Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's Week 5 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:26 am 
No Ragrets vs Legion of Boom – Assuming Kevin won’t be there, but Preston will, this will still end up to be a good game, but the equalizer is Corey here. LOB matches up fairly well with No Ragrets, but Corey is too good at picking apart a defense like LOB. It’ll probably start out fairly close but a couple late scores will make it look lopsided. NR 26-12

X factor vs Multiple scoregasms – Technically X Factor’s QB should have been on suspension last week, due to the rain it then should be pushed to this week, but we’ll consider it time served since it’s his fault it rained last week. He’ll be under probation though and on thin ice. This should be a good game, both teams are experience, both teams have a somewhat similar style play. I think MS is more athletic and will have to prove it this week or they’ll drop out of the top 5. 18-10

Kekambas vs SGI 30 – This will be an interesting game to decide who is 5th and 6th in the division. I’ve kept SGI at #5 simply for Nick being on the roster really. But he’ll have to start showing up to games to be eligible for playoffs. In this match up, Kekambas from week 4 vs SGI from week 4 means that Kekambas should win. I’m having to assume SGI’s leadership/talent is going to start showing up at some point.. Maybe this week? SGI 7-6

Deez Nuts 2.0 vs Maximum Effort – This is a fairly close match up. ME is pretty good this season, but the last 4 games have been separated by 9 points leaving them 1-3. A couple against some good teams, a couple against middle of the pack teams. So it’s hard to gage exactly how good they are, and same goes for DN.. These teams would be #6-8 if I did predictions that far down. DN has more talent overall, as ME only has a few guys with talent, but they find ways to win. I really don’t know how to predict this one, but I’ll flip a coin. Tails, ME 12-11

Backyard Legends vs New Speed – Last time these two met up NS was able to win, but it was a tough fought game. Somehow they have been able to keep their undefeated record, but they have been able to skip playing No Ragrets and then play BYL twice now? However I think as BYL has been learning and actually progressing, I think they will be able to win this time. The problem with BYL is they really only use one WR (Skull Cap 82), when their best WR goes un-used at center (Hugh 31). They need to switch someone else to center to use Hugh for more deep balls. I also think Joe’s WRs are better on his A team than on his Comp team. But all said and done, Joe’s a great QB and he’s use to facing a great rush, he’s going to be the difference maker here. BYL 18-14

Mythological vs NFL Legends – In reality I feel Mythological should be undefeated had they been able to play Deez Nutz with 7 (more specifically if they would have just had Mike). This will end up being a really close game, I’m not 100% sure how it will end up. The problem is that although NFL will utilize their line more which will end up opening up the field more, Mike has a knack for getting tackles for short gains. It really depends on how Johnny plays. If there is some misdirection to specifically draw the line/linebackers over and then dumb to the other side, their line has enough speed that they should be able to get chunks of 10-15 yards. Myth will keep it close, but NFL should win this based on talent. NFL 22-18

Dirty 7 vs Thunder Bunnies – Meet Thunder Bunnies only loss thus far over the last two seasons. Losing the game by only 1 point. D7 has had a rough start to the season, losing a huge come from behind lose to John Cena, having a good win vs Man Hands, but then getting stomped pretty hard their last two games. However quite a hard schedule of playing Pho Real, then Man Hands, then Thunder Bunnies. This game is going to come down to turn overs because both defenses are top notch. For me it’s pretty apparent when you look at the stats. Mike has thrown 5 interceptions, while D7s defense has taken away 7 for a total of 12. Alex has thrown 8 so far while TB’s defense has taken away 14 for a total of 22. D7 is -1 in the turn over department while TB is +9. Those are hard stats to ignore. But Alex seems to play his best when they are the under dogs, can’t wait for this game! TB 28-6

Corn State Warriors vs Aluminum Curtain – This is going to be a great game surprisingly, both teams are currently middle of the pack B teams. But CSW has a huge win last week, and Aluminum Curtain is getting better every week and fast. AC’s points for/allowed are a little skewed because they got beat up pretty bad vs Pup n Suds and Donkey Punch Mafia. These two teams are pretty evenly matched up, both QBs throw quite a bit of INTs, but Aluminum Curtain takes away more. It’ll come down to who is going to turn it over less. My gut has been saying AC, so I’m going that route. AC 20-14

Man Hands vs Thunder Bunnies – My game of the week! The two tallest teams in average height in the league in any division. This is going to be quite the game, both teams have thrown for 15 touchdowns, both teams have 830 yards in offense, one team does it by huge deep passes (Man Hands) the other chunks away until they get the match up the way (Thunder Bunnies). Although Man Hands have used 3/4 different QBs, they have only thrown a total of 3 interceptions, and now that they have switched to Joe full time, that number isn’t going to change a whole lot through the rest of the season. The match up is really going to come down to, can the TB defense turn the deep balls into takeaways. Because a tipped ball vs Man Hands 90% of the time ends up for a MH touchdown. MH hasn’t had to play a defense that has been able to match up with them like this for a few seasons, it’ll be interested to see how it turns out! TB 18-12

Juke Skywalkers vs Blackshirts – This is actually going to be a good game as Blackshirts without Zach are a ‘meh’ team but Juke Skywalkers are overall fairly good this season. But it comes down to Zach, can they limit how much he’s able to get out of the pocket? Can they apply heavy pressure? It depends on how much they can keep Zach off balance to if they can win this or not. I’m still a closest Juke Skywalkers fan, they’re really cool guys and they have made a huge improvement from last season, glad they came back! Average talent goes to Blackshirts simply because of Zach, but I think Juke Skywalkers will be to eliminate that if they focus on a game plan specifically too target him. JS 14-3

