Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why Huge difference it payouts?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:38 pm 
Was just looking at the website and it showed all the payouts and I was just wondering if someone could explain to me why the competitive league winner gets $1000, 2nd gets $400 and 3rd get $150 and intermediate only pays out 1st and its $200? Do the competitive teams pay that much more money than the Int. teams to make that much more. I mean if you win Int. you don't even get your entry fee back. And by the looks of it, Int. makes up over 50% of the overall league, so that is where most of the money is made but the ratio of payback is not even close. If you really crunch the numbers, $1550 goes back to the comp league who only pays in $6375, or 24% in winnings paid out, but the Int. who pays in $9000, only gets back $200, which is a whopping 2%. I would then think that maybe the Int. league gets that 22% difference in Stats displayed on the website, but that is not the case either as 11 teams out of 17 in Comp have stats up but 4 out of 24 in Int. have them. Yes I have read that there have been some troubles uploading, but the season is already half over and how can a team "scout upcoming opponents", "know opponents strength/weak", "know tendencies/go to players" as the website displays. Yes this information would be nice, not that its crucial, but if thats a selling point for people to join, it might want to be followed up a little better. And in years past, hasn't the whole years schedule, if not atleast 2 wks out, posted. Now it seems as it comes to thursday before anyone knows how they should plan their sunday. So I guess why such a huge difference between the 2 leagues?

Post subject: Re: Why Huge difference it payouts?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:48 pm 
The answer is quite simple if the disparagidy between the two payoutskeeps theteams fromcompetotive from movingdown and winning the money. And it OS designed to encourage teams to move up from intermediate. Oh and its much harder to win

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:58 pm 
as far as the schedule goes , in past seasons I have had aight horrible time off teams complaining even after I have posted the entire schedule about when they played .every week I would have to change it . so this season I m taking the advice of numerous players ,from last season and doing it week by week . I m planning on putting up the rest of the schedule , and will not change it .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 pm 
Ok, but don't you think that people think its a little skewed to not even be able to win their entry fee back if they win they're league? You will probably say they should move up, ok, if people are in this for money then you'll have one league huge ass league. If thats what you want lets do it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:15 pm 
actually that's not what I want. I wanted how it is , and actually you are the 1 who sounds like you are in it for the money .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:21 pm 
the beauty of this is you have a choice before the season to decide what division you want to b n . and actually name me anothet league in this city where you get money for winning . Bowling I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 pm 
Sounds like someone needs to pull the panties out of his moose knuckles and step up to the plate and join the compititive league next season. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:38 pm 
Nick, I guess some people think money is more important than the game, shame shame...lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 pm 
Blacks Dawgs wrote:
Ok, but don't you think that people think its a little skewed to not even be able to win their entry fee back if they win they're league? You will probably say they should move up, ok, if people are in this for money then you'll have one league huge ass league. If thats what you want lets do it.

Man really your team is not good so you might as well not worry about the money and just have fun playing. This league should and is all bout having fun playing football and meeting new people and the money is a bonus. So stop your bitching and play. If you don't like the way the league is run go try and start your own league I will tell you how that will go IT WON'T!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:46 am 
I'm in it for the money....Balls Deep pays me $275 per season, and I just signed a two year extension. No joke!