Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Albers Week 5 Predictions
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:11 pm 
How were the fields today?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:12 pm 
Are Lincoln games cancelled too?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:22 am 
Quote:
Always Balls Deep vs Pup'N'Suds – Highlight game in B from the top 2 ranked teams. I'll spare you all my prediction for our own team this time :lol: , but goose will be back and we'll be ready to rock. ABD - 20-6.

Pretty much everyone's scheduled changed except ours, so this is the only game I can revisit lol. My score prediction was very close. Acon had a great game with 148 passer rating, Grant had 3 TD catches, and I had 2 interceptions to put this game away 19-0 ABD.

We're now top of B, and since Aluminum Curtain no showed their game, I'm now way out in front for the Dragon Award ;)
We've also only allowed 7 points in the last 4 games (3 shutouts) and have the least points allowed in all of the NFFL.
Our game next Sunday against Pho Real should be a good game!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:56 am 
Wow, great job you have 9 catches and 200 yards. Woo Hoo. Your combined opponent record in the last 4 games is 11-9.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:46 am 
Only 9 catches yes, for 7 TD's. Who cares how many receptions or yards I have if we're winning. It was enough that Pups N' Suds had me double covered literally the entire game.

And 2 of those games were "the best teams in B league" when we played them, and neither scored against us.

Plus NFL legends didnt show for their game this weekend, they would have won that quite easily.

Btw, congrats on the win against Thunder Bunnies.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:00 am 
The only reason I brought up stats is because your part about being atop the Dragon Award was obnoxious and definitely not "team" oriented. Yeah, your good win is Pup-N-Suds but I don't know anything about other teams. Also, overall TD's aren't the only thing that matters. You can have 30 catches and 0 TD's and that'd be better than 7 catches for 7 TD's.

And thank you. It was a very competitive game! They are a good team.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:48 am 
benmanley81 wrote:
The only reason I brought up stats is because your part about being atop the Dragon Award was obnoxious and definitely not "team" oriented. Yeah, your good win is Pup-N-Suds but I don't know anything about other teams. Also, overall TD's aren't the only thing that matters. You can have 30 catches and 0 TD's and that'd be better than 7 catches for 7 TD's.

That was by far the most fun game I've played in A this season and I'm sure we will see you guys again either in the regular season or playoffs.

Joe played his ass off yesterday and gave both the teams I'm on our first loss :cry: . Almost every deep ball he threw yesterday was perfect. The first one I was running right next to (Matt I think his name is?) and he arced that ball in there perfectly. You couldn't have handed the ball to him any better haha.

Great game though! You know it's going to be pretty tough to beat us twice though right? :)

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:56 am 
tpaulsen2 wrote:
benmanley81 wrote:

That was by far the most fun game I've played in A this season and I'm sure we will see you guys again either in the regular season or playoffs.

Joe played his ass off yesterday and gave both the teams I'm on our first loss :cry: . Almost every deep ball he threw yesterday was perfect. The first one I was running right next to (Matt I think his name is?) and he arced that ball in there perfectly. You couldn't have handed the ball to him any better haha.

Great game though! You know it's going to be pretty tough to beat us twice though right? :)

Yes, that throw was beautiful! Matt didn't have to do anything but catch it which he did on that one. Matt had a lot of drops though, it was for sure his first game! Joe is awesome though. It is nice to stand there on some plays and just watch haha
We could have played so much better though. You guys could have too but we missed on a lot of opportunities we normally don't miss on! However, you guys are really good and that was the most fun game of the season. It was a good, competitive game with good attitudes for the most part. But we will for sure see you guys again. I'm thinking championship???

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:30 am 
benmanley81 wrote:

We have "good" wins against both NFL Legends and PnS now.

I guess I disagree a bit. We all have our roles on the team. Id rather have my stats I have now instead of a ton of receptions and no points. Scoring points is definitely more important, at least in my opinion. And drawing double coverage for a whole game opens up our other receivers who are just as capable of putting points on the board, as PnS saw this week. Call it obnoxious if you want, I'm not all that concerned about the dragon award, but its something fun to work towards. I'll take 0 TD's every game if the other guys on our team are getting them. I'm just there to help however I can.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:11 pm 
benmanley81 wrote:

Yes, that throw was beautiful! Matt didn't have to do anything but catch it which he did on that one. Matt had a lot of drops though, it was for sure his first game! Joe is awesome though. It is nice to stand there on some plays and just watch haha
We could have played so much better though. You guys could have too but we missed on a lot of opportunities we normally don't miss on! However, you guys are really good and that was the most fun game of the season. It was a good, competitive game with good attitudes for the most part. But we will for sure see you guys again. I'm thinking championship???

Definitely. It will come down to us, you guys, and Pho for the championship probably.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next