Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Schedule
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:48 am 
Holy $#%@ schedule is posted! How neat is that?

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:57 am 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Only 25 teams in the league? Remember when there was literally 3 games going on at once for more than half the day? And I don't see any new teams on this list. Do we not advertise to the University kids?

And lastly 5 teams in competitive, 6 in intermediate A? Just combine the two. There is no room for 3 different divisions for 25 teams. Go back to the good old days of Competitive and Intermediate only. You can only play on 2 teams. Of course then the league may be down to 15 teams with all the guys that play on multiple teams and can't. If we need to have 3 different playoff brackets at the end of the year so teams that got destroyed in the league can have a chance to win something so be it. It would be just like City Rec Slow Pitch Softball. Top half gets placed in one bracket bottom half in another bracket.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:54 am 
Agreed! I tried talking with Wyatt about this during playoffs last year. He must not have listened. Wyatt, listen to the players! Lezzzz go!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:35 pm 
Agreed - I mentioned it to Wyatt last Fall as well about having just two divisions or at the very least getting rid of the C league. I'm against combining A and comp this season just bc i play in A and comp :). But I've always been a huge advocate of just having "competitive" and "intermediate/rec/whatever you want to call it".

I could be wrong, but I think the league does zero advertising and just relies on word of mouth. We could get a lot more teams by simply putting flyers at Goodlife, Genesis, UNL Rec, etc., but for whatever reason they don't do that and am not sure why....

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 am 

The commish lives in Omaha now. Guarantee if Wyatt was down here it would be better. Problem is we have been going back and forth between people running the Lincoln side of things. Not sure if there is any incentive for that person, hope there is, but he should be the person responsible for expanding the league. There is no reason we shouldn't have 40 teams every season. Plus we need refs. While I agree the refs have been sketch at times I think if we want to have decent refs we should probably stop cussing them out as much as we do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:03 pm 
Site Admin
The schedule was posted the day before we discussed it being posted at the captain's meeting. Of the people confused, did any of your team captain's care enough to attend the meeting who's purpose is to provide this information? My number is 4022022854 (Wyatt), and it's posted on the website, I've actually been speaking with some of you by text and this confusion wasn't mentioned.

But let me address some concerns:
Yes, first of all, my time is thin, much has changed since the days when I was in college. Not an excuse, just a fact, and NO doubt the league has suffered in my absence since moving to Omaha. Though I'm looking for more help. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HELPING OUT THE LEAGUE (WE'LL PAY YOU) IN ANY REGARD OR WITH RECRUITING OR REFFING, SHOOT ME A TEXT. I would love more people involved, you know I love you all.

I'm not sure what good combining leagues would do. The solution of cross division games we do is the best way to get the best of both worlds. Plus competitive plays Omaha teams, so the commitment and skill are a pretty big gap. Not to mention, the actual result would simply be a less competitive B league with crazy gaps between teams. The actual solution is just more teams, better recruitment, more people involved.

A lot of the bad habits we've gotten in to are a result of over allowing flexibility. I don't want to lose that, but you guys are right we have to tighten down. It'll be much easier to get further out with the schedule if we stop the constant allowances of late changes and so many time requests being honored and adjusted for. That's part of, the other part of it is me dropping the ball, I'll do better at this, but please don't complain when I'm actually on schedule, lol.

My line is always open, most of you know me, we're all friends mostly. 4022022854.
Wyatt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:26 pm 
Thank you Wyatt! It's good to hear from the guy in control! :D :D

If there is a flier or something, I'd be more than glad to help put those up in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:24 pm 

You suck Wyatt! But we love you! We all have a love-hate relationship. As for help, what area can we help with. Feel free to text me. Outside of reffing...sorry I have kids that go to bed at 830 so the weekends is the most time I get with them and I don't necessarily need the money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 am 
If you have a flier you can upload to here, I know of plenty of places I could hang one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 am 
Thanks for reaching out Wyatt. We complain because we care :). Appreciate you addressing all the concerns!

Overall it was a solid week one. Hopefully some teams will move up to A and some will probably have to move down as well. Comp it looks like all the teams in the division will be pretty solid, so it'll be fun having true competitive games every week.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2