Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Albers Week 7 Predictions
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:43 am 
Probably will do a serious prediction this week as DJ is failing us and I'm too tired to be creative at the moment. Need more coffee :shock:
Wish I knew more about alot of these teams.

Multiple scoregasms vs Donkey Punch Mafia - DPM just annhilated Project Mayhem yet lost to the blackshirts. They seem to be up and down. MS hasn't shown anything that impressive this year, but they played PnS real close. They also spread the ball out alot more compared to DPM primarily targeting two receivers. This can be both an advantage or disadvantage depending on how its played. MS seems to have a very weak pass rush which is probably what hurts them. DPM is a bit better at the rush but nothing special. Both teams have played 1 top team, both teams lost. It will probably be a close game, i'll give MS the nod, 20-18.

X factor vs Deez Nuts 2.0 - Neither team has shown they can do much, but DZ seems to score more points on average. DZN: 21-14

Multiple scoregasms vs Always Balls Deep - ABD currently leading B and just beat Pho in A(without Corey) as well as the other top teams in B. MS will have already played a game and will be a bit tired. Shouldn't be any surprises here. ABD 35-14.

Mythological vs Corn State Warriors - Mythological looks to be playing well lately, but Corn State has beat the one team they lost to. I'll give Myth the pick 21-7.

Maximum Effort vs NFL Legends - This should be a good game. Ahmad is hard to cover, but NFL's D line is relentless. ME's QB already has a problem with throwing picks, and as a "primary running" team, they will be in trouble as johnny and marquis won't let him get far. ME's one hope is that they can throw up balls and hope Ahmad can post up and bring them down time and time again. NFL Legends - 19-6.

Blackshirts vs LI stacked - LI Stacked just seems to have a hard timing winning, despite being quite athletic and usually having a decent defense. Blackshirts is up and down. Getting shut out one game and shutting someone out the next. This is hard to pick, but Ill give Blackshirts the benefit of the doubt, 20-13.

Legion of Boom vs Dirty 7 - Mediocre Competitive vs lower half of A team. Sorry Dirty 7 but you're the underdogs, make A league proud. LoB 35-14.

Thunder Bunnies vs Kekamba - Lower Competitive vs Top of A. We all know TB should be in competitive league, and Kekambas hasn't been playing well. This won't even be an "upset" in my opinion. TB 27-10.

New Speed vs JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA - Not even a fair matchup as far as cross leagues go. New Speed 42-7.

BMS Mountain Goats vs No Ragrets - Also not even fair. If no-one can beat No Ragrets in Comp, what chance does Alex Moran and Thad Castle have? Poor guys. NR - 38-6

Pho Real vs Backyard Legends - This could actually be a great cross league game. Pho is quite potent when Corey is at QB, but BYL holds their own in Competitive. I think it will be really close.. I'll give the underdog Pho a vote of confidence: 31-30.

Juke Skywalkers vs Lincoln Stars - LS is 3-3 despite being outscored by 88 points :lol: . I think they'll take this game though, Juke has shown somewhat poorly this season. LS 13-6.

Man Hands vs SGI 30 - Man Hands should obviously be in competitive as well, so them playing the worst team in Comp isnt even all that exciting. MH 31-13.

Scrub Club vs Aluminum Curtain - Scrub club has played pretty well, but Aluminum Curtain has some play makers on their team. I think this will come down to whichever team has a better day out of their QB. Definitely a hard pick. I'll go Scrub Club 14-13.

Project Mayhem vs Pup'N'Suds - Well this is just kind of stupid. Pups N' Suds has the most points scored this year so far in B(as well as a damn easy schedule besides getting shut out by us). Lets throw them a game against a team who has given up an insane 227 points while only scoring 18. Mad respect to Project Mayhem if they show up and try. PnS 56-0.

Pylon Pythons vs Back that pass up - Idk if PP brought in a ringer QB last week or what, they actually posted some decent points. BTPU doesn't seem to have any wow factors. I think it'll be a close game. PP 18-13.

Squaad vs Back that pass up - They will probably be a bit tired from already playing a game, but who knows of Squaad will even show up? BTPU 21-1.

Post subject: Re: Albers Week 7 Predictions
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:22 pm 
I'm gonna be extra hungry this Sunday

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:47 pm 
ohrly? best get some sushi

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:03 pm 
I play for ME now, you may have to change your prediction :o

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:11 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:
I play for ME now, you may have to change your prediction :o

Quote:
Maximum Effort vs NFL Legends - This should be a good game. Ahmad is hard to cover, but NFL's D line is relentless. ME's QB already has a problem with throwing picks, and as a "primary running" team, they will be in trouble as johnny and marquis won't let him get far. ME's one hope is that they can throw up balls and hope Ahmad can post up and bring them down time and time again. DJ will inevitably screw things up though. NFL Legends - 56-6.

fixed.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:38 am 
Multiple scoregasms vs Donkey Punch Mafia - DPM just annhilated Project Mayhem yet lost to the blackshirts. They seem to be up and down. MS hasn't shown anything that impressive this year, but they played PnS real close. They also spread the ball out alot more compared to DPM primarily targeting two receivers. This can be both an advantage or disadvantage depending on how its played. MS seems to have a very weak pass rush which is probably what hurts them. DPM is a bit better at the rush but nothing special. Both teams have played 1 top team, both teams lost. It will probably be a close game, i'll give MS the nod, 20-18.

