Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 8 Predictions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:24 pm 
After a fairly quiet week out at the fields we'll see where this week ends up. Not many upsets going on last week but maybe there'll be a chance this week.

Shockers v Pawn Stars- not sure this game is going to happen given the state of the shockers squad. I'd give it to Pawn Stars either way though. 24-10.

Dirty Mitch v RDB- This should be and will be a good game. Not sure how this game ended up last time the two teams met. I know that the last Dirty Mitch came was flooded with interceptions. I know that RDB is doing well as a squad after changing up QBs. Not sure thats a team choice or if that was forced from an injury. I think it the teams can avoid turnovers that RDB will take this game. Avoiding turnovers will be huge for both sides. RDB takes it 18-12

Suhnado v Got the Schpeed- Schpeed should run away with this game. They are just too fast for suhnados offense and defense. They are a well maintained team and have the tools to win. They should win this easily if all their players show up. Suhnado needs to try and keep up with this team to stand a chance. Schpeed wins it easily 27-14

Dark Saints v James Vanderbeek- JV is basically a RD squad minus a few players. Dark Saints haven't been able to field a well groomed squad for about a month. If they can get all the people to show up they'll make this a closer game. JV shouldn't have a problem winning if it sticks to a game plan and can just move the ball down the field and score. Turnovers will be an issue for both teams. Close game I'll give it to JV 21-17

RDA v Multiple Scoregasms
- Last time these two teams played it was a massacre. Pretty sure Scoregasms couldn't get across the 40. RDA is just too organized and powerful for Scoregasms to get past them. If scoregasms can move the ball they should be in the game but turnovers and failure to get first downs and score will plague them. RDA wins it 24-18

Gotham Knights v Hey That's Not My Flag- Not sure how HTNMF turned out last week or who they all had show up but this should be a great game. Gotham Knights is a great team and has the weapons to beat this team. HTNMF needs to field a well rounded team and they'll easily have this game. Depends who shows up this'll be a pretty good game. I'm taking Gotham Knights for the upset in this one. 20-18

Blue Devils v Morris Drywall- GAME OF THE WEEK. This is the battle of 2 of the last 3 undefeated teams in Int B. Both teams have great QBs who are mobile and have an arm to go with it. Defenses are good too. This should be a good game and honestly I'm just guessing with the winner. I am taking Blue Devils in a shootout. 34-27.

Buncha Noobs v Gotham Knights- Gotham is too strong for Buncha Noobs to have a chance in this one. They are a lot faster and Buncha Noobs is simply too new to the league and have to do too much to beat this Gotham team. Gotham will win this 24-12

Strokers v Bottomeoftheorder.com- Bottom of the order is a good team but they need a faster team. Strokers are too fast and have a great pass rush that exploded last week. They have a pretty solid pass defense as well. Strokers should be able to pass and run as much as they want to against this Bottomeoftheorder.com team. Strokers wins it 35-13

Backyard Legends v Reeves Roping- If reeves roping can field a full team this week they still won't have a shot. Backyard Legends is coming off of a heartbreaking loss this last week and Reeves Roping is too all over the place for them to win. Backyard Legends wins this 20-8

187s v Any Given Sunday- Not sure this game will happen but 187s will take it without a question. 22-6

Strokers v Toon Squad- This was a tight game until the end in the last meeting. It'll be another close game this week and I'm sure Toon Squad will be out for revenge. I'll give it to Toon Squad if they can keep their heads this week. They'll want revenge too much. It'll be a close game like the last meeting though. 18-14

Toon Squad v Dirty 7- This'll be another game that is close. It was close the last time the two played. Toon Squads QB needs to utilize his weapons in his receivers and they'll easily win this. If he can't use those weapons and he takes too much time then Dirty 7 will force bad throws and a few sacks. I'll take Dirty 7 14-6.

Always Balls Deep v Speedway- I'm not sure Speedway will have a full team but I'm thinking Always Balls Deep will want to win this too much. They are a good team who if they can change some bad decisions on offense they'll be able to go far. Always Balls Deep wins this game in what I think will be closer than what they think going into it. 20-18

Those are your picks for this week. Hope you like em, even if I picked you to lose. If I did then hopefully its motivation to make it a game. See ya out there next week.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? -VL

Post subject: Re: Week 8 Predictions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:08 pm 
Injury, but it is working out well.