Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Playoff Predictions
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:15 am 
Int B -
It comes down to two teams with MAYBE a third looking in.

I believe either Scrub Club or Corn Hub win this, with my predictions being Scrub Club. Corn Hub just doesn't have enough of a rush to get after Alex every play.
Over The Top has a shot, but I think they were a product of an easy schedule. Sorry :(. But they've been around for awhile and they're crafty, in the B division I would never count them out. But the playoffs come down to Alex (and that other guy, I think his name is Darrell).

Int A -
A division is definitely not as clear cut with I believe every single team having the opportunity to win it all. So I'll go through my November Madness Bracket

Pho Real vs Dirty 7 - First Round
Corey already displayed that with a hog pog team he could beat D7 and I think if D7 didn't have to play Corey then they may be able to win it all against any of the other four teams. But at last, I don't think D7 can beat a full squad Pho Real.

Pho Real vs Willy Faction - Semi's
Another one of those bad match ups, if Pho Real had to play any of the other four teams instead, I think they win, but Willy Faction has favorable match ups almost all across the board.

Pup'N'Suds vs DC Marvel - Semi's
This is the only game I'm not confident on. DC Marvel is without Kevin, Pup'N'Suds has had three guys get hurt and won't be there. They still have a decent team, but they're definitely going to be struggling. I think Mike is still able to pull this one off, but I'm really not sure.

Pup'N'Suds vs Willy Faction - Championship
Unfortunately I don't think Pup'N'Suds can really keep up here. I think because of their defensive line they have a chance, but I don't know if they'll have enough offensive explosion to keep up. Joe has been playing lights out, and if he didn't have his WRs dropping so many passes I don't think they would have lost a game this season. None the less I can't ever count out Mike, but I think he's handicapped with the guys he's missing.

Comp -
Legion of Boom vs Thunder Bunnies - Championship
LOB doesn't have Kevin and even then I don't think they would have had a chance. Don't really have much else to say there. But I'm excited to break the 1-1 tie this season with LOB vs TB. Excited for Corey and the gang to get redemption for the Corn Husker State Games and last years Comp game. And I'm excited for LOB to get a shot at redemption against TB after we smoked them two years ago in the Championship 50 something to 6.

Post subject: Re: Playoff Predictions
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 am 
We're not without Kevin... He played last week .. we are finally full and healthy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:02 pm 
Nice, I was told he was done for the season

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:37 pm 
Will the A championship game be this weekend also

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:48 pm 
Yes, I know it looks confusing but the a championship is at 4.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:49 pm 
A couple of the guys thought different so I thought I would get a clear answer .. thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 pm 
We beat a full squad Pho Real 1st game of the season? lol.

Should be a good time. Im hoping to rematch Willy Faction, we had a hell of a game last time. As long as our full team is there I think we can hang with anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:23 am 
Who else had predictions?!?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 pm 
Comp should be a good game, but I'd probably have to pick the fake TB team to win :). LOB knows what they're good at though and their defense has gotten much more consistent the last couple seasons, so I think it will be closer than you think. Side note: we should have a couple of the comp teams back in the spring so we can actually have a true playoff instead of one game. We really need to advertise for next spring especially since we're losing teams rather than growing.

In A, I think it will come down to either us, D7, or Pho. PNS is just hurting with injuries.

Pho will be dependent on which receivers are there for Corey to throw too. They actually have a few solid receivers, but there's some that rotate in that will drop 75% of the balls thrown their way (no offence).

D7 is always a pain to play because their very disciplined, don't make many mistakes, and know who to key on because I've played them about 50 times over the years. They can almost always keep up with any team because they play as more of a team than almost every team in the league.

Lastly, I think it's our championship to lose, but we will see. Our defense and flagpulling can be god awful at times so that's why we get in a lot of high scoring games. A should be a fun playoffs though!

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:19 am 
I'll say mine although I dont have much of a clue about other teams lol

Competitive:

Tossup in my opinion. Thunder Bunnies have hella talent but Legion of Boom always seems to just play at another level when it comes to big games.

A:

Kinda with Paulsen on this. Willy Faction has the record and some very talented players.Us at Dirty 7 played them super super close last time and when our whole team is present we play very cohesively. And Pho has Corey who can be impossible to defend when he's got a hot hand. Could be some really fun games. And it'll be my birthday so I expect teams to bring me presents :D :D

B: I dont know much of anyone but looks like Scrub Club's the team to beat. I'll pick them.