Pho Real vs Squaad – Squaad didn’t have a good week 4, and got pretty lucky with a rain day making the skip their match up with Man Hands. But they go from play #1, a bye vs #3, to having to play #2… Not a fun stretch. I really don’t have a lot to say, the inexperience for some of the Squaad players will be their downfall as PR has multiple different offenses they aren’t use to and will end up with plenty of opportunities for matchups in their favor. PR 34-6

LI stacked vs Project Mayhem – As I’ve said before, LI Stacked is better than their record, however they have two different QBs, I never know who is going to be playing. This week it won’t really matter. They have a great defense, and they should have chances to turn turnovers into points. LI 12-0

JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA vs BMS Mountain Goats – Battle between #4 vs #5. Both QBs are pretty good, BMS just has more experience, but John Cena has more overall talent. Aaron has been learning and should be able to use his speed to open up the field. He needs to learn to use his speed though to open up the field but then plant his feet to make accurate throws, instead of these on the run across the body throws. If he can slow down his game they should win, and I think this is the perfect week to start getting things figured out. JC 13-12

Back that pass up vs Lincoln Stars –So again the question is, will the Lincoln Stars show up? If they show up they probably win, if they don’t, they… don’t? I’m assuming they’ll show up, but my gut is telling me that there is a possibility they don’t, and on top of that the possibility they lose anyways… So. BTPU 14-0

Scrub Club vs Donkey Punch Mafia – I’m again not sure how to pick this one. At the beginning of the season I would have said DPM… But as the season is progressing, DPM isn’t looking all that great. It may be because they’re center/good dlinemen has been out with a broken arm. I’m going to go with them anyways because I think they’re QB is that good, and they overall have more talent. DPM 24-14

Pylon Pythons vs LI stacked – I’m going with LI getting their first win this season vs Project Mayhem, then Pylon Pythons getting their first win this week. They really stalled on offense last week, but showed they have a good defense and talent with a huge interception for TD last week. They will need to figure out their offense this week against a good defense though. Teams like this I always recommend on thing, short dump offs to the line will start opening up the field and start slowing down the rush. PP 7-0

Always Balls Deep vs Pup'N'Suds - Always Balls Deep vs Pup'N'Suds – This is an interesting match up. In reality Pup’N’Suds hasn’t played anyone that good really. They barely beat LI Stacked, however, LI Stacked is underperforming in the win/loss columns. ABD has definitely had the tougher schedule. I’m not sure how this one will go because Pup’N’Suds definitely has the athletes, they just aren’t nearly as experience. I think how their gameplan is set up that it should work well against the hard rush of ABD. But this game is really going to come down to how much they can slow down Goose. Because screw Albers I’m going to pick PNS. PNS 18-16

Copied from last week –
Prediction Record
This week - 13-3
Overall Record – 38-10

TOP 5 POWER RANKINGS
POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
Things played out as expected, no changes.
1. (NA) No Ragrets –
2. (NA) New Speed –
3. (NA) Legion of Boom –
4. (NA) Backyard Legends –
5. (NA) SGI 30 –

INT A Standings –
1. (NA) Thunder Bunnies – Yap…
2. (NA) Pho Real – Yup..
3. (NA) Man Hands – I told you that even though D7 beat them the prior meeting, it was going to change this week with Joe at QB.
4. (NA) Dirty 7 – 1-3 and in Fourth Place… Geeze
5. (NA) JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA – This position was a tough one, but since I had John Ceeennnaaaaaa here already I didn’t feel like changing it to BMS.

INT B Standings –
1. (NA) Pup’N’Suds – Well they finally get their first tough game this week vs ABD. They keep winning though.
2. (+2) Always Balls Deep – They still suck, and they haven’t shut me up.
3. (+3) Mythological – They’re only loss was without Mike and I knew it was a fluke and I still didn’t put them in the top 5. Here I make up for that.
4. (-2) Multiple Scoregasms – It wasn’t pretty but they got the job done, and they’re still undefeated.
5. (NA) NFL Legends – I didn’t move them up even though I dropped off DPM. I think Myth has the edge.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's Week 5 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:09 pm 
Picking our team (New Speed not TB) to lose again huh? Respeck our name!

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:20 pm 
Prestige Worldwide or New Speed or Cum Guzzlers?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:12 pm 
Can't wait to play you guys. Should be a fun game! is Tyrance on TB?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm 
Yup!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:48 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:
Prestige Worldwide or New Speed or Cum Guzzlers?

We're a team of many names (undefeated being one of them ;) ). Alex is the only Cum Guzzler on the team though.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:34 pm 

Team: The boys
Player: 9
Can't wait to give those butt buddies oh sorry "Thunder bunnies" their first loss.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:11 am 
As far as the games go on 5/15- Why are we playing D7 for a 3rd time when there are still 3 teams we have not played?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:07 pm 
You'd have to email the league, I don't do the scheduling.
Do you guys have a requirement on when you guys play?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:09 pm 
Actually looking at it, it only seems like that because of the rain out and missing a double header. You guys have only not played 2 teams (since you're playing us this weekend).