Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's Week 4 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:40 am 
Legion of Boom vs Kekambas – I haven’t seen Kekambas since week 1, but I know they were really unorganized, however had lots of talent. With Preston on the field LOB is a 100% different team than the one that lost to New Speed. He’s the vocal leader on offense and very much so on defense. LOB’s down fall is stone hands. By far the most dropped passed / interceptions by a single team. I still think they have what it takes. LOB 23-13

Maximum Effort vs X factor – ME has one problem, and it’s just simply raw talent. Not enough speed in not enough positions. With Ahmad running the team they can make up for that, but usually isn’t enough to beat the top tier teams with a lot of speed. I think they match up well with X Factor, but they’re going to have to take advantage of the turn over opportunities when they arise. ME 19-18

Thunder Bunnies vs Squaad – I mean… We beat them 6v7. So I’ll put my original guess back in there. 28-0

Mythological vs Multiple scoregasms – This is going to be a deciding game for whether or not MS is the real deal, or Mythological is better than I give them credit for. I think MS is better overall, but Mythological has great defensive line play, then Mike is one of the better MLBs in the league.

New Speed vs SGI 30 – I’m tired of picking SGI to win because I assume Nick is going to be there, then he isn’t. SO… I don’t believe SGI has enough QB play to really be a force on offense. I expect New Speed to throw 6 turn overs, if Alex plays QB. But I expect them to still win. They should be able to overcome this when they put Darrel at QB and he throws six deep touchdown passes to Drew. Amazing, I know. Newspeed/Prestige Worldwide/Cum guzzlers 28-20

Deez Nuts 2.0 vs Corn State Warriors – Cornstate Warriors are better than their record. But they just aren’t able to close out games. Deez Nuts are playing ‘okay’ barely winning a mostly 6v7 game where Mythological didn’t have their QB. I expect them to finish the season in the top 5, or right on the outside looking in… But if they want to win B, they’re going to need to really clean up their game. DZNTZ 16-6

Backyard Legends vs No Ragrets – This is going to be a good game. Top 2 QBs in Comp going head to head. But one team has a lot of great WRs, the other has a couple, and their best WR they had playing center this week?? I just don’t think Joe is going to have enough weapons to be able to handle No Ragrets’ secondary. NR 22-6

Aluminum Curtain vs Maximum Effort – This is going to be an awkward game I feel. ME has played (but lost) a couple tough games and barely lost. Aluminum curtain won a couple close games against decent teams, and lose big in a couple games vs good teams. This is a character game to see who is actually a contender, and who is a pretender. But gut is actually saying Aluminum Curtain, but when I look at these stats, it shows some inexperience. ME may be able to exploit that. ME 18-14

Dirty 7 vs Man Hands – Well I think Man Hands has officially put Joe at QB, so they are now a top 3 team in INT A… With Ben/Joe brothers playing WR and Ben just straight Gronking smaller competition, this is probably going to be a good game simply because D7 always plays Man Hands close.. But Man Hands should win this. MH 12-10

Juke Skywalkers vs NFL Legends – Juke Skywalkers may be one of the most improved teams in the league, they definitely learned from last season and are getting better. But unfortunately there is only so much you can do against possibly the best pass rush in B. Don’t be surprised if this game scores quite a bit of points, I just think Juke Skywalkers is going to turn it over a couple times because of the pressure and not be able to keep up down the stretch. NFL 44-30

Pho Real vs BMS Mountain Goats – Pho Real has averaged 38 points the last two weeks, and has been looking scary on both offense and defense. They are going to be tough for any defense to beat. BMS has a good deal of talent, but when PR goes into the spread I don’t know if they have the speed to cover 5/6 WRs and then doing that against probably the best QB in the league. BMS is definitely a good team, but I think the Top 3 teams are starting to show their true colors as they break off the rust. PR 38-19

Scrub Club vs Lincoln Stars – Lincoln Stars got their first win dropping down from Comp to B. Alex has already played them once and put up a pretty good butt whopping. It just comes down to if they have enough talent of not to be able to do it again. Lincoln Stars may have also finally settled on a QB and that is important to a team that needs to learn and grow. But I’m predicting a bit of an upset here, LS just has a lot of talent. LS 12-6

JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA vs Pho Real – When these two met up week 2, things started getting out of hand fast. I don’t know how else to put it… I don’t think anything is going to be different this go around.. So much so I’m predicting the same score. PR 37-6

Pup'N'Suds vs Pylon Pythons – Pylon Pythons probably wisely moved down to B. But now they have to face the same QB they faced last week. But Mike doesn’t have nearly the weapons, but he utilizes them correctly. PP definitely has the ability to be the lower half of b, maybe even surprise a few teams, but I don’t know if they can vs Pup’N’Suds. The reason they’ll be able to win some games is because they have a couple players that are really quick, but against a team like PNS that will be able to match speedwise, I think it will be tough. 20-6

Back that pass up vs Project Mayhem – Battle of two teams without a win! Both teams have lost by big margins and has only scored a minimal amounts of times. Going off their schedules, Back that pass up has played two of the better teams in B, and Project Mayhem has lost big to two of the more ‘eh’ teams in B. So going off that I think Back that pass up is going to get their stuff straight for this game, but not sure how the rest of the season will go for either team. BTPU 13-0

