Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Competetive Rankings
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:30 pm 
Since the NFFL Rankings are a joke......(fyi the rankings make no sense based off of wins/loses or PF/PA)

Here are my top 5:

1. Hormel – Great Team…. Great strategy…..a good defense, and good special teams = scary for the competition
2. 6 County – A solid all around team that is ready to roll…..flying under the radar for some, but not for me
3. The Hitmen – A great defensive team that will be scary when they start hitting on all offensive cylinders
4. Balls Deep – A blown call away from being 2-0.....…This team finally has the pieces to make a legit run at the Championship
5. Nebraska Longhorns – A great Defense makes this team a contender....don't sleep on them

Dark Horse: Shockers - I know, I know......but trust me, they will lose a few games and have everyone trash talking them, but you better hope you don't meet them when the playoffs start........mark my words

Post subject: Re: Competetive Rankings
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:37 pm 
And here are my top 5:

1. Hormel
2. The Hitmen
3. 6 County
4. Centaurs
5. Nebraska Longhorns

No doubt Balls Deep is on the bubble, just ahead of Shockers IMO.

Last edited by espy on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:50 am 
infusion wrote:
Since the NFFL Rankings are a joke......(fyi the rankings make no sense based off of wins/loses or PF/PA)

There is more to the rankings than just wins/losses and points for/points against.

First, we rank on losses instead of wins, that way a team doesn't get an advantage in the rankings just because they have played more games.

If there is a tie for teams based on losses, we go to a pretty complicated tie breaking procedure. With two teams it is easy, if those two teams have played each other, the team that won will be ranked higher. With three or more teams, we do the same sort of thing, but the calculation is difficult to explain. If that tie breaker couldn't resolve the tie, then we go to points for/points against to see who ranks higher.

Of course if you want more in depth rankings, the power rankings use wins/losses points for/points against, and strength of schedule to determine the rankings.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:48 pm 
The top 5 by game results thus far
1. The Hitmen
2. Hormel
3. Centaurs
4. 6 County
5. Neb Longhorns