Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yardage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:58 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Looking at the stats how is yardage recorded or determined during a pass play?

Post subject: Re: Yardage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:54 pm 
It is a estimation that they normally can get pretty close with. Simple math.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:20 pm 
The player who ends with the ball gets all of the yards for the reception. Refs can usually estimate it pretty well within two yards or so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:03 am 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
ok just wondering because I threw a pass inside our own twenty that ended up going for a touchdown however the player only accumulated 36 yards of receiving on the play. And threw another pass from just inside the forty for a touchdown to another player and that guy ended up with 2 receptions for 34 yards. Dont expect stats to be perfect but these were just completely off. Also according to my yardage i only had over 120 yards passing. I accumulated that in the 3 touchdown passes I had alone. But either way glad to see some stats go up and look forward to seeing the rest of the weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:25 am 
Don't expect the stats to be truly accurate in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:10 am 
Most of the times stats are difficult because people remember feelings stronger then events. So a person may get two sacks in a game, and felt like they had 4-5. Or a 30yd touchdown pass, felt like you bomb one from 65 yds out. Stat keepers can easily be accurate within five yards, and are usually accurate within 2-3. Memories are not as accurate and exaggerate. This is probably why I've never heard anyone say. I was 25 yrds out and the ref wrote me down for being 40 yds out, or that they only remember 1 int, and didn't actually have 3 that game. The mind tends to not ever estimate down, but always up. nbd.

Another problem is that situationally when taking stats people rarely can remember what happened immediately before or after. Sometimes penalties bring the play back, in which a player doesn't get those stats, or fg catches often feel like a TD a player caught. The same with extra points, and interceptions on extra points. Another problem with long range recollection.

For all these reasons, it is easiest to just go over to the stat keeper and double check the numbers right at that moment. Usually at the time your memory on the specific events are freshest. By no means are the stat keepers, or any human, ever perfect. So that is why we give teams the opportunity to double check and make sure their stuff is correct.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:16 pm 
hey, just a heads up on the stats, they look good for the one game we have up, but Im actually the QB of Reverse Cowgirls, #3, not #5, its all good though

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 pm 
[quote="Scarlet One"]The mind tends to not ever estimate down, but always up. nbd. quote]

I am not sure if I totally agree with this. If i get with a 150 pound chick i don't tell my buddies I got with a 200 pounder, I round down to 100 lbs..... although I might say 50 lbs was in her boobs so I would be rounding up....... I'm confused.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:13 pm 
Man I got a 40 yard touchdown!!!

I watched the game... you were on the 30...