Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best of the Bests
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:19 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Duplicate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:44 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Outside of statistics I think we need to discuss who is actually the MVP in all leagues. As in the player in the league that essentially if he wasn't there the season for that team would be much different. Who carries their team on his back when shit gets tough?

Corey is clearly a game changer, but statically his stats are much different in competitive than compared to intermediate. He is the best player in this league no matter the level but he does greatly benefit from the other freak athletes that are on his competitive team. I have the same situation on Man Hands.

What's everyone think?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 pm 

Team: The boys
Player: 9
Honestly that's a tough question who knows. Corey is definitely a good athlete no doubt and joe you're a great qb too. It's tough to determine since there isn't a ton of players that play in different leagues. So even if one player does well in one league it'd be tough to see that player on a different team and see how well they do. Plus every convo for mvp goes to qbs so it's tough to determine who is actually the most impactful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:03 am 
I'm not sure you could make a 100% factual case as to who the NFFL MVP would be in general, much less per league. So many variables.

IE:

I finished #1 dragon award, Adam barely behind me #2. Statistically I think he was much better. I dont think we could have thrown anyone else in there for him and gotten the same results. Could we have switched me out for a different receiver and gotten the same results? Who knows. My value wasn't just in catching TD's, but also drawing double teams and stretching the field. How much of an impact did I have on helping get other receivers open? Could someone else have easily done the same? Can't quantify that.

Then you look at Pho Real - Held to almost 1/3 of their points scored average against us in B without Corey. Is he really responsible for THAT much of their offense? Is he that big of a game changer? I know we sure as hell don't like when we have to play defense against him...

Or Mike? Who was the QB for Thunder Bunnies right? Crash Bandicoot tattoo? He has fantastic season stats as the TB QB. Plays QB for Pup's N Suds and got completely shut down against us. Half his passes couldn't make it to receivers. Was it a bad game? Do his receivers make him look good? Was he the biggest reason for TB and PnS success?

How about Scrub Club? They did pretty decent all year, but the last two games without Alex and Darell they got completely blown out of the water. Are Alex and Darell MVP material? (they are in my heart <3)

I think it'd have to come down to a vote lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:25 am 

Well for every game I've missed this year my team has gone 0-4 with my b teams being blown out, same for my a team (D7). And I won the dragon award in comp. haha but if we're being fair I think honestly marquis could win mvp. His Rush is filthy and disrupts pretty much any qb and there is a complete difference between his Rush and a lot of the other players. I feel as though McWilly could win mvp as well cause even though he does have tree receivers but man hands did lose to D7 that first game when he didn't play qb(I think they were down one of their brother too tho) and since their lose he's played qb I believe. Also his comp team would no offense to them but definitely not be as good without him(they took a bye cause they knew he'd be gone, says a lot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:52 am 
For me, you can't be the most valuable player on a team that isn't in first place or near the top.

Comp - Corey.
So it's really only between No Ragrets and New Speed.
Take their most valuable players, Alex and Corey (in my opinion).
Alex's QB rating in their only game vs NR, 91. Corey's was 149.
That's almost enough to convince me Corey was the MVP, but them being the only undefeated team is.

INT A - Mike.
So I think everyone is in agreement it's between Man Hands, Thunder Bunnies and Pho Real. For me Pho Real had a shit season so I think it's really to TB and MH.
So if I had to take the best 'players' I would probably say Mike from TB then Ben (Gronk) and Joe from MH.
Game 1 - Mike had a QB rating of 103, Joe had a rating of 62. Gronk had 5 catches for 45... So vote this game goes to Mike.
Game 2 - Mike had a QB rating of 79, Joe had a rating of 97. Gronk had 2 catches for 18 yards (no touchdowns either game), but he did get an INT both games. So I would have to give the vote to Joe.

I don't find the convincing enough even though MH beat TB both games.
Here are the remaining stats. Joe played 6 games at QB and Mike played 9 games at QB so keep that in mind.
Mike - Atts 196, Comp 142, 72% Comp, 1882 Yards. 29 tds, 8 ints, 2 Rush TDs, Rating 124.
Joe - Atts 116, Comp 68, 58% Comp, 757 Yards. 16 tds, 4 int, 3 Rush TDs, Rating 102.

