Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my top 5 competitive
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:46 pm 
Well after 4 games in the competitive division I feel like I can get my top 5 going! So away we go!

1.) Hormel- the only close to the wire may lose this game hormel has had came when they were playing with out their starting qb.
2.) Shockers- I know they lost to the team I have below them, that's fine, I also know I've never seen matt drop 2 deep passes AND I know I have seen him score 3 tds on their team, so I say shockers are still up here. :-)
3.) Centaurs- team just keeps chugging along. They are not flashy any where but above average EVERYWHERE. It will always take an "A" game to beat these guys
4.) Hitmen- moving on to their 3rd week wo their qb. If they had their qb they would prob top this list. 3 more weeks this d will have to keep winning games! This week T-magic comes to town!
5.) Balls deep - they have the athletes to beat anyone. And they have the qb, I'm just not sold on them being better than any of the teams above them... Only time will tell!

Post subject: Re: my top 5 competitive
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:06 am 
Come on Nick! A botched call on a punt return with less than a minute left and we'd be 4-0 and have beaten Hormel...you're #1 team......time will tell.....

Time has told...week 9, you're going down! hahahaha :twisted:

We've just been messing with teams so far.....wait til we get serious. Balls Deep 24 Hitmen 14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:52 am 
Haha I'm telling you right now, ill be back at qb then and we will win 28-6 easy. This isn't intermediate any more buddy boy! Haha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 am 
Strike up the band.. We have a challenge... I haven't seen Ball's Deep play yet this season but I dont think you will beat the Hitmen if it is most of the same team from past seasons... Cant wait til week 9 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:42 pm 
I love the fact that it was a "botched" call that cost you guys that game haha you only scored 13 points... So unless you only had the ball twice, I'd say a little better offense, and not giving up 19 or how ever many points you did, is what cost you the game... It not any one play that costs you a game it all the other plays/firstdowns/points given up that costs a team a game. But as with most people its easier to blame it on a ref n not the fact that they pulled the old throwback across the field on a punt return (that almost never works) to beat u guys with under a min left. Lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:20 pm 
HitmenQB#5 wrote:
But as with most people its easier to blame it on a ref n not the fact that they pulled the old throwback across the field on a punt return (that almost never works) to beat u guys with under a min left. Lol

True....True.....and point well made. But if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black! No offense at all, but you complain to the refs all the time, and possibly more than any other player in the league.....you gotta give that to me. :lol:

The Hitmen are good and Balls Deep is good....I just can't wait to play and am glad that this "Talk Trash" board is finally starting to fulfill its reason for being started anyway. No team is perfect and no ref is perfect and I have yet to see any perfect player. Each Sunday we come out and compete.....too bad week 9 is our Sunday! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:24 pm 
...and speaking of giving up points...you let Backyard Legends put 19 up on you....granted you won, but it took a miracle!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:31 pm 
HitmenQB#5 wrote:
I love the fact that it was a "botched" call that cost you guys that game haha you only scored 13 points... So unless you only had the ball twice, I'd say a little better offense, and not giving up 19 or how ever many points you did, is what cost you the game... It not any one play that costs you a game it all the other plays/firstdowns/points given up that costs a team a game. But as with most people its easier to blame it on a ref n not the fact that they pulled the old throwback across the field on a punt return (that almost never works) to beat u guys with under a min left. Lol

Yea you bastards. Stop blaming losing the ship last year on my one play I took a break and didnt rush on 4th and 20. I still blame troy for not covering the receiver for the 20 seconds that the QB scrambled. I mean come on... One play that you shouldnt have lived up to your name SWT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:53 pm 
Haha like I said earlier if I'm qb of that game we score a lot more points n they score less. I'm excited to get back at playing qb.come week 9 I'm gonna really put up some points on you guys... And it is nice to see this board used.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:29 pm 
I like the fact that folks are starting to talk trash, but I still feel bad when I do. Not that bad though... So Nick who do we play this week so I can know who to start messing with them and get them so pumped up they lose focus and have a terrible game!!!!