Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6 County, 6 County
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:49 pm 
Dang it 6 County, you finally gave my team what they need to snatch a little control away from me. My theory was that no matter what we go for it on 4ths, and we don't run out the clock at the end of games. They always complained, but my response was always, so what it's never actually cost us a game.

So of course instead of just running out the clock and taking a win vs you guys, I decide . . . Lets keep on playing football and score again. Partially because I was upset you guys were even that close to us, and partially because . . . well, that's what I like to do. Then on the first play the ball bounces right off our Wr's (weeeelllll, he's actually a lineman but somehow snuck out to WR) hands and your cb picked it off, giving you the ball on the 18 yd line, and you guys ended up beating us.

Now anytime I want to get Craaaaaazzzzy and go for it on 4th, or try to score one more time instead of just taking the win, my team will always point to the time we let you guys beat us instead of just taking the win, and they'll have solid ammunition to strike up an argument with me. FML.

Good game guys.

Post subject: Re: 6 County, 6 County
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 am 
was this a way for everyone to know them winning was a fluke?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:28 am 
I'd say it was a matter of 6 County taking advantage of its opportunities, nothing more and nothing less.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 am 
yeah i was talking to them after the game and they said they couldn't believe you guys did that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:37 pm 
It wasn't a fluke, we play like that every game. It just never has actually cost a game before. Anyone who has played us before, knows two things, we go for forth downs and don't run out the clock. But now I've lost some leverage with my team to play that crazy all season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:43 pm 
Scarlet One wrote:
It wasn't a fluke, we play like that every game. It just never has actually cost a game before. Anyone who has played us before, knows two things, we go for forth downs and don't run out the clock. But now I've lost some leverage with my team to play that crazy all season.

Although I am sure you're other phrase of "I will punt or run out the clock when we get to playoffs" will still be thrown around still. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:25 pm 
No need to play conservative regular season, we just want to have fun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 am 
speaking of punting the best punt of the game came when they scored the game winning touchdown and the WR punted the ball 40 yards down the field. " must have been his first touchdown ever"