Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's Week 5 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:22 pm 
No Ragrets vs SGI 30 – SGI 30 is no where as good as I was hoping. They definitely come out and have fun, and I’m just hoping the Nick shows up to enough games to play in playoffs. No Ragrets is still looking like the team to beat but I can’t wait till they face New Speed. No Ragrets has too much talent and too much structure to lose this one. NR 28-3

Mythological vs Corn State Warriors – Bench racing would say, Mythological lost to Deez Nuts, and Corn State warriors beat Deez Nuts, so CSW should win… But in reality Mythological didn’t have their QB and most importantly their leader. Mythological is still a top 5 team for me and I think they’ll show it this week. Myth 32-12

X factor vs Deez Nuts 2.0 – Xfactor has lost the last two games by a combined 2 points.. But the real story here is that the QB for XFactor won’t be able to play this week due to a suspension. I know what game plan xfactor will come out with without him, and it will come down to DN being able to pull flags and prevent short gains turning into big gains. DZ are quickly going from contenders to pretenders with last weeks loss and they will need to win this week before I put them in the pretender column. I expect them to come out, hopefully have a solid game plan, and be focused enough to beat Xfactor who I’m not saying is going to be worse without their QB. DZ 13-12

LI stacked vs Multiple scoregasms – LI Stacked is never a team you want to sleep on. They may be 0-4 but they are better than a lot of teams in B. MS I may have had a little over rated because I was starting to get the sense of a three way race for first, but with a loss to Mythological it’s definitely not as clear cut. I’m predicting an upset here due to the fact that MS’s game plan, really isn’t going to work against LI’s good solid defense. If they have the same QB they had this last week, they’ll have a great shot of winning this one. LI 13-7

Legion of Boom vs Backyard Legends – This is by far the best game in COMP for the week. BYL may be 1-3.. But there are four good teams in comp. Joe is a great QB and any time he is the QB any team would have a chance to win. Both of these teams have major flaws, LOB being that my goodness thank baby Jesus that there isn’t a dropped passes column because they would be near the top. BYL just has players in the wrong spot. Not that 82 (Zach?) isn’t a good WR, but their best WR is Hugh who is playing center, and he should be out at WR. For our team our center has the most yards because we utilize him a few times every drive, Hugh has the 4th most yards and receptions on their team and he’s by far their best athlete. If Justin reads this and realizes I’m right, they have a shot of winning this. But when they have Hugh doing 5/10 yards and stop in front of Brian from LOB, it’s not going to go well. LOB 22-14

Multiple scoregasms vs NFL Legends – At this point, both these teams surprised me in the opposite direction I was expecting. I wasn’t surprised when they lost to ABD, but I was surprised in what fashion they lost (being shut out). MS I wasn’t surprised lost to Mythological, but they have not dominant as I expected, in fact they haven’t been really dominant at all. I do think this is a team Johnny will have a lot of success running against, but he’s going to need to start practicing those dump offs to the line to put the defense to sleep to open up the deep pass. But he also needs to learn WHEN it’s okay to throw it deep and when it isn’t. He’s definitely has better passing numbers than in the past, but he’s thrown two per game the last two weeks. Just needs to work on cutting those down to be able to give his team a chance to win it this season. NFL 16-10

New Speed vs Kekambas – Kekambas have the talent, speed, football IQ to play in comp. But they are lacking the flag football IQ. This is a team that as they gain more and more experience they are going to be really good. New Speed although has a lot of talent (not quite as much as Kekambas) they have a lot of experience and a high FF IQ. New Speed really only has had a test vs Back Yard Legends, I’m excited for when they get to replay LOB with Preston, and when they finally play No Ragrets. IT SHOULD HAPPEN SOON! New Speed 28-0

