Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Albers Week 8 Predictions
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:40 am 
Burntz wrote:
I say something when something needs said. I didn't blow a gasket about the guys flag. I told the ref he was missing one. I didn't say call a penalty, I said why are we stopping the play and game clock for him to grab it. No-one has ever stopped the game clock for us when that happens. Our guy will exit, grab it, and come back in next play if he can't get it in time or we will call a timeout so that we don't get the penalty. But I guess if you're winning, the rules can be bent for the other team right? :roll:

I had a few drops that were 100% my fault. I made peace with that. And me throwing a pick? lmao. We all knew that'd probably happen. I'm an awful QB, but we were up alot so why not. I was pissed when I got shoved down from behind in the end-zone. In regular football, that would have been an absolute perfect play because he timed it exactly as the ball was hitting my hands. But this is a non contact league, so I'm not sure how that is allowed? He was beat and Adam put the ball in the right spot so that's all he could do. And then he goes and brags about it on the sideline. He knew it was wrong, we knew it was wrong, apparently only you two refs didn't know it was wrong. There was also a deep ball where the guy had his back to the ball and his arms in my face as I tried to make a catch. But nope, guess that isn't pass interference either.

I don't give a shit if you like me or not, keep it off the field. If you can't ref without bias, don't fucking ref.

There was no bias. If you're talking about the out route you ran in the endzone where the guy broke it up, you do realize that was right in front of Raul and I was on the complete opposite side of the field, right? How is that my call when I'm 40 yards away and it's 5 yards in front of the other ref?

The team you guys were playing obviously wasn't going to win, so yes some calls are situational (such as when the grass is a foot long and one guy is clearly looking for his flag but can't find it bc the grass is too long). The clock stopped for literally 10 seconds (keep in mind its 21-0 with about 5 min left in the game, so the games basically over). I'm sorry if you took that as the league is out to get you as always, but that's not the case. I'm going to cut any team a little slack on a play like that when they clearly aren't going to win, and the rest of your team except you told me numerous times it was the right decision in that situation.

As for "non-contact league", yes it's supposed to be non-contact, but at the end of the day it's still football in many aspects. There is going to be some physicality in the play and it's completely naive to think that there won't be. When we play those Manley's every time we are faster than them, but they make up for it by being more physical, and when you play them you know the game will be that way. You just accept it and play the game, and not complain every single pass play that doesn't go your way.

As for me not liking you, I don't mind you outside of football. I just think in football you get way too carried away. To think I was biased against your team is delusional, especially considering I'm good friends with your QB and captain of your team.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:41 am 
You said on that one deep ball the defender had his back to the ball and hands in the air. That is not a penalty. I'm not talking about anything else, I wasn't there. Just letting you know face guarding isn't a flag.

That's as much of a flag as Corey's hip movement!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:44 am 
Agreed Tpaulsen. Our games do get physical but it is never out of control. There is a mutual respect between us I think. Nobody knows physicality on jump balls like we do and it's a tough call most the time for the refs. So ABD needs to pocket his excuses!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:01 am 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
Burntz wrote:
I say something when something needs said. I didn't blow a gasket about the guys flag. I told the ref he was missing one. I didn't say call a penalty, I said why are we stopping the play and game clock for him to grab it. No-one has ever stopped the game clock for us when that happens. Our guy will exit, grab it, and come back in next play if he can't get it in time or we will call a timeout so that we don't get the penalty. But I guess if you're winning, the rules can be bent for the other team right? :roll:

I had a few drops that were 100% my fault. I made peace with that. And me throwing a pick? lmao. We all knew that'd probably happen. I'm an awful QB, but we were up alot so why not. I was pissed when I got shoved down from behind in the end-zone. In regular football, that would have been an absolute perfect play because he timed it exactly as the ball was hitting my hands. But this is a non contact league, so I'm not sure how that is allowed? He was beat and Adam put the ball in the right spot so that's all he could do. And then he goes and brags about it on the sideline. He knew it was wrong, we knew it was wrong, apparently only you two refs didn't know it was wrong. There was also a deep ball where the guy had his back to the ball and his arms in my face as I tried to make a catch. But nope, guess that isn't pass interference either.

I don't give a shit if you like me or not, keep it off the field. If you can't ref without bias, don't fucking ref.

There was no bias. If you're talking about the out route you ran in the endzone where the guy broke it up, you do realize that was right in front of Raul and I was on the complete opposite side of the field, right? How is that my call when I'm 40 yards away and it's 5 yards in front of the other ref?

The team you guys were playing obviously wasn't going to win, so yes some calls are situational (such as when the grass is a foot long and one guy is clearly looking for his flag but can't find it bc the grass is too long). The clock stopped for literally 10 seconds (keep in mind its 21-0 with about 5 min left in the game, so the games basically over). I'm sorry if you took that as the league is out to get you as always, but that's not the case. I'm going to cut any team a little slack on a play like that when they clearly aren't going to win, and the rest of your team except you told me numerous times it was the right decision in that situation.

As for "non-contact league", yes it's supposed to be non-contact, but at the end of the day it's still football in many aspects. There is going to be some physicality in the play and it's completely naive to think that there won't be. When we play those Manley's every time we are faster than them, but they make up for it by being more physical, and when you play them you know the game will be that way. You just accept it and play the game, and not complain every single pass play that doesn't go your way.

As for me not liking you, I don't mind you outside of football. I just think in football you get way too carried away. To think I was biased against your team is delusional, especially considering I'm good friends with your QB and captain of your team.

Yes I know you were clear on the other side of the field. I didn't say anything to you, I said something to him. He was right there and the penalty was as obvious as Caitlyn Jenner being a dude. But you're sitting here defending it like it was fine.

Did I really give a shit about the guy having extra time to grab his flag after the fact? No. If I would have seen it I would have grabbed it for him like I usually do. I just saw him running back to the huddle without one so I told Raul. I get caught up in the moment and don't think about it being the end of the game and us up 21-0. Its play by play to me. I was irritated because if you're going to have rules, they should be rules... not bent "if its not a big deal". Thats just my philosophy. Its called fairness. We get called on just about everything, and I feel like alot of calls dont get called on opposing teams because "you're winning anyway". No, thats not what we pay you to do. We pay you to ref fairly, and consistently. I'd probably care alot less if you weren't making much to ref. But you're making $20 for an hour. Thats a damn good wage. So you should be doing a damn good job.