DPM didnt show. MS won 21-1. Correct.

X factor vs Deez Nuts 2.0 - Neither team has shown they can do much, but DZ seems to score more points on average. DZN: 21-14

Way wrong, X factor won 26-6

Multiple scoregasms vs Always Balls Deep - ABD currently leading B and just beat Pho in A(without Corey) as well as the other top teams in B. MS will have already played a game and will be a bit tired. Shouldn't be any surprises here. ABD 35-14.

- What a clusterfuck of a game. Most of our team was hungover as crap and on little sleep. We easily played the worst game of the season missing tackles, dropping picks etc. Didn't help that the refs didnt know wtf was going on most of the game. We tied the game with under a minute left and pulled out the win in OT. ABD 13-6. Correct.

Mythological vs Corn State Warriors - Mythological looks to be playing well lately, but Corn State has beat the one team they lost to. I'll give Myth the pick 21-7.

I really thought Mythological would have this. Incorrect. CSW 9-0.

Maximum Effort vs NFL Legends - This should be a good game. Ahmad is hard to cover, but NFL's D line is relentless. ME's QB already has a problem with throwing picks, and as a "primary running" team, they will be in trouble as johnny and marquis won't let him get far. ME's one hope is that they can throw up balls and hope Ahmad can post up and bring them down time and time again. NFL Legends - 19-6.

Pretty spot on with the prediction. NFL 23-6. Ahmad must not have been that hungry ;) - Correct

Blackshirts vs LI stacked - LI Stacked just seems to have a hard timing winning, despite being quite athletic and usually having a decent defense. Blackshirts is up and down. Getting shut out one game and shutting someone out the next. This is hard to pick, but Ill give Blackshirts the benefit of the doubt, 20-13.

This caught me off guard. LI brought their A game it seems. LI 31-0. - Incorrect

Legion of Boom vs Dirty 7 - Mediocre Competitive vs lower half of A team. Sorry Dirty 7 but you're the underdogs, make A league proud. LoB 35-14.

Not far off, LOB with the win 34-6. - Correct

Thunder Bunnies vs Kekamba - Lower Competitive vs Top of A. We all know TB should be in competitive league, and Kekambas hasn't been playing well. This won't even be an "upset" in my opinion. TB 27-10.

TB 19-13. Yap. - Correct.

New Speed vs JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA - Not even a fair matchup as far as cross leagues go. New Speed 42-7.

Probably my worst prediction so far, but who would blame me? I dont think anyone thought John Cena would pull that off. JC 16-13 :shock: - Incorrect

BMS Mountain Goats vs No Ragrets - Also not even fair. If no-one can beat No Ragrets in Comp, what chance does Alex Moran and Thad Castle have? Poor guys. NR - 38-6

BMS didnt even show up :lol: NR 21-1 - correct.

Pho Real vs Backyard Legends - This could actually be a great cross league game. Pho is quite potent when Corey is at QB, but BYL holds their own in Competitive. I think it will be really close.. I'll give the underdog Pho a vote of confidence: 31-30.

My confidence was misplaced. BYL 25-13. - Incorrect.

Juke Skywalkers vs Lincoln Stars - LS is 3-3 despite being outscored by 88 points :lol: . I think they'll take this game though, Juke has shown somewhat poorly this season. LS 13-6.

Damnit. Wrong again. JS wins 21-19. - Incorrect.

Man Hands vs SGI 30 - Man Hands should obviously be in competitive as well, so them playing the worst team in Comp isnt even all that exciting. MH 31-13.

uh... will update. This game doesn't have the score entered yet?

Scrub Club vs Aluminum Curtain - Scrub club has played pretty well, but Aluminum Curtain has some play makers on their team. I think this will come down to whichever team has a better day out of their QB. Definitely a hard pick. I'll go Scrub Club 14-13.

Higher scoring then predicted but still close and Scrub Club won it 26-24. - Correct.

Project Mayhem vs Pup'N'Suds - Well this is just kind of stupid. Pups N' Suds has the most points scored this year so far in B(as well as a damn easy schedule besides getting shut out by us). Lets throw them a game against a team who has given up an insane 227 points while only scoring 18. Mad respect to Project Mayhem if they show up and try. PnS 56-0.

Well mad respect to Project Mayhem, and they only gave up 40 points this time :lol: PnS 40-0. - Correct.

Pylon Pythons vs Back that pass up - Idk if PP brought in a ringer QB last week or what, they actually posted some decent points. BTPU doesn't seem to have any wow factors. I think it'll be a close game. PP 18-13.

Good points scored again. PP 33-13. - Correct

Squaad vs Back that pass up - They will probably be a bit tired from already playing a game, but who knows of Squaad will even show up? BTPU 21-1.

Well squaad showed up, but squaad lost 20-13. - Correct.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:57 am 
We ended up playing Pho Real and won by 1 in OT. Great game with some great plays by both teams!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:17 am 
Very good game. Just going back and forth. We will see you guys again....with Corey

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:38 am 
I can only catch the passes thrown my way. I took away your Dragon award lead tho haha

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:49 am 
LiemD wrote:
Very good game. Just going back and forth. We will see you guys again....with Corey

Yes that was such a fun game and you are quite the QB! We will see you again.... With Matt at WR too! Boom!