Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forfeit?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:14 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Why was Man Crush charged a forfeit for poor handling of scheduling changes and communication by the league?

Post subject: Re: Forfeit?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:08 am 
I actually emailed Wyatt early this morning, so hopefully I will hear back from him. I even sent him a screenshot of the email Matt got from the league saying our game was at 4.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:21 pm 
don't talk bad about the league guise, stop being like Albers!

-whichever Manley posts here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:14 am 
Thunder wrote:

Complaining about the refs or stats isn't really a fair comparison to being unfairly charged a forfeit (and also getting one less regular season game we paid for) due to the league telling us our game was at the wrong time. I have a screenshot of the email saying our game was at 4 and our team showed up at 4. Why should we be punished because the league told us the wrong time?

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:43 am 
Oh that's weird, we pay the refs the agreed upon price for every game, even though we often only have one ref. Furthermore, stats have not been recorded in 4/6 of our games, and the other two have very poorly recorded stats. TD's don't even match up to the score.

Why should we settle for subpar reffing and stat keeping while paying the same fee we do?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:33 pm 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Complaining about the refs or stats isn't really a fair comparison to being unfairly charged a forfeit (and also getting one less regular season game we paid for) due to the league telling us our game was at the wrong time. I have a screenshot of the email saying our game was at 4 and our team showed up at 4. Why should we be punished because the league told us the wrong time?

I realize this, but go look at my post where I said I was giving up hope on things being recorded properly and he told me not to fall into an Albers trap of complaining about everything.... I was mocking him. I feel bad for yall because I know what it's like to not have our wins recorded and games cancelled because the league is being mismanaged...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:38 pm 
Both my team and our opponent showed up at 930 to empty fields....we we're both contacted maybe 30 minutes prior to gametime to let us know the 930 were cancelled. The other team said it was because of forfeit, so it surprised them when we were all there. lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:46 pm 
I'm sorry but this is clearly different! At the start of our game, we told the refs to give Joe his 100 points and don't even record stats. Honestly, who cares about stats? We all know who the best players are and what team they are on. The guy who has to have every stat perfect is the guy who is insecure about his football skills! :lol: :lol: :lol: That being said, I have not said anything on here about our forfeit! Even though it is not the same thing as complaining about refs ALL THE TIME. At some point, you lose credibility and you lost yours about 1000 complaints ago!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:32 pm 
benmanley81 wrote:
I'm sorry but this is clearly different! At the start of our game, we told the refs to give Joe his 100 points and don't even record stats. Honestly, who cares about stats? We all know who the best players are and what team they are on. The guy who has to have every stat perfect is the guy who is insecure about his football skills! :lol: :lol: :lol: That being said, I have not said anything on here about our forfeit! Even though it is not the same thing as complaining about refs ALL THE TIME. At some point, you lose credibility and you lost yours about 1000 complaints ago!

You prove over and over again how unintelligent you are. You skim read posts and make broad assumptions that you can blast on the message board to make yourself look more cool. Get lost douche.

Heres the deal. We have two refs. Ones main job is to take stats. Now answer me this: why in the fuck would you pay someone to do something, if they don't do it?

You can make whatever retarded argument you want about why stats may or may not matter, but that's not the issue. If I pay someone to take stats, I want to see some damn stats. Its advantageous to us because we can see where the strengths lie in other teams, other teams can see ours, we can tailor our game plan to suit, etc. Plus its just fun to bust peoples balls about stats or give you something to work towards. Believe it or not, some teams don't just put together tall rednecks and go out and play schoolyard football. Some of us run plays, have formations and styles of offense / defense... and.. you know, use strategy :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:35 pm 
At this point, Manley

A) is trolling
B) doesn't care if his money (assuming he contributes money) is wasted
C) is legitimately stupid.

Not sure which one.

Disagree with Albers 99% of the time and maybe 99% of the time he's wrong, but not in this case. You're promised a product, you pay for the product, it's not unreasonable to be upset when it isn't delivered.