Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Predictions Week 1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:32 pm 
Well, a new season is upon us, and last year we rarely had predictions so if time is available this year I am going to try to post each week. Again, I never predict my own games for different reasons and if you don't like my predictions about your game, I'm sorry, but prove me wrong on the field. So here we go... Starting with Competitive.

Competitive

187s vs Monster Clocks- Maybe a new team but I've not heard of Monster Clocks yet. If 187s can get outta bed in time for this game they should be able to win this. They were a good team last year but had problems getting to games on time and that hurt them. 187s win 18-6

Relentless Domination vs Savages- Again, Savages may be a new team this year as I haven't seen them yet. Relentless is coming off a big win in the Int A final. They'll be looking to make a name for themselves this year in Comp. Gonna go with Relentless here because they are a bunch of guys who love to play and can play well together. Relentless wins it 14-6

Jumpman23 vs Suhnado- Again with new teams here guys, Suhnado was a great team last year. If they are fielding the same team they'll be difficult to beat. But any team who calls a flag football team Jumpman 23 needs to check what sport they are playing. Suhnado will win this game, unless Jumpan 23 can prove me wrong. Suhnado takes it, 20-12

A.I. vs Team Sayeed- Not sure who either of these teams are so I'm just gonna go with A.I. 20-14.

Intermediate A

Relentless A vs Dirty 7- GAME OF THE WEEK. This, I believe, is a rematch of last year's A finale. I know relentless won this game but I'm sure Dirty 7 will be out for some revenge. If Relentless fields the same team as last year they should be able to win but if they're using their B crew from the year before they'll lose. Gonna be a close game, I'm gonna go with the revenge factor and say that Dirty takes it 20-19.

Cornhusker Crossfit vs Bread Makes you Fat?- Haven't heard of either of these teams. But again guys, come up with some cooler names haha. Crossfit doesn't make you good at football. Playing football makes you good at it. I'm gonna just guess since I don't know either team. Crossfit goes down to Makes you Fat? 18-12

Fiserv vs That One Team- This is one of my games, that's right, making a jump up to A this year. (not predicting this game)

Pokemasters vs Its a MANLEY Thing- Judging by the names of these teams I know that the Manley team is a returning team. They usually always field a good team. Especially if all players are there. I'm gonna take Manley in this one since I don't know the other team. 26-8

Gotham Knights vs Its a MANLEY Thing- Gotham is stepping up to A this year and I think they are going to surprise some teams... but not this team. Manley is too athletic and as long as they can keep their heads cool they should be able to win this game. Gotham is a great team that plays great together and has playmakers at skill positions but I don't think they can keep up here. Manley goes 2-0 for the day winning a closer than they think battle. 21-18

Intermediate B

Bottomoftheorder.com vs Mobile Auto Design- Don't know Mobile Auto Design, bottomoftheorder is stepping back to B this year after taking their chances in A last year. The only reason they stepped up was because they were former B champs. I'm going to go with bottom this game simply because I don't know the other team. 27-14

Belmont's Finest vs Brony Brigade- Again, teams I don't know. But I'm not sure anyone would pick Brony Brigade over any team just by reading the name. Belmont's Finest 18-14. Total guess at this point.

Always Balls Deep vs Country House- Balls Deep returns this year after causing some headaches for teams last year. My team especially. They can field a good team if everyone shows up. Their problem is that they can get angry with each and their gameplay declines because of it. Some players have even walked off the field before a game was over. That said, I think they'll win this game but close. Not knowing who Country House is hurts. 18-10

Odin's Ravens vs Green Machine- Another matchup where I have not clue who either team is. Stab in the dark- Green Machine 21-14

Crazy Asians vs Neebo Cricketeers- If this Crazy Asians team is who i think want them to be then that'll make this year even better. Haven't heard of Neebo, Asians win this. 24-17

Dirty Bird vs Lincoln Industries- Two new teams I'm guessing again. Dirty Birds have posted here and there on the forum saying they'll be a good team. I'll side with them this week. They win it 21-18

Gate 25 vs Bill Brasky's Boys-My second game but I applaud the Bill Brasky team name. (not predicting)

Lincoln Industries vs Nebrasketballers- Another name that says these guys aren't football players but basketball players. That or the name is meant to throw people off. Either way I haven't heard of either team so taking a guess I'll go with Nebrasketballers. 26-19

That concludes this weeks games. Comment on which games you think I got wrong or got right or you can even predict the two games I didn't. Have a great week fellas and remember that if you don't like my prediction, play hard and prove me wrong.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? -VL

Post subject: Re: Predictions Week 1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:51 pm 
As always love the predictions. Keep'em coming all season long for sure. Brony is one of my teams. Gotta go with the screwball team name once in a while. Also, relentless A is kind of a mix of the old B and A teams and the Comp team is the team from A last year.

The Crossfit team is from the gym I go to and I got them into it, bread makes you fat is Ahmads team I think? So probably similar to one of the old Flaggots teams.

I am excited to see you guys vs Fiserv. Gonna be one hell of a game. Not sure who all is back on the Fiserv team this year, but that is going to be a close game.

Pokemasters is essentially toon squad from last year(Who we played in the finals, dirty 7 was semis)

Yes, crazy asians is who you think it is. Talked to one of the guys on the team who is from my home town.

We played some with Dirty Birds a couple weeks ago. New to the game and still learning, but very athletic. They will be a team to watch once they get the game down.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:30 pm 
A.I. is Willy Faction/Centaurs from a couple seasons ago with some pleasant additions.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:26 pm 
Belmont's Finest is basically last years Strokers minus Corey and Q and a few newbies in their place

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:54 pm 
It's a MANLEY thing is basically a team with 6 guys from the Manley family! With my Older Brother Matt returning (previous dragon award winner). Manleys looking to take flight. Should be a great time!