Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Contenders?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:59 pm 
An Omaha guy made the post for their side of the forum.
Figured I'd make the same.

So basically the way too early question of who we think are the contenders.

Comp-
My assumption is that No Ragrets will end up winning out right.
But New Speed, Back Yard legends would be my 2nd/3rd picks.
With SGI 30 being the 4th.
I could see LOB making a push if they got all their guys together for playoffs.

INT A -
I'll refrain from picking my own team.
I think the two teams here that are really the contenders are Man Hands and Pho Real.

INT B -
There is quit a few good teams here.
I think NFL Legends will win it. But Pup'N'Suds, Multiple Scoregasms would be the next closest contenders.
And those who could make surprises, Always Balls Deep, Donkey Punch Mafia, Aluminum Curtain and Scrub Club.

Post subject: Re: Contenders?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:38 am 
Nothing?!

Updates -
Comp -
Still No Ragrets

Int A -
Pho Real 1st, then Man Hands WITH Joe at QB 2nd.

Int B -
Pup'N'Suds has a lot of new players, BUT they are solid football players. I think they are in 1st right now, but they need some tough opponents to really see what they are made of.
Multiple Scoregasms 2nd and Always Balls Deep 3rd.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:11 am 
I think its too early to tell, teams change a lot as the season goes on.
I have no good way of making a prediction as I haven't gotten to see anyone play really.

So here is my uneducated whatever picks:

Competitive:
No Ragrets - I picked them over New Speed because their team name is awesome.

Intermediate A:

Thunder Bunnies - No matter how stupid their name may be ;) , they won the SHIP last year and haven't lost this year. I'd say they have a real good shot at a repeat. Also, I can't stand the asian team and the Manley team has never really impressed me.

Intermediate B:
Either Pup N' Suds or Always Balls Deep - It is probably way too early to tell so I'm just talking out of my ass :lol:
I'm not sure who is all on Pup N's Suds but their point spread and stats look good. I also just looked at who they've played and so far their opponents combined have 118 points scored and 240 points scored on them with a combined record of 2-7.

In contrast our point spread and stats don't match up as well but our opponents have a combined 170 points scored and 182 points scored on them with a combined record of 5-5. We lost our first came by 1 point and haven't been scored on since. But they did beat the team that beat us by 26-0.

So yea, who knows!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:51 am 
Us (Prestige Worldwide aka New Speed) vs No Regrets should be a really good test. It'll be a really good game playing some of our Thunder Bunny teammates and I think the game will be really close. Our offense just needs to get a little more consistent, but that will come with us playing together more since most of us it's our first season together.

Legion just needs Kevin or the guy who played QB against us (don't know his name), that way Preston can play receiver. If they could do that i think that would help them out a lot.

In A I'd say Thunder Bunnies are the clear favorite, but Manley and Pho Real are always close games. Outside of our 3 teams, I don't know anyone else that has much of a shot to win it.

I don't play B and haven't seen a lot of the B teams play, but so far NFL Legends (formerly DC Marvel) looks like the favorite. Mike's Pup N Suds team I haven't watched yet but I've heard they're pretty good too, so it should be an interesting playoffs.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:53 am 
Albers - Always Balls Deep is not ever going to win the ship no matter how many times you try to convince yourself you are :lol:

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 am 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
Albers - Always Balls Deep is not ever going to win the ship no matter how many times you try to convince yourself you are :lol:

I mean we did just shut out the apparent number 1 team so we're playing pretty well right now, stop drinking that haterade tpaul. And we won the ship like 2 Springs ago

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:42 pm 
Lets keep in mind it was the apparent #1, a whopping two weeks into the season lol.
However it was a good defensive game with the score really being closer than the game was.

A big play. And a mistake margin at about +1 or +2 is what changed this game.

It was a really good game though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:57 pm 
adamcnfr44 wrote:
tpaulsen2 wrote:

I mean we did just shut out the apparent number 1 team so we're playing pretty well right now, stop drinking that haterade tpaul. And we won the ship like 2 Springs ago

Lol I mainly just wanted to get Albers all riled up, but I forgot you had an account on here too Adam :). No hating, I just think of the team's I've seen in B there are better ones. You can prove me wrong though!

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:42 pm 
tpaulsen2 wrote:

Lol Bro, we cruisedddd to the ship in B a couple years ago :roll: . And then the next season we lost the ship in A by one friggin point -- and we had a chance till the refs didnt call a blatant illegal contact call when they did a qb sneak shoulders lowered and all straight through our stacked line. IIRC the call would have given us the safety as they were pinned on their 1 yard line. Not sure exactly how that ruling goes.

But that doesn't matter now, the team has changed up quite a bit. Just wanted to let you know you're wrong. Also, hope you learned how to catch finally cuz you were dropping passes all spring in pickup games :lol: :lol: :lol: Kthxbye

Oh and in case you needed some evidence:

Last edited by Burntz on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:52 pm 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
adamcnfr44 wrote:
tpaulsen2 wrote:

Lol I mainly just wanted to get Albers all riled up, but I forgot you had an account on here too Adam :). No hating, I just think of the team's I've seen in B there are better ones. You can prove me wrong though!

We have under achieved the last few seasons. I'm hoping we can play to our potential this year

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next