Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Albers Week 9 Predictions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:58 am 
Last regular games of the seasons. Since DJ no longer does predictions, I will normalize mine into regular ones, as we all know the silly ones were....silly.
And apparently caused some people some butthurt. lol.

Pylon Pythons vs Deez Nuts 2.0 - We just played both of these teams back to back last weekend. If Marquis isn't subbing for Deez Nuts again, I think Pylon Pythons have the edge athletically, and they like to play a little dirty. However DZ has the experience. We stomped PP and barely beat DZ, but thats a weak way to judge because we were all exhausted for the 3rd game. I think Deez Nuts will come out on top. DZ 17-6.

Mythological vs Aluminum Curtain - AC remains the only team to beat us, but it was the first game. Mythological has the players and experience to be really good but haven't played well lately. Im gonna give Mike, Jeff, and the rest of Mythological the nod. Myth 20-12.

Maximum Effort vs Project Mayhem - Pretty easy pick here. ME 34-0.

Corn State Warriors vs Multiple Scoregasms
- MS didnt show up last week. No idea who is on CSW but I don't like MS as a team so CSW - 12-7.

New Speed vs No Ragrets - Oooh this should be a good game. No Regrets almost got knocked off their throne by an A team last week. New speed has the potential definitely, it should come down to which team can limit mistakes. I gotta choose the unbeaten team though, because mathematics and science. No Ragrets - 18-14.

Squaad vs Donkey Punch Mafia - No offense Ahmad, but I am thinking you guys are gonna have your work cut out for you. DPM 20-14.

Backyard Legends vs Kekambas - BYL has the better record, and seemingly the better talent. Convincing wins against New Speed and Pho Real whereas Kekambas lost to two A teams. BYL 24-10.

NFL Legends vs X factor - X factor won't be able to handle NFL Legends rush. NFL 31-13.

Legion of Boom vs SGI 30
- SGI lost to BMS.. lol. They may be in the wrong league, maybe it was an off game. LoB 28-6.

JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA vs Thunder Bunnies - Should be a pretty winnable game for TB to close out the season. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but TB needs Man Hands to Lose and they need to win this to get the #1 seed since they've lost to Man Hands twice? They better close this out. Thunder Bunnies 31-21.

Dirty 7 vs BMS Mountain Goats - BMS is in 3rd place despite getting quite lucky throughout the season in my opinion lol. Gonna go with Dirty 7 here, they're a long proven team: D7 26-14.

Scrub Club vs Always Balls Deep - Not sure how to predict this. Darrell and Alex are good athletes, but they said their other teams game may conflict. Last week they got beat 54-3 with those two. If they can't make it this week, this might be a breeze of a season finale. If they can make it, it should be a good competitive game. It really doesn't matter, we could not show up and still have the #1 seed locked up. I'll err in the middle and say ABD 19-12.

Lincoln Stars vs LI stacked
- LI Stacked just can't seem to put everything together despite having the athleticism. Lincoln Stars has played well and is on a 4 game winning streak. I think I'm gonna have to give Lincoln Stars the benefit of the doubt. LS 24-13.

Blackshirts vs Back that pass up - BTPU tied for lowest points put on Project Mayhem.. if that is something you can meaningfully gain a measure of a team off of :lol: . Blackshirts are up and down, but have been shut out pretty badly twice now. Hard to call. I'll say..... idk. Blackshirts 19-18.

Man Hands vs Pho Real - Pho Real has gone on a 4 game skid... but 2 of those were competitive teams. (one was a B team :D ). Man Hands has really hit their stride but only pulled off a 1 point win against Pho last matchup... This should be a close and competitive game! - MH 28-24.

Juke Skywalkers vs Pup'N'Suds - PnS has seemingly had a really great offensive season, minus the one game they got blanked by us. Not sure if that was an exception of if they're just getting really lucky with their scheduling, as they havn't played Myth, NFL legends, DPM, and Scrub Clubs two best guys weren't there. Juke Skywalkers hasn't shown us anything special though. I think PnS will take this. PnS 28-13.

Post subject: Re: Albers Week 9 Predictions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:25 pm 
If our team shows up we aren't too bad...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:37 pm 
Solid predictions. No Regrets vs New Speed (Prestige Worldwide) should be one of the best matchups of the season and I'm looking forward to it. It will most likely be a warmup game for the comp championship in a few weeks unless one of our teams blows it in the playoffs.

