Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Next Season, Fall 2017
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:28 pm 
So as some of you know, next season I'll be taking back over as the Field Manager.
But I think enough of you care about this league enough to help me out. I'm going to be getting with Wyatt to get flyers made for the next season, so I'm hoping some of you will be interested in either handing them out to some friends, or hanging them up at your local gym/bar/etc.

BELTS
Next I will be working with Wyatt to get more new belts. When I took over my first time we went through and cleaned out all the bad belts and made sure they were all better quality. Hopefully that was noticeable, but I want you to be excited for that for next season as well. But I need some helping keeping these in tact. It gets old after every weekend going through the bag and putting belts back together.

REFS
Also I hope it was noticeable that when I ran it, we made sure 99% of games had two refs and for the most part I felt like it was quality refs. This next season will be no different from a players perspective.
However as far as it goes for those interested in reffing, I'm going to do some upgrades. As before there will be a ref schedule, if you're being 'employed' you will be expected to be there during your shifts, miss two shifts and you're no longer going to be scheduled. However in return, I know how crappy it is when a team forfeits and you're sitting around for an hour. So I will be making it so that if you're on the schedule to ref and the team you play against forfeits without proper notice then you will still get $10 for that hour. Yeah it's only half, but you're also only doing half the work as far as just being at the fields. Whether or not we make this come from the team that forfeited or I just pay the refs out of pocket will be decided later.
Refs are also only going to be those who have at least been in the league for a few seasons, we have enough vets who are willing to be around that we will stick to those with experience. But we will have a get together before the season so everyone is on the same page.

FIELDS
I don't 100% know where the fields will be, but assuming we keep them in Airpark, it's a 30 second drive from my house. I make sure to paint the fields every week, and absolute worst case I'll paint them the day of. I will also make sure to bring out a shovel to fill the holes, I know first hand what it feels like to tear an ACL out on a field and I want to prevent that as much as absolutely possible. But I will need some help keeping the fields cleaned up. I will make sure to have either a trashcan or at minimum a trash bag at the fields. So lets try to put more effort into throwing our water bottles and trash away instead of scattered around the fields.

SNAPCHAT
I think it would be kind of cool to be able to have league snapchats on Sunday so everyone can view them, or something along those lines. If anyone knows how to do something like this, contact me on facebook. I'd love to find a way to add a Nebraska Flagfootball account where your benchwarmers, friends/families would be able to add snaps to the snap story. I don't know if this is even possible, but I think it would be pretty cool.

So lastly, lets try to get a little more active. I see so many posts having 200+ views with 1 or 2 replies. This is all our league, we all hang out for a few hours every Sunday during the season. We're open to doing things to make the league better.

NFFL Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/Nebraska-Flag- ... 483146411/

If you want to add me on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/DJHladik

Keep your suggestions on here though so everyone has a chance to view and respond.

Oh and go Thunder Bunnies!!!

Post subject: Re: Next Season, Fall 2017
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:42 pm 
Oh and if you guys treat me right, I'll consider doing predictions again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:23 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:
Oh and if you guys treat me right, I'll consider doing predictions again.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:56 am 
So I discussed it with Adam and he said he'd blow you. Is that acceptable compensation to get the predictions again?

P.S. Adam is still my clutch receiver in A.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 pm 
Is it for sure in Air Park again this fall? Not a big deal either way, but if possible I think the league consensus is Roper if possible, then Arnold second choice, then Air Park.

I ran into Derek playing softball the other week actually and he said he wants to ref again. Definitely would be a good idea to bring him back in my opinion as he's consistent and is one of the best (if not the best) ref in the league.

I talked to Wyatt about the flyers and told him I would be more than happy to hand them out at the gym, bars, businesses, etc. Doing that alone I think would bring in a ton more teams to the league. I'm sure there's a lot of guys that would definitely help the league out as long as the league puts a little flyer together.

Good luck to the teams still going for a ship this Spring!

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:48 am 
Yeah I'll have to get ahold of Derek, I believe I still have his number. I would 100% want him if he is interested.
I was hoping we could have got flyers before the end of the season, but hopefully wee can get some soon and I'll meet up with anyone who wants them. Or maybe have a small get together with some of the regular individuals.

I'm not 100% sure where the fields will be, but I will be 100% bringing a shovel with me and filling in holes. Had that been done years ago, then I wouldn't have torn my first ACL and Meniscus lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 am 
Site Admin
tpaulsen2 wrote:
I talked to Wyatt about the flyers and told him I would be more than happy to hand them out at the gym, bars, businesses, etc. Doing that alone I think would bring in a ton more teams to the league. I'm sure there's a lot of guys that would definitely help the league out as long as the league puts a little flyer together.

Definitely will use it, I believe you and a few others volunteered to help. I'll be reaching out in the next few weeks and we can get started planning for the Fall and recruiting on the other side of the 4th.
-Wyatt-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:45 pm 
Are there any fields that are not way out at Roper or Air Park?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:57 am 
benmanley81 wrote:
Are there any fields that are not way out at Roper or Air Park?

Pull some strings so we can use Lincoln Christian's field Ben...

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:58 pm 
I personally probably wouldn't run it if it wasn't in Airpark or at Roper. Just would depend on where I suppose.