Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Playoff Predictions - Competitive round 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:33 pm 
Considering no one else has been getting on here to do much I figured I might as well take a stab at it and do some predicitons for the competitive playoffs...

Round 1:
Ledgermain vs. Shaboygan
In a rematch of a regular season game I see Ledgermain using their experience to get a first round win. While Shaboygan has had some bright spots with their defense and quarterback play, Ledgermain is all around too good of a team to lose in the first round to a team new to the league. Unlike the score from the regular season I see this as a two touchdown victory favoring Ledgermain. 34-20

HRKZ vs 6 County
From what I have seen from HRKZ they have a pretty decent team. They obviously have some talent on their team and could be a surprise in the playoffs. I am picking them to win in the first round against a 6 county team who has completely underachieved this season. After having the run in the playoffs they had last year they were primed for a great fall. Unfortunately they have gone the other direction and really lowered themselves. Im not usually one to bash on people I dont know very well but in this league the reason youre out there is because you have a love of the game and want to compete. I dont see either of those things out of most of the players on their team. They primarily seem to want to bicker with players from their own team, the other team, or the ref. I see this score being big with HRKZ winning 34-14

Centaurs vs Motivation
As the last first round game this should prove to be a high scoring matchup. That is if Motiviation literally shows up to the game. I think if they do it will be a fantastic game, one which should be better than the first matchup between these teams where Centaurs shut them out 41-0. Finally playing with a full roster (hopefully) the Centaurs will start to put together everything they have been tweaking the entire season and start to make a run in the playoffs. Score of this one 41-7.

That's it for the first round.. now on to the real stuff.