As for A league, Man Hands is still the team to beat. Even if they lose this week IMO they still deserve the 1 seed since they beat us twice. We (Thunder Bunnies) will beat them when it counts though :)

For B, your ABD team still definitely looks like the team to beat. Granted I haven't seen every B team play (just mainly the top half in the standings), but ABD looks like the best team in B from top to bottom of the roster. However, there's a couple teams that I think have a good shot to win it:

Pup N Suds - they have some pretty solid players, but if Mike isn't there to play QB for them they're screwed. I know he usually has drill every year around the Spring Playoff time, so if he isn't there they are in trouble, but if he's there they have a decent chance at winning B.

NFL Legends - this team and ABD probably have the most well rounded B teams top to bottom IMO. Johnny always fields a solid team and I'm hoping he can get himself two championships this Spring (New Speed being most important)

DPM - Their QB is honestly one of the better QBs in the entire league. Whatever his name is balls out and carries that team on offense. Idk if that's enough could win a championship, but they're kind of my darkhorse to win B.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:02 pm 
I think there is a decent chance of us ending up the #1 seed. I know Corey is hungry for that win.

ABD is the team to beat, but Pup N Suds were a new team to start the season and they've come a long way. Lots of talent on that team. They actually have a lot of decent guys who can play QB lol. But to beat ABD Mike will need to be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:39 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:
I think there is a decent chance of us ending up the #1 seed. I know Corey is hungry for that win.

ABD is the team to beat, but Pup N Suds were a new team to start the season and they've come a long way. Lots of talent on that team. They actually have a lot of decent guys who can play QB lol. But to beat ABD Mike will need to be there.

We've pretty much played every top B team and honestly NFL Legends was probably the hardest W for us, especially with that pass rush.
Even with Mike I'm not too worried about Pup N Suds they didn't show us much when we played them, but you can never count Mike out he's a helluva qb.
DPM scares the shit out of me too, ik they're extremely talented and the only time I've ever played them (last spring) I threw like 5 ints, granted it was wet as hell out like it was all last spring but that left a bad taste in my mouth
I'm hoping for some fun playoffs and another ship!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:02 pm 
Depending on how the brackets look, I'd bet we see NFL Legends in the Ship.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:14 pm 
adamcnfr44 wrote:
Hladik-TB wrote:

We've pretty much played every top B team and honestly NFL Legends was probably the hardest W for us, especially with that pass rush.
Even with Mike I'm not too worried about Pup N Suds they didn't show us much when we played them, but you can never count Mike out he's a helluva qb.
DPM scares the shit out of me too, ik they're extremely talented and the only time I've ever played them (last spring) I threw like 5 ints, granted it was wet as hell out like it was all last spring but that left a bad taste in my mouth
I'm hoping for some fun playoffs and another ship!

Last spring was awful. It rained virtually every single Sunday and playing flag in the rain really isn't that enjoyable.

I think two of DPM's 3 losses are due to them not having a full team show up if I remember right. If they get their full team out there they usually look pretty impressive. B definitely has 3-5 teams that could win it IMO.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:34 pm 
I guess I just don't really see them making it far into playoffs. They got soundly beat by Blackshirts, who we spanked 30-0 lol. Anything is possible though!

I'm interested to see if Man Hands can take the ship. Honestly IMO, A is gonna have a more competitive bid for the Ship then B is. Like Adam said, the only team that I think legit gave us a run for our money was NFL legends. The 12-0 score doesn't tell all. It was pretty gridlocked until my crazy catch and Adams crazy scamper for TD's. But I think PHO, TB, and Man Hands are all very capable of beating each other.

As far as competitive, I assume it will be No Ragrets vs New Speed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:20 pm 
In A, the 1 and 2 seed don't really matter at this point. They both have first round byes. It's all going to come down to who wins the first round, especially since BMS is the 3 seed. Honestly, being the 2 seed would be better in my opinion because if pho real and BMS win the first round, I'd rather play BMS and in order for that to happen we would need to be the 2 seed. :lol: I hope that made sense!

On the other hand, it doesn't matter who we play! We just want No Ragrets again after we win the ship! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:06 am 
Last regular games of the seasons. Since DJ no longer does predictions, I will normalize mine into regular ones, as we all know the silly ones were....silly.
And apparently caused some people some butthurt. lol.

Pylon Pythons vs Deez Nuts 2.0 - We just played both of these teams back to back last weekend. If Marquis isn't subbing for Deez Nuts again, I think Pylon Pythons have the edge athletically, and they like to play a little dirty. However DZ has the experience. We stomped PP and barely beat DZ, but thats a weak way to judge because we were all exhausted for the 3rd game. I think Deez Nuts will come out on top. DZ 17-6.

Looks like PP bounced back after getting trounced last week. PP 34-12. Good work.

