Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Predictions for Week 7
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:44 pm 
So after my first week of predictions I didn't do so bad. I went 9-3 but if we count out forfeited games I went 9-2 I believe. A big upset this week was Pawn Stars losing to Backyard Legends in what I believe was 3 overtimes? So here are my predictions for week 7.

Any Given Sunday v Pawn Stars- Second meeting of the season between these two teams and if no adjustments have been made than this game is easily Pawn Stars game. They had no trouble moving the ball and scoring in their last meeting. Hopefully Any Given Sunday will actually show this week to avoid getting kicked out of the league. I'm giving it to Pawn Stars. 35-7

Blue Devils v Dirty Mitch and the Boys- Dirty Mitch is coming off a tough loss this last week to Vanderbeek by a point. But they are faced with another great team. If Dirty Mitch can force some turnovers in this game they'll have a chance. If not, and the Blue Devils can continue to roll then it won't be that much of a game. Blue Devils stay undefeated this week. 31-12

Shockers v Suhnado- not sure this game will even be played as I didn't see either team last week. Suhnado 21-0

Relentless B v Dark Saints- Dark Saints coming off a blow out loss and RDB coming off a Bye week for the B team. I think if Dark Saints can field a full team and not be depleted as they were the last two weeks they could come away with this game. But they need all their players to show up. If not then they don't have much of a shot. RDB is too good for a weak team and know how to control time of possession if they need to. If Dark Saints show up with a full team it'll be a closer game. But I'll give it to RDB either way. 24-13

Got the Schpeed v Reeves Roping- Won't be much of a game. The only chance Reeves Roping has is to force turnovers which isn't likely considering the QB for Schpeed is pretty accurate and picky with his throws which is good. That and the Reeves Roping squad is much too slow for this team. Schpeed wins it 30-0

Relentless A v Strokers- This will and should be a good game. If relentless has a full squad and can move the ball and score they should be in it. They also need to contain and stop the Strokers QB. Force a turnover or two as well. The Strokers team needs show up alive and well this week to avoid an upset. In a closer than you think game I'm giving it to Strokers. 20-14

James Vanderbeek v Gotham Knights- GAME OF THE WEEK, I think this'll be a closer game than everyone thinks. I know that not many teams really take Gotham Knights too seriously but I think they're a well put together squad that is organized enough to play spoiler to some teams. James Vanderbeek is just another Relentless team switched with a few players to make it another team. That'll be a storyline in its own come playoffs when players have to choose one team or the other. In a close game I'll give it to Gotham 24-20

Speedway v Hey Thats Not My Flag-HTNMF game off that loss week with a blow out win and I believe they'll continue to roll as long as they can get a full team there. Speedway struggled to get a full team last week and played with only 3 of their own roster. They'll be done in the first half. HTNMF wins it 34-0

Morris Drywall v Buncha Noobs- Again this won't be much of a game. Buncha Noobs simply can't keep up with a well organized team. Morris Drywall barring turnovers and being able to score has this game easily 28-6

187s v Backyard Legends- The game 187s played last week just felt very lazy. QB didn't seem into too much. Backyard Legends comes off a monster upset against Pawn Stars. If they can wipe away the hangover from the big win and come off cloud nine they will have a chance winning this game because they've been together for so long. 187s needs to just play their game and they should have this. The QB needs to let loose and they won't have any trouble. I think it'll be a close game though. 187s too much to handle. 24-18

Dirty 7 v Multiple Scoregasms- Dirty 7 comes off a close loss this last week but I think they'll come off the loss perfectly fine. Although Scoregasms is an athletic team, Dirty 7 will be too organized and in control to beat. If Scoregasms get too many subs again and lucks out to win then they'll just be that lucky. Dirty 7 wins this game 18-10

All Out v Hey That's Not My Flag- All Out doesn't really stand a chance in this game. They need a lot more to beat this team than they have. HTNMF wins big 34-6

Toon Squad v Scoregasms- Same rules apply to this Scoregasms squad. If Toon Squad can avoid turnovers and not lose their heads they'll be able to win this game with ease. Toon Squad wins this 27-7

Those are the predictions for this week. Let me know what you guys think.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? -VL

Post subject: Re: Predictions for Week 7
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 am 
Loving the picks. It is fun to get some discussion up on here. For RDA we have been doing better each time we play against Strokers, hopefully this weekend we can actually get the job done.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:43 pm 
to be fair, there are only 4 of us on our team of 10 that have played together for more than 2 seasons. Ty, Stan, David, Tony and Sam haven't played together or on my teams in the past.

I think we just got a buncha talent that hasn't been fully unlocked.

PLAYOFFS, CANT WAIT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:43 pm 
but I like the picks, pretty solid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 pm 
Loving the picks man.. keep em coming