Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Teams....who are they?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:16 pm 
Looks like there are 18 competitive teams, 22 intermediate teams & a few rec teams. From what I could tell at the captains' mtg, there are 6 new comp teams. So, who are these guys? What should we expect from them?

Btw, can't wait to get playing again on the 22nd :!:

Post subject: Re: New Teams....who are they?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 am 
I only know who a few of the new teams are, Vipers are a team of Semi-Pro players, saints n sinners told me when the registered they would be the best team in the league... Mcguyver has some of the guys from juice on it, Backdoor lovers are bbd and byl and tb combined with a few players sprinkled in... i think.... puppy stompers are the thunder bunnies, and some guys from vick in a box... some of these teams i don't really know who is on the teams.... the Hitmen should be pretty good.. we had a little test run with our new players in the tournament.. we did pretty well. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:23 am 
Nice plug for your team there, Nick. And what's with Juice changing their name to Macguyver. I don't have any issues with the new name, but for as much as they loved the old name in the spring, I wonder if they just conceded the their shot at having the best one-word team name. Quitters quit I guess ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:58 pm 
I think only a few players from juice r on McGuyver its not the whole team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:13 pm 
Fair enough. Where's Too Much Work? Are they not partaking of the fall league, or do they have a new team name? We gotta have the defending champs for the mere fun hitting that target on their backs :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:52 am 
I play on BDL. I'm the quarterback, I'll be the one throwing about 5-7 pics per game and I struggle to throw the ball farther than 30 yards but I'm lookin forward to playin in competitive!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 am 
Who have you QB'ed for in the past? If you are who I think you are, you'll do just fine based on your numbers in previous seasons. Competitive defenses are definitely tougher, but it's the QB play that really separates the comp from the int teams.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:03 am 
I'm also QB for Backyard Legends. I look forward to the challenge of competitive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:55 am 
Too Much Work, doesn't play in the Fall Leagues, just the Spring ones. You'll have to wait till Spring to get your hands on them again. On the other hand the Shockers did win last fall, so aim down your scope at those guys.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:21 am 
I'm also apart of BDL, I originally was on the Thunder Bunnies.
BDL consist of 3 players from Backyard Legends, 3 players from the Former BaybeeDiks and 3 plays from the previous Thunder Bunnies team.

Oh and on other news, two seasons ago the guy who is the BDL qb also was my roomate and was the Captain of BYL while I captained TB ever so graciously threw me an interception that I returned to the house.. But ended up winning by a last second touch down :(

But we are looking forward to the Competition. We are all broke and such so we plan to just win and take the money though. Thanks.