I view them as a top team. MM 28-13.

Lincoln Industries vs TD's & Titties 12:30 PM
Both teams got blown out last week by a couple of the top 5 teams in B this week. Which I expected, but they are definitely both middle of the pack teams. I don't have much to say because I haven't seen either play, but from the history thus far of who they played I'm going with TD&TTs. TD&TTs 12-7.

Not Bye Week vs Legion of Boom 2:00 PM
Not Bye Week only has 6 points on the season, yet they still are may favorite to end up in second place for Competitive. I do think the Legion of Boom is a top 5 Int A team, but I don't think they'll be able to win this one. Not Bye Week has had a couple rough weeks, and they are better than their record shows. NBW 21-7.

Crazy Asians 2.0 vs Super Nachos 2:00 PM
This is a tough one because Crazy Asians and Super Nachos are both underperforming. However I believe Super Nachos is under performing by A LOT. Super Nachos though at least showed a glimpse that they have a good defense, they just need to step up on offense. Crazy Asians have shown they can beat a team with less talent, but struggle against a team with a good game plan. I think the talent is roughly the same, but I don't know if Super Nachos will have a good enough game plan against Crazy Asians. CA 2.0 28-12.

Six Sigma 6 vs Backyard Legends 3:00 PM
I'll keep this one short and sweet, BYL was given a few gifts this week vs The Monster and wasn't even mildly able to convert. They were able to have one big play from probably one of their only true athletes. Six Sigma 6 as expect had a solid game plan, and probably one of the best offensive lines you'll see this season. With this their QB is able to get enough time to throw an accurate ball. I expect the DLine to pressure Ahmad and get a few take a ways this week. Six Sigma 6 27-6.

Dc Marvel vs Donkey Punch Mafia 3:00 PM
Dc Marvel did what they said they would do and win this week after a tough close loss to Multiple Scoregasms. DPM however just puts their heads down and scores, and scores BIG. I think they will out match Dc Marvel. I think they will give up more points than the prior two weeks, but I don't think enough to lose. DPM 30-20.

Thee Booker Givingtons vs Top Gun 4:00 PM
Both of these teams are out there to have fun. TBG though have a few athletes and at least a decent enough QB to be able to pull out some wins. I haven't seen Top Gun, but I'm guessing they haven't met Wyatt either. I expect TBG to come out with a better game plan and be able to steal this game. TBG 13-0.

Dirty 7 vs Relentless Domination 4:00 PM
I'll put it pretty simple, both teams have talent, but one team is cool headed with a good game plan, the other has the ability to fall apart when put under the pressure. D7 has been around since the league began, and they are always a top team for a reason, they don't let the pressure get to them. I expect this to go much like however D7 handled Crazy Asians but a little more of a defensive battle. D7 25-6.

Crazy Asians vs You're Killin' Me Smalls 5:00 PM
Crazy Asians proved they are the best team in B this week with DPM being the CLOSE second. Ahmad's team definitely has the ability to pull out some games this season, this just really isn't going to be one of them. Crazy Asians and DPM both are in the wrong league in my opinion, and they are the clear favorites with Multiple Scoregasms and DC Marvel being the next two. CA 38-0.

Upset Watch -
Trip Balls vs Leather Heads. I know both teams are 1-1, but as far as the resume goes, Trip Balls has shown they are much better on paper. But Leather Heads also only has a partial game with their actual QB, and as mentioned, he has won a championship for a reason. I have Trip Balls winning, but Leather Heads could win this one.

Game of the Week -
Manley Men vs BMS Mountain Goats and Dc Marvel vs Donkey Punch Mafia. There are a lot of good games this week but both these games are top teams. I think the B teams (Dc Marvel and DPM) are going to be viewed as the top teams all season long. Manley Men and BMS Mountain Goats are both current top teams, but I'm interested to see how the rest of their seasons go before I declare them top teams for the season.

Team Review -
Crazy Asians. It's crazy to think this team is playing without their captain/starting QB. However their QB for the season is still extremely good, and not to take away from him at all but they have crazy talent across the board. They get most of their points from short plays where they just juke you out of your shoes then with mostly careful pitches (but some turn overs). The best part is these guys have a ton of fun while they play, barely will you hear complaining unless it's from their cheerleader Minh, and you will never hear the opposing team complaining that they felt cheated. When Crazy Asians when it's because they out talent you, out game plan you, and they just have level heads. They aren't worried about the calls, because if a touchdown gets called back, they'll just score another. My personal early favorites to win B, but Donkey Punch Mafia could make a big statement this week.

Last edited by hladik-BDL on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Week 3 - 4-26-15 Predictions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:41 pm 
You do good work! Keep the predictions coming. Who are he BMS Mountain Goats?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:54 pm 
You are confusing my teams. BMS Mountain Goats always has people. We are mostly Gotham Knights take away some of the less talent and with some additions. It will be a great game this week. I think Backyard Legends will be much closer this week.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:31 pm 
Oh got you. If I remember right, we had a close game last year when we played. Good luck on Sunday!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:31 pm 
Oh I sure did Justin!!! I think it's Legion of Boom I am actually thinking of. Whooops.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:38 pm 
It has been updated.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:06 pm 
Im ready for another good game.. we will finally have a full squad this week.. I also know these boys from high school abd have played then a couple times and it's always a good game... if we can keep our heads up I think we can walk away with this.. with me and cost rushing it's going to be hard for them to get anything going.. good luck DPM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:26 pm 
Cody*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:28 pm 
I didn't want to flat out say it, but the cool heads is definitely the key. I'm interested to see what happens with this game but DPM has definitely got a good solid group.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:36 pm 
Couldnt agree with u more