Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best teams.....
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:01 pm 
I know it is early in the season, but I want to get an idea of what teams everyone thinks will be a force in the league this year.......

What team(s) have the best:
Offense
Defense
Punt Return
Trick Plays

Let me know what you guys think!

Post subject: Re: Best teams.....
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:45 pm 
Offense - Shockers
Defense - Longhorns
Special Teams - Hitmen for sure
Trick Plays - ??? Actually not a lot of trickery this season so far in competitive ???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:59 pm 
I'm just going to comment on my own team from now on (don't want anyone to get their panties in a bunch)

The Hitmen - I think we have the best D in the league, once we get on the same page on offense, (new center and WR) we will be tough to beat. Right now we r playing too lax n just assume we will win (case in point hatorade game they could have beatn us, but we never went out of first gear.. I never felt in danger even though we def where), I'm waiting for us as a team to just go out and punish people with a sense of urgency.

Just as last season, I expect our team to be firing on all cylinders come playoff time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm 
Trick plays, wyatt, I'd say BDL - they run all sorts of designed pitch plays it almost always starts w a slant or short post to jd, n they pitch it to either jon (their slot wr comming across) or their center. They work pretty well too, catches people off guard.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 pm 
The Shockers???? Really, Wyatt?

We managed only 3 points against the Centaurs on Sunday. Coincidentally, I think that was also the total number of passes we completed. Just sad.

We've got some work to do on the offensive side right now, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:02 am 
Offense: Sarkany Dragons - they consistantly score and have matchup porblems for most teams
Defense:Hitmen- top to bottom best D in the league
Special teams: Hitmen "they have 3 black people returning punts! kick it out of bounds!" - some one on the puppy stompers lol
trick plays: Backdoor legends - like i said earlier their offense actually relies on pitches and trick plays. the work 5 n stops or quick slants to jd all day setting up their pitch plays and they are very good at running them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:25 am 
Top offense: 6 County has to be considered here. They know how to put points on the board.
Top defense: tough to argue with Nick on this one. Hitmen have a great D. I'd put NE Longhorns at #2 right now.
Top special teams: I'll give that one to any team that's returned a punt for a TD or at least inside the opponent's 10.
Best trick plays: BDL. Case in point - they had an amazing behind-the-back hook and ladder vs Hormel that went for a TD (unfortunately it got called back I believe).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:41 am 
Its so hard for me to jump on the 6 county band wagon, I've played them now 4 times and they never have scored more than 6points on us. Our aver score is like 45-6 against them over the last 3 seasons. Mabey its a matchup problem or something, and yeah it was an inadvertant whistle that on that play for bdl, ofcourse, that shit happens to everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:03 pm 
That's a fair assessment of 6 County considering how badly you've beaten them. I was merely stating they at least belong in the discussion b/c there are obviously several teams in this league that have trouble containing them. After facing them once and losing 20-21 in 2OT, I wouldn't say we're one of those teams. Just as it is with any other team, it's all about matchups, and clearly 6 County's offense doesn't match up as well vs Hitmen or Haterade.

All that being said, I think Hormel has the best offense in the league. Their starting QB gave us fits in the spring, whether avoiding our rush and burning us for big runs or hitting his athletic receivers downfield with pinpoint accuracy, he makes that team go. They're very dynamic and have lots of weapons, making it a tough matchup for every team they face.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:17 pm 
Agreed, like I said last week, those guys have some of the fastest guys in the league n they are very good at playing team offense, their qb is fast man!