Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 5 10/5/17 - Interesting match ups
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:28 am 
Comp - No interesting match-ups

Int A -
Every team in A with maybe the exception of Young Guns has a chance this season. And even they are getting better.
I feel like the two favorites right now would be DC Marvel and Willy faction and they've got a heads up match this week. It comes down to Joe making passes in the opposite direction of Kevin, and if Willy Faction can stop Kevin from running. But I'm thinking DC wins it.

Dirty 7 and Pho Real being 3rd and 4th place doesn't mean much, I still think any team in A could beat any other team in A any given week. But it comes down to who has less turn overs. Dirty 7 needs to play more methodical than they typically do to win. Pho Real needs to use their 5 yard plays with pitches to open up the field so there can be the big plays. I think Pho Real takes it leaving D7 0-2 for the day.

Int B -

Over the top doesn't have an interesting match up, what I'm interested in though is seeing them face an actually tough team. So far they've had a super easy schedule, maybe next week.

ABD vs Scrub Club is the game to watch in INT B. ABD shouldn't be in B and Scrub Club is really only good because of Alex. But they've won this match up before. The whole game comes down to Adam. Will he make the on dime passes deep that he can make but then some games randomly doesn't? Adam usually isn't a turn over happy QB, usually makes the right decisions but the execution CAN BE sloppy. I think ABD can and will win it. They just need to execute on their opportunities given.

Cornhub vs Undrafted - Both teams I view as 3/4. Corn hub is getting better and has the athletes, Undrafted has Terry which means they have the ability to win any game (at least in B). However I don't know if he'll be there, if he's not then I think Undrafted will lack the organization to win. I'm going to assume he won't miss it however. Undrafted has a QB
who has played before, he can be very good if he keeps composed, but they have a TIME BOMB on their team who is usually good for one unsportsmanlike penalty a game, but he's a great athlete. I think that undrafted figure a way to pull it out though.

Post subject: Re: Week 5 10/5/17 - Interesting match ups
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:41 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:

Int A -
Every team in A with maybe the exception of Young Guns has a chance this season. And even they are getting better.
I feel like the two favorites right now would be DC Marvel and Willy faction and they've got a heads up match this week. It comes down to Joe making passes in the opposite direction of Kevin, and if Willy Faction can stop Kevin from running. But I'm thinking DC wins it.

Dirty 7 and Pho Real being 3rd and 4th place doesn't mean much, I still think any team in A could beat any other team in A any given week. But it comes down to who has less turn overs. Dirty 7 needs to play more methodical than they typically do to win. Pho Real needs to use their 5 yard plays with pitches to open up the field so there can be the big plays. I think Pho Real takes it leaving D7 0-2 for the day.

Int B -

Over the top doesn't have an interesting match up, what I'm interested in though is seeing them face an actually tough team. So far they've had a super easy schedule, maybe next week.

ABD vs Scrub Club is the game to watch in INT B. ABD shouldn't be in B and Scrub Club is really only good because of Alex. But they've won this match up before. The whole game comes down to Adam. Will he make the on dime passes deep that he can make but then some games randomly doesn't? Adam usually isn't a turn over happy QB, usually makes the right decisions but the execution CAN BE sloppy. I think ABD can and will win it. They just need to execute on their opportunities given.

Cornhub vs Undrafted - Both teams I view as 3/4. Corn hub is getting better and has the athletes, Undrafted has Terry which means they have the ability to win any game (at least in B). However I don't know if he'll be there, if he's not then I think Undrafted will lack the organization to win. I'm going to assume he won't miss it however. Undrafted has a QB
who has played before, he can be very good if he keeps composed, but they have a TIME BOMB on their team who is usually good for one unsportsmanlike penalty a game, but he's a great athlete. I think that undrafted figure a way to pull it out though.

I like your assessment of me. I feel similar, some games I'm on some games I'm off

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:03 pm 
We will for sure have a good run this year as long as we get everyone there and keep everyone healthy .. of course we have to go up against willy faction this week who is the top dog in A and we have half our team gone .. no excuses tho we will do what we do every week and compete .. hopefully the fields aren't torn up and we get to play

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:32 am 
Hladik-TB wrote:

Int A -

Int B -

Holy crap DJ did you almost go 0%? :D

Willy F 27 - DC 6
D7 21 - Pho Real 14
D7 14 - Thunder buddies 15 with the field goal very last second :shock:
Scrub Club 18 - ABD 0
Cornhub 21 - Undrafted 13.

love love :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 pm 
DC didn't have Kevin
Pho real didn't have Corey
Undrafted had 5 players, Marquis and I subbed for them, and they didn't have Terry lol

I can't predict reliability!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:18 am 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
DC wouldn't have won with Kevin. Should have been a shutout too had we not allowed a late 30 yard TD catch and run with 5 missed flag pulls.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:58 pm 
We were missing 5 guys .. not just Kevin .. and i guarantee we beat you with a full squad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:00 pm 
I don't know how you didn't score more points lol... We had one guy rushing the whole second half because Brian just stood in one spot hahah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:16 pm 
Haha I like how are all squabbling over second place. Cause D7 will take home the ship. Two quick points as to why. 1. Joes team won off of pretty much dropped passes against us so I'm looking forward to the rematch this week and when we played D.C. We had 4/11 guys who usually play on our team and no michael (arguably faster than kevin). The reality of the matter is is that we're the team to be beat. I'm open to objections but I'll see you all on that first place pedestal.

Last edited by Alexmastel on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:20 pm 
We already handled you guys Alex.. get outta here hahah