Lincoln Stars vs Maximum Effort – The real question here is, is Lincoln Stars going to show? ME although 2-3 is shaping up to be a decent team. They’re just not putting games together and Rich is turning the ball over too much, making some really questionable plays. Maybe just trying to do too much? But he better get his butt in check before Ahmad gives him the Thunder Clap and takes over QB himself. LS has a lot of talent, decent amount of speed, but they are really new. The issue is when playing a team like ME, most teams have no problem stopping a team that runs and passes, but it’s something completely new to a team like LS so they’re going to have their hands full. Now I most likely would have picked ME anyways, but also if they don’t show up, I don’t want to be wrong in my prediction so I have to choose ME anyways. ME 20-6

JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA vs Thunder Bunnies – While John Cena has a lot of talent on their team, and I think Aaron could be a really good QB (if he went through the Hladik’s QB camp to greatness). They also have a great come from behind victory to beat D7… However that’s their only win. But that’s not really fair since they’ve had to play Pho Real twice and Man Hands…. But I don’t think this week will be much easier. They have the ability to break small plays into big ones, but with a sure tackle team like TB it should limit the big plays and in the right situations should end up with a lot of 4th and long scenarios. TB 29-12

Dirty 7 vs BMS Mountain Goats – D7s road hasn’t been much better. In reality there are 7 teams in A and what appears to be three teams really pulling away from the pack. D7 beat one of those teams in Man Hands, but then got whooped on this last week. BMS just doesn’t have enough weapons, without Joe, without Marquis, without Tony, that’s a lot of talent they have lost. D7 really hasn’t lost anyone from the past couple seasons, I think the talent in A is just getting better and better. I think BMS has just lost too much to be able to really be competitive this season. D7 19-6[/g]

***Pho Real vs Man Hands – Game of the week. This one is tricky, I’ve been trying to figure out how I would pick this. Usually what you would say is that Gronk is going to Gronk, but here is why I don’t think it’ll happen. Gronk is able to Gronk because he’s able to get to a spot where he’s standing side by side with the defender. He doesn’t quite have such an obnoxious advantage if the safety is able to play down hill. Pho Real has a good rush of individuals they are able to switch out and the rush is the same intensity from snap one, to the final snap. This means Joe won’t quite get the amount of time he usually gets, making the balls thrown earlier and eliminating the advantage the usually get. However they will still have plenty of advantage due to size. The one advantage Man Hands has that is usually great vs any team (besides Pho Real) is their defensive rush. But with this offensive set up with Corey at QB, a fast rush doesn’t matter, almost plays into the favor of Pho Real. The key is Corey not turning the ball over this week, if he makes quick decisions, fast throws, and keeps the rush at bay, they should win. [b]PR 22-16

Donkey Punch Mafia vs Pylon Pythons – Pylon Pythons actually looked pretty good this week. They’re really going to end up being a solid B team. They faced a pretty good pass rush last week, this week won’t be as bad. But DPM has a top 3 QB in B, possibly the best QB in B. I’m really surprised they lost to BlackShirts though. But then again BlackShirts have Zach from BMS/BYL as their QB so that alone gives them a chance to beat most teams in B. They must have finally all got on the same page this week. Pylon Pythons may have lose to Pup’N’Suds but they had their opportunities, a flood of dropped passes really hurt their chances. I do think Pylon Pythons is going to end up pretty close to .500% this season, but I don’t think they’ll be able to win this one. DPM 23-13

Squaad vs Man Hands – Unfortunately Squaad is showing to be a little out matched in A, with their current only win against a team that is currently 0-4 in B. The only real hope here is that Man Hands is so tired from their game vs Pho Real that they decide to forfeit. The shear size and talent of the Man Hands WRs I feel are just going to be too much. Sure Ahmad is a pretty decent match up deep, but there is a whole other side of the field that should be pretty open for the taking. MH 38-12

Project Mayhem vs Scrub Club – Project Mayhem comes out and has fun, and I’m a little surprised at how little success they have had at scoring. I’ve watched them here and there and I always see them making a big play and driving down the fields, I’m just surprised they haven’t been able to get in the endzone more. Scrub Club has a decent group of players, they’re definitely more about having fun, but they’re still competitive. Scrub club will end up being in the upper half of the B division at the end. Scrub Club 15-3

