Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: $700+ to play football!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:22 pm 
Is this a serious price tag to play in this league now? Why has the registration ballooned to $470? Is that including or excluding the tshirt prices? I haven't played in a few years and check the boards every once in awhile to see if I'd like to come back to play but the amount per team that adds up with ref fees per game including playoffs is insane.

I honestly would like to see prices that the league pays for fields they use in town. With the problems in the past for referee issues and everything else the league has had issues with, I feel like being transparent would go a long way in keeping teams playing for the prices they pay.

Just wanted to get all of that off my chest. I know it's not going to be a popular opinion, but the prices have been a big reason I've stayed away, and imagine that, the Lincoln Parks and Rec have followed suit and now Softball teams have to pay $10 to the ump before each game this season. Just like micro-transactions in Video Games now huh fellas?

Post subject: Re: $700+ to play football!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:15 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
I agree with all the above. And due to this increase winning Intermediate A last season doesn't even pay for the entire entry this season. I hope this means higher payouts for teams with the increase in price.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:53 am 
Referee issues? When is the last time you played because, at least in my opinion, that hasn't been a problem since I took back over.

Second the $470 includes jerseys, this way we get a really good deal through a company in Omaha who wanted us to buy jerseys in bulk.
This is only an increase of like $50 isn't it? That doesn't seem outrageous to me at least, but maybe I'm not in agreement with the masses.
There has been many problems where teams are going to get jerseys but don't, and this simply eliminates that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:02 am 
I haven't played in a few years so the referee issues may have gone away. I wasn't trying to necessarily call out the referee issues now, but because of the issues in the past about referees and teams not liking certain guys ref, or because of the amount paid and increases in not only registering and paying refs, I felt the need was to be transparent about what the league has to pay for field rentals and that sort of thing. I understand it takes money to run a business, but because of the past issues I thought it would be an opportunity for the league to let their teams know what things are used for.

So does that mean you're making teams get jerseys? What if they have sponsors that would like their own jerseys instead of league jerseys?

I had always thought that even the 375 was a steep price to pay and then the extra money for refs. I know it was always an issue with my players not wanting to pay a registration fee, hence the sponsorship.

Again, I'm not trying to start a war or anything, I've always wondered about how much the league pays for fields around town and other aspects for the league.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm 
By no means does you voicing your concerns upset me at all. I want you to voice your opinion.

I 'personally' always thought the league was actually cheap. If it was a team of 10, and it was $400, that's $40 per person for a 10 game season + $20 for a ref fee. Each person paying $60 to play 10 games really doesn't seem crazy to me, but I understand where you're coming from.
Teams can still have their own jersey's, but now worst case scenario teams have 1, and some teams have 2.

How much we pay for the fields really isn't something we can discuss unfortunately. But it's not free if that helps :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:18 pm 
Hahaha dj the refs still suck do kid yourself ... We pay 5 dollars more than we did a couple years ago and nothing has changed .. as a matter of fact I think they've gotten worse lol .. won't name anyone .. but I had guy reffing my game watching football games on his phone lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 am 
Why cant we discuss the price of fields? I think that is a reasonable item to bring up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:29 am 
Especially in years past when we are either playing on rock hard dirt as in the Airpark Rec fields, or we're playing in the swamp that was Roper a couple years back. I don't know where games are held now, but I'd hope they are better quality fields that in prior seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:59 pm 
The field price can't be discussed because we have special deals. And there was a group who tried to start their own league. So really from a 'business' standpoint there is not benefit for us to discuss the price of the fields.

I really do feel like the ref quality has been good. The only issues I had about mid way through last season I got squared away. But Johnny you guys complain when I ref, so I mean I don't know what to say there.

Jacob, the fields are back out at Airpark by the rec. We haven't played there in a few seasons and the quality of grass is definitely better. And I'll be filling any and all holes as I find them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 am 
What does us complaining have to do with your refs watching football games on there phones instead of doing what we pay them to do?