Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Less than a month til deadline for Fall
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:38 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Have we been advertising?

Also I recommend that the league update their rule book as we had to forfeit a playoff game due to a rule that isn't even in there while other teams were able to play with players that broke the same unwritten rule and another team won a championship breaking a rule that is written.

Also please go back to having players sign in each week if you are going to stick with the "Four Game Rule" instead of relying on the memory of the person who runs the league. I propose we go to a roster deadline rule. Team final rosters are due somewhere around the midpoint of the regular season. Anyone listed on the roster is allowed to play in the playoffs. Teams may play with subs in the regular season, and if the other team allows, also in the playoffs, and also only if said team that needs a sub doesn't have 7 players. Limit rosters to 10 maybe 11 players. If you have more than that create a second team! This will prevent the contradictions and the apparent rule that we have to report injuries to people who run the league for them to be considered eligible for playoffs. Instead make roster management exactly like parks and rec softball.

Other things to consider
- Find new fields! Yearly discussion here, but Air Park is not family friendly. I believe we lose players because there is no where for kids to play and for wives to sit and watch our talents and it takes 20-25 minutes to get to and that is from 59th and Vine. Can't imagine what it is like for people who live further south and west.

- Until we get more teams that this becomes impossible, play more double headers. Makes it more worth the players time to go out and play and we get more games in. It helps reduce the impact of losing weeks to rainouts as well.

- limit players to playing on two teams. This can be solved by going back to two competition levels Competitive and Intermediate or Intermediate A and Intermediate B. I get it people love to play so they play on three teams. Putting in place more double headers should solve this desire to play as many games as possible on a Sunday for those people who have nothing better to do
- One concern of doing this could be mismatched level of competition between top teams and bottom teams. My proposal would be to create
three playoff brackets and put the bottom half of the intermediate teams in one bracket and the top half in the other. If you want, do it for
both competition levels. Limiting the league to two divisions and players to two teams will make this doable.

- If we do the above I think it would be cool to have all 4 Lincoln winners play in a tourny for Lincoln Champ. Bring Omaha winners from all divisions to play as well

- Scheduling: For Spring Season make mothers day and Memorial weekend mandatory weekends off. Way too many no show forfeits take place during these weeks. Start the season earlier to accommodate rain outs and holidays. Spring start date mid to late March. Fall Start Date - at least the week before labor day (college kids are back mid August). If necessary shorten Fall season to 8 games plus playoffs so we don't finish in mid to late November. Change price of league to accommodate shortened season.

- Stats: Worthless and not sure anyone cares anymore since we don't give any awards or prizes for Dragon Award, etc. If we do give away awards let the refs and players vote on it.

- Refs: removing stats from the picture should make it easier for them to ref. Refs are getting better than years past, so thanks for that.

- Cost of league: Keep at $400 as it compares to every other sport out there based on cost per game. Remove the requirement to get t-shirts for $70.

That is all I have. For now.