Back that pass up vs Juke Skywalkers – Juke Skywalkers!!!!! Seriously, the most improved team from last season. They may be 2-2 but both loses were close and they aren’t far away from really beating some of the top b teams.. Averaging about 21/22 points per game is a TON better than what they did last season. Back that pass up I don’t recall seeing at all yet. I think they wear yellow? But I haven’t got a chance to watch them yet. Just based on their stats I’m giving this game to the Jukes as they have been playing pretty good and you can tell they are progressing very well. Juke 26-12

Blackshirts vs Aluminum Curtain – This will be a good game because Aluminum Curtain is actually turning out to be a pretty good team. With wins against a couple good teams. And although they were pretty big losses, they lost to Pup’N’Suds and Donkey Punch Mafia.. Both pretty good teams. I think simply because of Zach for the Blackshirts they should be able to win this. I think Aluminum Curtain as a whole has more talent however. But I’m giving it to the experience of the Blackshirts they’ll be able to win this one. Blackshirts 22-18

Always Balls Deep vs Pup'N'Suds – This is an interesting match up. In reality Pup’N’Suds hasn’t played anyone that good really. They barely beat LI Stacked, however, LI Stacked is underperforming in the win/loss columns. ABD has definitely had the tougher schedule. I’m not sure how this one will go because Pup’N’Suds definitely has the athletes, they just aren’t nearly as experience. I think how their gameplan is set up that it should work well against the hard rush of ABD. But this game is really going to come down to how much they can slow down Goose. Because screw Albers I’m going to pick PNS. PNS 18-16

Prediction Record
This week - 13-3
Overall Record – 38-10

TOP 5 POWER RANKINGS
POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
Things played out as expected, no changes.
1. (NA) No Ragrets –
2. (NA) New Speed –
3. (NA) Legion of Boom –
4. (NA) Backyard Legends –
5. (NA) SGI 30 –

INT A Standings –
1. (NA) Thunder Bunnies – Yap…
2. (NA) Pho Real – Yup..
3. (NA) Man Hands – I told you that even though D7 beat them the prior meeting, it was going to change this week with Joe at QB.
4. (NA) Dirty 7 – 1-3 and in Fourth Place… Geeze
5. (NA) JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA – This position was a tough one, but since I had John Ceeennnaaaaaa here already I didn’t feel like changing it to BMS.

INT B Standings –
1. (NA) Pup’N’Suds – Well they finally get their first tough game this week vs ABD. They keep winning though.
2. (+2) Always Balls Deep – They still suck, and they haven’t shut me up.
3. (+3) Mythological – They’re only loss was without Mike and I knew it was a fluke and I still didn’t put them in the top 5. Here I make up for that.
4. (-2) Multiple Scoregasms – It wasn’t pretty but they got the job done, and they’re still undefeated.
5. (NA) NFL Legends – I didn’t move them up even though I dropped off DPM. I think Myth has the edge.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's Week 5 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:01 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:
Always Balls Deep vs Pup'N'Suds – This is an interesting match up. In reality Pup’N’Suds hasn’t played anyone that good really. They barely beat LI Stacked, however, LI Stacked is underperforming in the win/loss columns. ABD has definitely had the tougher schedule. I’m not sure how this one will go because Pup’N’Suds definitely has the athletes, they just aren’t nearly as experience. I think how their gameplan is set up that it should work well against the hard rush of ABD. But this game is really going to come down to how much they can slow down Goose. Because screw Albers I’m going to pick PNS. PNS 18-16

Now thats just ruuuuuuuuuuuude. Is this how you want to be when jesus comes back?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:17 pm 
Are you trying to imply I'm not Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:39 pm 
I may or may be.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:50 pm 
I took your advice before you could put it down .. Last week keys had 11 catches.. And played left guard .. We were up 32 nothing and kind of gave up that's why they came back

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:00 pm 
Haha I already told him how he needs to be utilized and he told me you used him correctly this week :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:21 pm 
Yes sir I did