Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Week 2 Nonsense Predictions
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:29 pm 
benmanley81 wrote:
Oh. BY the way it was me saying no TD! Mainly because your player did the ignorant college football player move and dropped it at the 5 yard line! Haha also, how do you expect 1 ref to take stats and ref?

What are you talking about ? He never dropped the ball. He reached it out past the end zone line. The defender grabbed his flag right after and threw it back to the 5. I was like 10 yards behind them. Next time mind your own game and shut the hell up.

I didn't expect him to take stats. I said it was annoying he collected $20 from both teams desite being the only ref until way late in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:32 pm 
Thunder wrote:
Stuff happens, we had a couple pretty terrible calls in our game. Like literally a 5 yard forward lateral that went for a TD but didn't get called because there wasn't a ref near the play. I mean, the only options are

A) Don't play
B) Play.

Option A would really get things going because without players, there's no league. I think the problem is we all love to play football and there is no alternative. I'm still a bit in the dark when it comes to why we haven't actively sought out people from outside the league to ref these games. For 20 bux a pop, you could easily get someone with a free afternoon to do it.

The refs in the league receive no training and many haven't even played, or hardly have. I know mistakes happen but to call something a touchdown then change your mind cuz someone not even on our field yelled something is ridiculous, and then he copped an attitude. That ref won't ref another one of our games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:07 am 
Man I hope the refs or anyone outside the league doesn't read your posts. That's not what this league is about.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:29 am 
The refs are still dedicating their time and most of their Sunday to help run this league. Refs make mistakes sure and even if we brought in official flag football refs they would make mistakes too, so stop complaining about the refs every game and play through it. You gotta learn to let stuff go man, your team is still 2-0 so I don't even get what you're all worked up about in the first place.

More importantly, anyone doing predictions this week? That's really the only reason I check the message board :)

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:44 am 
Albers misses me?
Someone goofed. Most likely Albers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 pm 
Bump. JT and Dan reffed a solid game for us today. No problems this time around.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:46 pm 
Dan and JT were always solid refs for me. I got lucky with the guys who volunteered for me.