I'm obviously a little biased, but I'm trying not to be.
I would say that the two head to games really don't tell a whole lot, Mike's average QBR 91, Joe's 79.5.
Both QBs mean a lot to both teams, can't take that away. But if I had to say one QB clearly has put on a clinic from day 1 to the end, it's got to be Mike. If Joe would have played all season long at QB it may be different.

INT B - Adam.
I don't think there is another team that you can really say had quite as good of a season, Pup N Suds maybe, but I don't think so.
I'm sure Albers thinks he should be in this discussion, but no. Finke had 150 more yards, and #14 only had 2 less TD receptions. Sure led the team in INTs, but it's really not even close.
Adam was a little lackluster in Completion % and Rating. I would have liked to see Pylon Python's QB #1 play all season long, that guy was really good. He's the only other person I can even think of to bring into this conversation. You could probably bring Goose into the conversation because he led the league in sacks, but I still think this was a blow out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:32 am 

Hahhaa this is a classic lebron comment on steph winning the mvp. If you wanna say the best player on the winning teams due to the fact that some teams have talent rich teams then yes your players are the mvp. Im not saying the players aren't good. Don't tbinj anyone can say Corey isn't good but having freak athletes like jt Dan Marcus and track athletes from unl help. But if you wanna talk about a player who without being there would lose a ton more games and not do near half as well then that's a different discussion. For instance without mike playing qb for tb you guys still won games. I recall the game jt played qb you guys still won. Same for man hands without joe they still won games. The only player I think that wouldn't happen with from your list is Adam. So adam takes the most credit on your list I believe. Corey is there too because without him pho went I believe 0-4. So Corey definitely belongs on that list too. Im just saying it all depends on how you define mvp.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:35 am 
DJ Man Hands beat us twice though, so idk how one of our guys could be MVP. It's an individual award yes, but how good the team they play on has been should also be a factor (might just be my personal opinion). Right now MH is better than us and they beat us twice, so I'd have to give MVP to Joe or Ben probably.

Ben I don't remember him doing a lot against us specifically, but he's dominated some of the other teams. Joe is arguably the best pure passer IMO in the league (especially after seeing it last week subbing for his comp team), and you could make a case for him for MVP as well.

Overall though, Corey's all around ability is what makes whatever team he's playing on significantly better. Regrets has good athletes but they wouldn't be near as good without him, and same with Pho as well.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:42 pm 
I would have to agree with Paulsen here. We beat you guys fully staffed twice so the award in your opinion going to Mike is a little strange! Also, I did have 2 TDs on you guys the second time we played :lol:

However, I don't know where Joe and I stand as far as the MVP, I think we could both be up there at 1a (Joe) and 1b (me). I do have to say that my stats are the best receiving stats in A and on my team and I have caught a few TD's but the funny thing is, like I have been saying all year is that I am not the best WR on my team! Joe would fully agree I think that Matt is by and far better than I am at WR. When we played Pho Real this last week, Corey played over the top on my side and I had 1 catch in a game we won 31-14. My brother Matt dominated on the other side and my brother Joe dominated over the middle and Corey couldn't do anything on D because we have other guys to go to. So, I am honored to be considered as the MVP. At the same time, I would argue that we have the best QB & WR trio in any of the leagues. I haven't even mentioned DJ!

Also, our blitzer on defense (Jared) does not get enough credit, he is fast.

Oh and one more thing, Man Hands has played Corey twice the past 2 weeks: 6 interceptions! We take pride in that because of how great Corey is every week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 pm 
So you don't think you are the best WR on your team, but you think you should be MVP 1b?
You just admitted you got shut down in three different games, I must be remembering something incorrectly because I don't remember you getting any TDs against us, nor does that stat sheets show that. None the less shut down in three big games and your team won without you doing a whole lot. But you should be #2?

And I'm fine with people thinking my opinion is wrong, but Mike blew everyone else out of the water in the Dragon Award and he missed 2 or three games :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next