Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weekly Input
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:42 am 
Captains please email myself in regards to week 1 concerns, comments, suggestions or feedback. I would like to take all of your accounts in regards to play, refereeing, etc in order to continue to improve the league. Please remember that you can send those directly to my email at dgoatsuperman85@gmail.com. Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Weekly Input
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:34 pm 
Reffing was solid this week, but I usually have no issues with the refs. As far as the league goes (pretty sure scheduling is out of your control), but it would be extremely helpful if we could get the gametime each week by Tuesdays, or schedule the next couple weeks out. Especially during fall league it seems like people have a ton of stuff going on, so it would be really helpful to have the game time earlier so we don't have to leave our entire day open until Thursday/Friday when the schedule finally comes out.

Overall, I really appreciate you making the effort to better the league. I think it would really benefit Lincoln as a whole if Wyatt just let whoever was running Lincoln to take care of everything (scheduling, fields, refs, marketing, etc), but that may be a conversation for another day. The league could definitely get back to how it was 4-5 years ago and it would be a lot easier to get there if the person who runs the day to day operations to just manage everything Lincoln related.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:55 am 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Solid week 1. Except the tie goes to the QB thing is kinda weird. Its like saying a guy is tackled to the ground but can still gain yards after being on the ground. In real football, the moment a QB is down nothing after that point is considered live. If we used our rule in real football my knee could technically touch the ground at the same time I throw a ball and that pass is completed we get the result of that completion. Let me end this by saying I understand making it simple for the refs by saying if it appears to be a tie give the benefit to offense as its an offense game.

Question. Will B teams that win 40+ to 6 be moved up to A? This is another reason teams leave due to the large difference in competition.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:38 pm 
I believe that with that big of a difference in scoring I have to look at the overall talent of the team that won and the talent of the team that lost. The experience factor between the two. And make a judgement based upon that. I want to have as much competition and fairness in contest as possible.