Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best of the Bests
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:44 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:
You guys should really look into the dragon award. You can only get a max of 100 a week. We played two double headers, (4 games only count as 2) and he missed a week.

I'm really not trying to be biased. I already said if Joe played QB all season it may be different. But simply put, he didn't, and Mike's QBR was still better.

And again... you guys are only short stats from one week.

Im telling you right now that the stats that were just uploaded from our 2nd game verse you are definitely wrong. Also, I don't know for sure but I am pretty sure its 100 points each game, not each week!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:47 pm 
It's per week.

And I loaded those this morning before these conversations started lol. I guess I remember it more like the stats that were wrote down. I don't recall you scoring at all unless they were extra points and I forgot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:50 pm 
I know I scored at least once but it's okay. Lets face it, Joe is the best player in INT A and is on the best team!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:21 pm 
jmarsh10 wrote:
Well albers you guys played 2 more games than us and one of our loses was a forfeit so technically 3 gsmes and you and Adam had 100 and 105 more points than I ... So I'm pretty sure I would of ram away with the Dragon award if we played all the schduled games

Its per week dude. We played 3 games in 1 day, which means the 2 extra games we played had no effect on the dragon award.
Furthermore, even if you had played the one week you didn't show up (nice..) you could have only scored 100 points (unless you were the #1 player that week). Which means you STILL would have had about a 99% chance to lose.

Math... its hard.

Quote:
The Dragon Award is calculated so that both Offensive and Defensive players have opportunities to compete.

For the player of the Week, all points count (there are diminishing returns after 100)

For the overall Dragon Leader, 100 points from each week are counted. This is to level the playing field, and give all positions an opportunity to compete. You will need to consistently play well week after week to be in the running. The 100 point limit is also to encourage sportsmanship, so players and teams will not try to blow out other teams just for the dragon points.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:24 pm 
benmanley81 wrote:
I know I scored at least once but it's okay. Lets face it, Joe is the best player in INT A and is on the best team!

Gonna laugh if ya'll get beat in the playoffs by TB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:25 pm 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
For Mike being MVP he's really solid and a great QB (btw he only missed one game DJ), but like I said earlier we lost twice to Manley so nobody on our team can really be MVP IMO over Joe/Ben. Both Manley and our TB have a lot of guys across the board that are athletic, and regardless of Dragon Award points everyone knows who the best players on each team are.

For Comp I'd argue Alex could deserve MVP. He did great all season both offensively and defensively. I get no love even though I finished with the most receiving yards in comp and second in the DA points (although he had significantly more points).

As for best rusher, Marquis is definitely one of the best. Goose is an animal I agree, but idk if he would put up such crazy numbers in A or comp. In B some of the teams either don't block at all or their blocking is pretty pathetic. Having good guards is very underrated.

I'd also nominate best rusher #33 (can't remember his name) from Legion of Boom. He's borderline offsides every play haha, but he's a monster and was the most impressive I saw all season.

Goose garnered most of his reputation by terrorizing QB's in A league... lolz. I guess people forget we were in A the last 3 seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:30 pm 
You have 865 points through 11 games I had 760 through 9 ... My math isn't great but I'm pretty sure I would of beat both of you if we played the same amount of games .. But it doesn't matter ... Good luck to everyone this weekend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:37 pm 
jmarsh10 wrote:
You have 865 points through 11 games I had 760 through 9 ... My math isn't great but I'm pretty sure I would of beat both of you if we played the same amount of games .. But it doesn't matter ... Good luck to everyone this weekend

That very well could be true but what Albers is saying is two of our games didn't count towards our Dragon award points because you can only have a certain amount of DA points per week and thera was week where we played 3 games, so I think the points are still accurate.
This shit don't matter anyway lol only thing that matters now is playoffs boys!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:50 pm 
Good luck Adam .. You're good shit dude .. Hopefully we will get to see you in the championship

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:53 pm 
My point is I scored 760 in 8 games .. He scored 865 in 10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next