Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fields
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Time the yearly post about fields. The Field that is running East to west was a complete disaster. Not only was one touchdown 10 yards smaller than the other (Seriously, I walked it out), but there were a few places in the field that were essentially small craters. I was essentially throwing from a hole. There was also several places that had gopher or other animal holes that could easily cause injury (There was one in our game). And then lastly there was an 8 inch metal water pipe/drain cap in one of the red zones right in the middle of the field.

Post subject: Re: Fields
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:49 pm 
Those fields have always been disasters. I've had so many close calls with rolled ankles. Unfortunately I know it can be hard for the league to find good fields because our cleats and # of games played every weekend tear them up (esp in the spring when its wet).

And then it gets hot and dry and get turn to dust fields. I wish we could contract with UNL for their turf fields.

Post subject: Re: Fields
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:17 am 
Site Admin
There should be space where we can put the fields to avoid any issues. We will look into moving the fields around to solve this issue. Thanks for the heads up. If you notice any holes that didn't get filled, please let us know so that we can fill them with dirt and keep the playing field as safe as possible.