Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Playoff Matchups
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 pm 
Right. We have always reserved the fall for family since our league is on Sundays. Also, my brother and I have always coached high school football so that has got in the way. We are going to try and play this next fall instead of softball, though!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:19 pm 
benmanley81 wrote:
Right. We have always reserved the fall for family since our league is on Sundays. Also, my brother and I have always coached high school football so that has got in the way. We are going to try and play this next fall instead of softball, though!

Ahh softball vs football is always a tough choice. Good thing most of the softball tournaments I play in are on Saturdays :). Football has always been reserved for Sundays, at least until I get too old and have to hang it up. Gotta take advantage of the few years I have left :lol:

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:20 pm 
Exactly! I think that is why we will play this next fall because my older brother Matt is falling apart and he wants to play as much as he can while he can. As for the rest of us, we will sacrifice for him I suppose!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:04 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
If you look at head to head new speed vs BYL both games combined we win 46 to 44. I don't like the points against being the first tie breaker. Should be record vs common opponents or something along those lines. Plus you lost to an intermediate team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:11 pm 

Team: Willy Faction
Player: 18
Plus u did play 4 games against intermediate teams. That's essentially like a bye.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:00 am 
mcwilly18 wrote:
Plus u did play 4 games against intermediate teams. That's essentially like a bye.

We have two more wins than you guys (obviously two more games played). Hypothetically if you guys played 2 more games there is no way you would shut out both teams, therefore giving us the two seed. Our teams played twice with us winning the first and you guys winning the second, therefore the 46-44 argument is pretty weak honestly.

You can't tell me a 5-3 record is better than a 7-3 record? In the MLB the team with the 7-3 record would be 1 game ahead of the 5-3 team because a win is a half of a game, which is fairly common in any sport. Why wouldn't teams just request to have bye weeks then when you could get a seed higher than a team simply bc you played two less games? We should have only played half a season so we could be 4-0 and get the one seed by that logic.

We played 3 A teams (which is not our fault due to the scheduling). We played Cena twice (for whatever reason and the time we lost we were missing either 3 or 4 of our guys including our QB, but yeah that's still no excuse) with one of our guys on that team despite us giving Wyatt a roster of all our players and who's on what team, and we played Pho who are hands down better than SGI and Kekambas. I'd even argue that Cena would beat SGI and Kekembas could go either way.

Playing less games shouldn't be an advantage, and that's why Power Rankings are there to account for that. In the Power Rankings we're above you guys by over 1000 points (which takes into account Point Diff, W/L, SOS, and games played). If our schedule was so weak, why are we significantly ahead of you guys in PR?

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:11 am 
It's close to the same situation in A with Pho Real. I don't think anyone in A would argue that Pho deserves the 3 seed.... They have one more win (and one more loss) than D7 or BMS, but have also had probably the hardest schedule in the league, which is why in the Power Rankings they are the 3 seed.

Also, the gap between A and Comp really isn't existent, especially for the top A teams. Man Hands, Pho, and TB could all play in comp and would all have potential to make it to the ship. I don't see how playing A teams is "essentially a bye" when SGI and Kekembas have been guaranteed wins for everyone in comp this season (SGI's two wins are a B team and Kekembas, not sure who Kekembas one win is against).

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:33 am 

Team: The boys
Player: 9
Tyler we also played Lincoln stars (currently a B team that's how he got 4)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:28 am 
Alexmastel wrote:
Tyler we also played Lincoln stars (currently a B team that's how he got 4)

They played Lincoln Stars as well in week 2, so that can't really be a good argument. They also played LOB and lost to them, while we played LOB twice and beat them both times, soooooo....

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:07 pm 
My argument is any team that loses to John Cena doesn't deserve a 2 or 3 seed! :lol:
I get what you are saying, man hands TB and PR could be comp but unfortunately you guys didn't play those A teams. I don't really care because I'm in INt A so as the 1 seed I really really think Pho Real should be the 3 seed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next