Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kudos to Balls Deep
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:36 am 
We had no answer for you yesterday, especially vs your D. You're terrific at swarming to the ball and you play a heck of a cover 2 (gave us headaches all day). Oh and props to your QB too. I'm not sure how he completed all those passes in those tornadic winds, but his accuracy killed us. Well played!

Post subject: Re: Kudos to Balls Deep
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 am 
Btw, there's no doubt in my mind BD will compete for the division crown and wreak havoc come playoff time. They're solid and consistent - 2 qualities that will definitely take them a long way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:01 pm 
And as for our other game yesterday...

The only chance Capital Punishment had of keeping with us was when their defense was on the field. I don't think their main QB made it to the game, and it showed bigtime (so I'll take that with a grain of salt). For having so many athletic weapons, CP doesn't know how to utilitize any of them to their full potential.

The most entertaining part of the game was when CP's DB had 2 breakups in one drive on passes to our MVP. You woulda thought they'd just won the league title with all the jawin' on those plays. Of course all we could do was :lol: and :roll:

Btw, I do think CP will get at least 3 wins this season, especially if they find a decent QB who knows how to get the ball to their best players. That's the only way they'll stand of chance of scoring something other than a pick6 every game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 pm 
Stew, I don't have anything to add, I just thought it was funny that you are the only one responding to your posts on your topic. he he

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:59 am 
I just do it for all my loyal readers out there ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 am 
It was a heck of a game...and that was our backup QB....but he might be starting now. Good luck the rest of the season!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:54 am 
i can't wait to kick their butt. :o

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:09 am 
infusion wrote:
It was a heck of a game...and that was our backup QB....but he might be starting now. Good luck the rest of the season!

I thought that was the case. Coming into the game, we were looking forward to getting 5 or 6 sacks on your starter like we did in the spring. Based on the fact we got a goose egg in that category vs your backup, I'm thinking he shouldn't be your backup.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 am 
...The Hitmen are a joke. The only way they could beat us is with the refs help.....oh wait, they already get that! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:45 am 
haha, i like it, blame ref, seems like an easy out if you can't cut it... i do recall picking off your qb 2 times that game... may have had alittle to do with it.. glad to have you back buddy! see you soon! :D