Donkey Punch Mafia vs Blackshirts – With I believe his name is Zach from BMS is the QB for Blackshirts, the team just by that is going to be pretty good, but not great unless he’s surrounded with a couple play makers. DPM though has one of the better QBs in the league, and possibly the best QB in B. He throughs a great ball, makes great decisions, and runs if necessary. Then their Safety/WR has a knack for catching a deep pass making them pretty scary come playoff time. Zach is an emotional leader, and I’m sure that will help them some, I just don’t think they’ll have enough. DPM 33-6

Always Balls Deep vs LI stacked – Well…. One thing ABD has had a little trouble with is moving the ball. Being on the bottom half of INT B in pass yards. And the worry I have there is the LI Stacked is actually really good on defense. Allowing the 5th lowest offensive yards. They also have a couple guys who can handle keeping Albers in check who has 205 of their 350 pass yards.. If they game planned around that, they may be able to win this game. ABD is going to have to be sure tackling the QB for LI stacked because he likes to run, but Finke at MLB should be able to handle that. This will actually be a good low scoring game ABD 13-7

Prediction Record
This week - 13-3
Overall Record – 25-7

TOP 5 POWER RANKINGS
POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
1. (NA) No Ragrets – No change necessary, another week, another win.
2. (NA) New Speed – New Speed Prestige Worldwide, cum guzzlers, had an impressive win vs BYL. Whether BYL believes it was a fluke or not doesn’t matter!
3. (+2) Legion of Boom – With Preston back this week, they looked good. Not good enough to beat NR, but good enough to gain a couple spots.
4. (-1) Backyard Legends – Tough loss vs whatever that teams name is. But I’m sure they’ll get it figured out before the end of the season.
5. (-1) SGI 30 – THIS TEAM UPSETS ME. Was suppose to be my wet dream team.. All the ol’ school guys, coming back to show the kids how it is done, but Nick hasn’t been here since week 1 :(

INT A Standings –
1. (NA) Thunder Bunnies – No change for TB either, wasn’t really fair as we played a (now) B team. Squaad to get another chance this week.
2. (NA) Pho Real – Pho Real again putting up big points, they had lots of takeaways and they should have even more this week.
3. (NA) Man Hands – Oh my lawdy.. Watching Ben Gronk guys is not a pretty sight… No one should want to play him 1 on 1
4. (NA) Dirty 7 – Even though they lost big to Pho Real, there really isn’t anyone else to put here.
5. (NA) JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA – The only reason they are here is because of them beating D7. But BMS is right on their heels.

INT B Standings –
1. (+1) Pup’N’Suds – I don’t necessary think PNS is better than MS or DPM.. But as far as how they’ve played so far, I have to put them here for now.
2. (+1) Multiple Scoregasms – It wasn’t pretty but they got the job done, and they’re still undefeated.
3. (+1) Donkey Punch Mafia – Now if you wanted me to put my money down and say WHO IS GOING TO WIN IT ALL IN B… It would be DPM.
4. (NA) Always Balls Deep – They still suck, and they haven’t shut me up.
5. (-5) NFL Legends – I debated putting them at #4, but man they couldn’t move the ball except for one drive, then couldn’t put it away. Had the right game plan to stop Goose if they were going to go pass heavy. But since Johnny was running mostly, Goose will never quit.

Last edited by Hladik-TB on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's Week 4 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:46 am 
Hladik-TB wrote:
ABD vs LI Stacked -
ABD loses by a last second drop pass in the end zone by Albers. LI Stacked 6-3

INT B -
1-5 any team besides ABD.

Revisions coming soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:15 pm 
Updated

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 pm 

Team: The boys
Player: 9
Hahahhaa you know what DJ, I feel as though you've been drinking some of that haterade.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:39 pm 
Alexmastel wrote:
Hahahhaa you know what DJ, I feel as though you've been drinking some of that haterade.

TD:INT vs Pho Real? GET SOME BRO
You throw too many pics man. You need a coach like me to help you be the best. You're still in my top 5 QBs though :)/

Oh and updated with the power rankings

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:45 pm 

Team: The boys
Player: 9
alright well to be fair one pick was at the end of the first half and another was at the end of the 2nd half. One did happen just off a dumb throw but that's about all my picks. So that's 2 in essentially garbage time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:46 pm 
Alexmastel wrote:
blah blah blah I threw three interceptions

This is all I read.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:47 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:
Alexmastel wrote:

TD:INT vs Pho Real? GET SOME BRO
You throw too many pics man. You need a coach like me to help you be the best. You're still in my top 5 QBs though :)/

Oh and updated with the power rankings

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:00 pm 
If I came in as QB for new speed all I'm doing is throwing deep and yes they will all be completions for touchdowns to everyone except Alex!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:14 pm 
Honestly, once we get a consistent offense going we'll be in good shape. We held MS off with good zones and pressure and they had more athletes than us. We turned it over too many times and we still had 2 opportunities to rally at the end. I'm not sweating it