Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Willy Faction is back
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:15 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Burntz wrote:
You guys played a great game. QB was on point with his throws. We gave up a couple big plays which I wouldn't say is normal. Mikes TD catch should have been counted as the ball was knocked from his hand, but shit happens. I shouldn't have dropped that TD after catching it at the end, but getting (unintentionally) hit in the face didn't help. In the words of the late great Bo Pelini, we just gotta EXECUTE.

All in all it was fun. I'll expect to see us rematching in the playoffs later this year.

The receiver has to have possession of the ball for the "can't hit the ball out of his hands" rule to apply. They ruled he had not gained possession before the ball was knocked loose. It is no different than a defensive player going up and swatting at a ball as an offensive player goes to catch it. Think fade pattern, receiver goes up to catch ball, receiver touches ball first and is about to make the catch, defensive player then swats at ball knocking it loose from the receivers hands before gaining possession and it lands incomplete. Is that not a legal defensive play?

Also was it sloppy play by you guys or just great execution by us? Alex threw 3 interceptions, i say two of those three were caused by our defense. Offensively we were sacked once, you didn't blitz any differently than I have normally seen. So is that good blocking, better Routes being run to get rid of the ball before being sacked, better qb movement in the pocket or just sloppy defense?

And yes it was a lot of fun. And I expect us to battle it out multiple times this season especially in the championship game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm 
Burntz wrote:
Also I was bored and looking through stats for our game, and somebody dun goofed on Willy Factions stats. #24 had 35 catches for 0 yards and 2 TD's :lol:

Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:14 pm 
mcwilly18 wrote:
Burntz wrote:
You guys played a great game. QB was on point with his throws. We gave up a couple big plays which I wouldn't say is normal. Mikes TD catch should have been counted as the ball was knocked from his hand, but shit happens. I shouldn't have dropped that TD after catching it at the end, but getting (unintentionally) hit in the face didn't help. In the words of the late great Bo Pelini, we just gotta EXECUTE.

All in all it was fun. I'll expect to see us rematching in the playoffs later this year.

The receiver has to have possession of the ball for the "can't hit the ball out of his hands" rule to apply. They ruled he had not gained possession before the ball was knocked loose. It is no different than a defensive player going up and swatting at a ball as an offensive player goes to catch it. Think fade pattern, receiver goes up to catch ball, receiver touches ball first and is about to make the catch, defensive player then swats at ball knocking it loose from the receivers hands before gaining possession and it lands incomplete. Is that not a legal defensive play?

Also was it sloppy play by you guys or just great execution by us? Alex threw 3 interceptions, i say two of those three were caused by our defense. Offensively we were sacked once, you didn't blitz any differently than I have normally seen. So is that good blocking, better Routes being run to get rid of the ball before being sacked, better qb movement in the pocket or just sloppy defense?

And yes it was a lot of fun. And I expect us to battle it out multiple times this season especially in the championship game.

I guess I saw his catch differently. He had it caught for a full second (caught near head and had it near stomach about to tuck it) when the DB knocked it out of his hands. As for the rest, it could have been both, sloppy play on our part and great execution on yours. There were drives where we marched down the field on you very easily, especially at the end. And your receivers ran great routes and QB made great throws. Lot of variables, but you guys came out on top and deserved it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Burntz wrote:
mcwilly18 wrote:
Burntz wrote:

I guess I saw his catch differently. He had it caught for a full second (caught near head and had it near stomach about to tuck it) when the DB knocked it out of his hands. As for the rest, it could have been both, sloppy play on our part and great execution on yours. There were drives where we marched down the field on you very easily, especially at the end. And your receivers ran great routes and QB made great throws. Lot of variables, but you guys came out on top and deserved it.

I really thought that call could have gone either way. We came out on the right end of the call. I have seen that exact type of play happen a handful of times in college football this year. It's been 50/50 on who gets the call.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 pm 
I wish I would have seen it. But in Flag Football, you only have to have the ball for an extremely short period. Since it's no contact, basically as soon as the receiver catches the ball you can't hit it out of their hands.

Now if it is being bobbled you obviously can, but if I have my hands on the balls and you hit my hands for example, that would be illegal contact.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 pm 
neat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:16 am 
On topic I think any team in A has a chance with maybe the exception of Young Guns. But they actually showed a park of being decent last week vs Pho Real.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:17 am 
Well and Dirty 7 because Alex sucks, but I have to give them a chance since they won it last season.

If I had to bet, I would say it's between Willy Faction and 'maybe' DC Marvel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:41 am 
There's DJ just talking trash again... lol might as well make it official and be my cheerleader.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:49 am 
I'll cheer you on in the ship if you get that far