Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: certainly lived up to the hype
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:45 pm 
Best game I've ever played in, the Hitmen D was tough as nails, just heartbreaking to lose it the way we did.

GG guys, all trash talk aside

Post subject: Re: certainly lived up to the hype
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm 
Definitely a great game... Both teams lived up to the the trash talk...BDL QB gets the ball the hell out of there...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:00 pm 
There were more than 10 times I'm sure where my flag was pulled a split second after I released the ball... The rush was ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:00 pm 
It was a good game for all the shit talking i did about our d and i didn't even play on d :? oh well a win is a win. Good game backdoor legends.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 am 
It was a great game to watch as well. My only beef was in OT. After a Hitmen player scored to put them up six, he spiked the ball in celebration. We (on the sideline) asked the ref "isn't that a penalty?" To which he responded, "it's a very intense game, I shouldn't call it now."

Yeah buddy I can see that, but if i would have spiked my ball in the next game after my TD you bet my team would have gotten a flag......I know I'm complaining but man what a lame thing to say.....he shouldn't have spoken at all.

But seriously....GREAT GAME!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:02 am 
Great game. A lot of missed opportunities left out there for us for sure. BDL QB had zero time to throw and still managed to get the ball off a lot with pretty good accuracy so I expect that he will only continue to get better because he wont see a rush like that the rest of the season.

To my team, my bad on the old sack total. I dont know how many damn times I was there to pull the flag and straight up missed, definitely would have made things a lot easier on our D for sure. Although I do recall a few times where I was standing there, flag in hand, staring at the ref and then the QB would throw the ball :? oh well. We wont have a poor showing like that the rest of the year boys.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:46 am 
This was my competitive league "baptism by fire" :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:44 am 
infusion wrote:
It was a great game to watch as well. My only beef was in OT. After a Hitmen player scored to put them up six, he spiked the ball in celebration. We (on the sideline) asked the ref "isn't that a penalty?" To which he responded, "it's a very intense game, I shouldn't call it now."

Yeah buddy I can see that, but if i would have spiked my ball in the next game after my TD you bet my team would have gotten a flag......I know I'm complaining but man what a lame thing to say.....he shouldn't have spoken at all.

But seriously....GREAT GAME!

we were called for the penalty. thats why our one point conversion was from the 13yard line. im just excited to get my broken finger healed so my stud wr can go back to wr and i can get back to playing qb.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:47 am 
Oh...well my bad. But that was the way he responded...we must have changed his mind. You know how we like to run our mouths! ha :shock: