Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Champions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:43 am 
benmanley81 wrote:
Man, You don't try to fix something that is working. The great thing about our team is you could have stepped up and tried taking that away and we would have hit you with something else. You guys had a great season but going 3-0 against the #2 team was a great accomplishment for Man Hands. Now, we want Legion of Boom!

For sure. It's our own fault for not being smart enough to stop it. I was just bitter because I was on the opposite side of the field playing 1 on 1 with you for 2/3 of the game knowing what the play was going to be every time haha.

Hopefully you guys play in the fall, the games against you guys are always some of the most competitive games of the season. You going to move up to comp? I guess it doesn't matter because I play comp too (really got screwed out of that championship losing to a team we beat 25-0 and 19-13 in the season :cry: )

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:19 am 
If they beat you, you didnt get screwed out of anything. As much as I'd like to blame the garbage refs that I asked to not have ref our games yesterday, I know that the real reason is that PnS just played better than us. Good refs wouldn't have made a difference.

I'm excited for fall league though! Kind of want to look for a comp team to get on, or an A team if we don't move up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:55 am 
Burntz wrote:
If they beat you, you didnt get screwed out of anything. As much as I'd like to blame the garbage refs that I asked to not have ref our games yesterday, I know that the real reason is that PnS just played better than us. Good refs wouldn't have made a difference.

I'm excited for fall league though! Kind of want to look for a comp team to get on, or an A team if we don't move up.

Legion beat us, but if you were in Omaha you would have been livid, I've seen how mad you get at refs lol. Legion was up by 6 and on third down they pitched the ball 4 yards forward and everyone let him run into the endzone bc they figured the ref (who was friends with all the LOB players and was literally trash talking our team during the game) would call a penalty. He claimed he "didn't see it" even though he was standing 5 yards away from the play, and that pretty much sealed the deal on us being able to tie it back up.

Would we have won if it wasn't for that call? Idk, but I was just frustrated that we didn't even have a chance to (fyi we had 8 penalties on our team, while the other team had 0), especially to a team we beat twice in the regular season. But hey, shit happens and LOB is a really cool group of guys so I'm glad they won. On to getting ourselves a comp championship in the fall :).

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:14 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
I will always take what the defense gives us Tyler. And that was the short slant or 7 yard hitch to the opposite side of you. Mix that with moving my center around to create space and then hitting him with a deep ball that essentially sealed the game. It was a complete mismatch. I was going there until it stopped working. As a matter of fact I even apologized to Ben in the middle of the half for not going his way and that it likely was going to continue to be that way.

Plus I tried hitting Matt on a deep ball one on one with you earlier in the game. I think he would agree that it should have been caught, but I wasnt trying to stay away from you completely.

That being said great game! And I will admit after we failed to score on our first drive after you scored I was slightly worried. Thankfully I enjoy pressure situations and as Ben said I had no doubts that we would reign as champs at seasons end especially when they finally let me play QB full time..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:30 pm 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
Burntz wrote:

Legion beat us, but if you were in Omaha you would have been livid, I've seen how mad you get at refs lol. Legion was up by 6 and on third down they pitched the ball 4 yards forward and everyone let him run into the endzone bc they figured the ref (who was friends with all the LOB players and was literally trash talking our team during the game) would call a penalty. He claimed he "didn't see it" even though he was standing 5 yards away from the play, and that pretty much sealed the deal on us being able to tie it back up.

Would we have won if it wasn't for that call? Idk, but I was just frustrated that we didn't even have a chance to (fyi we had 8 penalties on our team, while the other team had 0), especially to a team we beat twice in the regular season. But hey, shit happens and LOB is a really cool group of guys so I'm glad they won. On to getting ourselves a comp championship in the fall :).

Wow, yea I probably would have gotten ejected lol. I've been trying so hard to keep my cool lately. Worked pretty well. We had the same 2 crap refs all 3 games. The one crazy mofo wearing a zip up hoody in 100* weather would literally move the puck forward on every play even if it was a no gain or a loss of yards. At one point finke got the guy behind the line and literally yelled "If you don't spot the puck back a yard I will lose my shit" ... and the dude walked forward and spotted it a yard forward. Absolutely nuts. Both Adam and the receiver went up to make a play on the ball, both facing it, both didnt see each other, and Adam tipped it to the corner for an interception. Got called on defensive pass interference. But I didnt get a call when their middle linebacker literally put his hands out and pushed through me. It was a shit show. But I can't blame our loss on them, or one bad call like you're talking about.

Out of curiosity ... was the pitch in the backfield or?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:25 pm 
Yeah some of the refs are definitely better than others, and it's really frustrating when you have ones that don't pay attention. Having played in Omaha yesterday though I can assure you the Lincoln ones are 10x better. For half of our game both refs thought the other person was keeping the play clock.... like seriously is that a joke? What were they doing for the first 10 min, just keeping the clock in their head or what?

And it was like a quick out to the center probably like 5 yards up the field, myself and Matt on our team come up and make the tackle 3 yards short of the line, and the guy pitches it just before we pull his flag. The guy who caught the pitch was a yard in front of the line, and our team didn't even really attempt to get him bc it was blatantly obvious (or so I thought) it was an illegal forward pass. I was just so livid because the ref was literally 5 yards from the play and his excuse was "he didn't see it".

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:29 pm 
mcwilly18 wrote:
I will always take what the defense gives us Tyler. And that was the short slant or 7 yard hitch to the opposite side of you. Mix that with moving my center around to create space and then hitting him with a deep ball that essentially sealed the game. It was a complete mismatch. I was going there until it stopped working. As a matter of fact I even apologized to Ben in the middle of the half for not going his way and that it likely was going to continue to be that way.

Plus I tried hitting Matt on a deep ball one on one with you earlier in the game. I think he would agree that it should have been caught, but I wasnt trying to stay away from you completely.

That being said great game! And I will admit after we failed to score on our first drive after you scored I was slightly worried. Thankfully I enjoy pressure situations and as Ben said I had no doubts that we would reign as champs at seasons end especially when they finally let me play QB full time..

I don't blame you one bit. I would have thrown quick slants all day long especially since we didn't adjust for whatever reason.

That deep ball you threw was a great ball. I was running with Matt and you about dropped it in there so I couldn't reach it, but if he would have gotten that it would have been one hell of a catch.

TB (I'm guessing we'll change our name since like 3-4 of our guys are leaving, so we will need new people) will have to redeem ourselves in the fall. Yesterday was a rough day losing both the A and Comp championships :/. Are you playing with BYL in the fall?

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:32 pm 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
Yeah some of the refs are definitely better than others, and it's really frustrating when you have ones that don't pay attention. Having played in Omaha yesterday though I can assure you the Lincoln ones are 10x better. For half of our game both refs thought the other person was keeping the play clock.... like seriously is that a joke? What were they doing for the first 10 min, just keeping the clock in their head or what?

And it was like a quick out to the center probably like 5 yards up the field, myself and Matt on our team come up and make the tackle 3 yards short of the line, and the guy pitches it just before we pull his flag. The guy who caught the pitch was a yard in front of the line, and our team didn't even really attempt to get him bc it was blatantly obvious (or so I thought) it was an illegal forward pass. I was just so livid because the ref was literally 5 yards from the play and his excuse was "he didn't see it".

wow. thats a joke. Zip up hoody guy couldn't tell where the opponents QB went out of bounds... when he was literally 3 yards away... tried to make some reference to "semi trucks" and how you can't see in front of them. What? Just mark where the damn guy went out of bounds.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:55 pm 
Burntz wrote:

wow. thats a joke. Zip up hoody guy couldn't tell where the opponents QB went out of bounds... when he was literally 3 yards away... tried to make some reference to "semi trucks" and how you can't see in front of them. What? Just mark where the damn guy went out of bounds.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:07 pm 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
mcwilly18 wrote:

I don't blame you one bit. I would have thrown quick slants all day long especially since we didn't adjust for whatever reason.

That deep ball you threw was a great ball. I was running with Matt and you about dropped it in there so I couldn't reach it, but if he would have gotten that it would have been one hell of a catch.

TB (I'm guessing we'll change our name since like 3-4 of our guys are leaving, so we will need new people) will have to redeem ourselves in the fall. Yesterday was a rough day losing both the A and Comp championships :/. Are you playing with BYL in the fall?

I don't think there is a place for Man Hands in intermediate A right. We are moving up to comp and as of right now we are playing in the fall. Can't wait!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next