Mythological vs Aluminum Curtain - AC remains the only team to beat us, but it was the first game. Mythological has the players and experience to be really good but haven't played well lately. Im gonna give Mike, Jeff, and the rest of Mythological the nod. Myth 20-12.

Myth 31-20. Idk if anyone saw, but DJ put some wrong numbers in some wrong boxes, and it said Myth had like 130+ TDs this game. 319 points in the dragon award for the one guy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maximum Effort vs Project Mayhem - Pretty easy pick here. ME 34-0.

Pretty spot on, was 39-0 for ME. Ahmad was bragging about an awesome game... Ahmad it was Project Mayhem.. cmon now :lol:

Corn State Warriors vs Multiple Scoregasms - MS didnt show up last week. No idea who is on CSW but I don't like MS as a team so CSW - 12-7.

MS 19-7 :|

New Speed vs No Ragrets - Oooh this should be a good game. No Regrets almost got knocked off their throne by an A team last week. New speed has the potential definitely, it should come down to which team can limit mistakes. I gotta choose the unbeaten team though, because mathematics and science. No Ragrets - 18-14.

New Speed just wasn't fast enough to leave NR with ragrets. NR 21-12.

Squaad vs Donkey Punch Mafia - No offense Ahmad, but I am thinking you guys are gonna have your work cut out for you. DPM 20-14.

DPM 35-6. Ouchies

Backyard Legends vs Kekambas - BYL has the better record, and seemingly the better talent. Convincing wins against New Speed and Pho Real whereas Kekambas lost to two A teams. BYL 24-10.

BYL 20-13.

NFL Legends vs X factor - X factor won't be able to handle NFL Legends rush. NFL 31-13.

NFL 21-14. Closer then I thought itd be..

Legion of Boom vs SGI 30 - SGI lost to BMS.. lol. They may be in the wrong league, maybe it was an off game. LoB 28-6.

LOB 41-7. Daaaang.

JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA vs Thunder Bunnies - Should be a pretty winnable game for TB to close out the season. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but TB needs Man Hands to Lose and they need to win this to get the #1 seed since they've lost to Man Hands twice? They better close this out. Thunder Bunnies 31-21.

TB 20-13. Gonna have to play better if they want to "handle" man hands.

Dirty 7 vs BMS Mountain Goats - BMS is in 3rd place despite getting quite lucky throughout the season in my opinion lol. Gonna go with Dirty 7 here, they're a long proven team: D7 26-14.

D7 proved me real right, 27-19.

Scrub Club vs Always Balls Deep - Not sure how to predict this. Darrell and Alex are good athletes, but they said their other teams game may conflict. Last week they got beat 54-3 without those two. If they can't make it this week, this might be a breeze of a season finale. If they can make it, it should be a good competitive game. It really doesn't matter, we could not show up and still have the #1 seed locked up. I'll err in the middle and say ABD 19-12.

Alex and Darrel had to play their Dirty 7 game, so this game was a pretty big mismatch. Scrub club played hard though and were a very cool team. ABD 42-6.

Lincoln Stars vs LI stacked - LI Stacked just can't seem to put everything together despite having the athleticism. Lincoln Stars has played well and is on a 4 game winning streak. I think I'm gonna have to give Lincoln Stars the benefit of the doubt. LS 24-13.

LI 21-1. Looks like the "stars" couldn't be bothered to show up.

Blackshirts vs Back that pass up - BTPU tied for lowest points put on Project Mayhem.. if that is something you can meaningfully gain a measure of a team off of :lol: . Blackshirts are up and down, but have been shut out pretty badly twice now. Hard to call. I'll say..... idk. Blackshirts 19-18.

Man this was definitely a close game. Looks like Blackshirts pulled it off 14-12.

Man Hands vs Pho Real - Pho Real has gone on a 4 game skid... but 2 of those were competitive teams. (one was a B team :D ). Man Hands has really hit their stride but only pulled off a 1 point win against Pho last matchup... This should be a close and competitive game! - MH 28-24.

Man hands locks up the #1 seed in a convincing fashion, 31-14.

Juke Skywalkers vs Pup'N'Suds - PnS has seemingly had a really great offensive season, minus the one game they got blanked by us. Not sure if that was an exception of if they're just getting really lucky with their scheduling, as they havn't played Myth, NFL legends, DPM, and Scrub Clubs two best guys weren't there. Juke Skywalkers hasn't shown us anything special though. I think PnS will take this. PnS 28-13.[/quote]

PnS 40-13. Good work fellas, see ya again in playoffs ;)