Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's Week 3 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:15 pm 
Legion of Boom vs No Ragrets – Legion of Boom got beat up last week, and I’m not sure I’m ready to put New Speed on the same level as No Ragrets, as No Ragrets are my current #1 team. No Ragrets 28-12

Mythological vs Deez Nuts 2.0 – Mythological has been playing games close, but during the game they still seem to be the clear favorites and the score is closer than it should be. Last week vs Maximum effort though it was a close game and they showed they can win when it comes down to the wire. Deez Nuts played one of the better B teams and got smacked, then smacked on a lower b/rec team. I think this game will be closer than their previous two games, BUT Mythological should be able to pull it off. Myth 29-22

SGI 30 vs Legion of Boom – Both these teams got beat pretty bad last week, but both teams were also missing their main QB. I think with both teams having their QB it should be a good game. But SGI just has the experience and the experience at QB is invaluable. If Nick is there, they should win this one. SGI 18-14

Thunder Bunnies vs Pylon Pythons – Pylon Pythons are the only team in A without a win but Thunder Bunnies are the only team in A without a loss. Pylon Pythons got beat pretty hard by Squaad. And Thunder Bunnies beat Squaad with only 6 players. So I’m going to have to pick my team here again. 20-0

New Speed vs Backyard Legends – This is actually going to be a great game. BYL is much better than they were last year and Joe looks great at QB, New Speed didn’t have my confidence at the first, but they looked pretty good this last week even if LOB didn’t have their QB they still had a good replacement QB. By shear performance thus far I’m going to give New Speed the nod, but on paper BYL should win this one. NS 15-10

Multiple scoregasms vs Maximum Effort – This will be one of the better B games. Multiple Scoregasms are definitely in my Top 3, but they had a bye last week so it’s hard for me to really get a feel for how good they are. Maximum Effort is a decent team, but looked sloppy this last week. I’m not sure they quite have the talent to keep up with MS. BMS 28-16

BMS Mountain Goats vs Squaad – BMS bounced back from a butt whopping from the Hand of Man Hands. I still don’t know what to think because they should have beat Pylon Pythons by more than just 5. Squaad has already beat PP 26-2 this season, so it won’t be surprising for me to see this go either way. I think BMS will still win this, but it’ll be close, and probably ugly. BMS 12-10

Lincoln Stars vs X factor – Lincoln Stars drop down from comp to B, which I think is more suitable as they learn. But they have to play X Factor who has a nontraditional play style which isn’t good for a new team. I know LS has talent, but they just have to figure it out. X Factor does have the talent, and although they have some new players, they have a lot of veterans who help immensely. Lincoln Stars in a few seasons would probably win, but not right now. XFactor 17-6

JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA vs Man Hands – Both teams had good wins week one, but John Cena had an ugly loss this week… BUT Man Hands lost to D7, who John Cena beat week 1. I was surprised that Man Hands doesn’t have Joe playing QB.. However I believe they let him throw one pass and it was an interception. I still think Joe is their best option, but none the less, they should be able to win this game just based on the deep ball, but John Cena has a lot of talent, and I won’t be surprised either way. Man Hands 22-20

Juke Skywalkers vs Corn State Warriors – Corn State Warriors haven’t been able to come up with a win yet, but I think they’re learning. However Juke Skywalkers are definitely looking better than they did last season. I don’t think they scored 42 points total until week 6/7 last season. I personally think it’s frowned upon to pick a Rec team over a B team… But none-the-less Skywalkers 26-20

Pho Real vs Dirty 7 – Dirty 7 looks better than last season, Pho Real looks a little better too.. But Dirty 7 I believe was 0-3 vs Pho Real last year?... There were also somewhere in the 15 interception range of those games I’m sure. Both QBs will risk it to get the biscuit, it’s just a matter of who is going to get the biscuit. Both teams will have their butter and honey ready, but I think the Asian persuasion is going to come away with it. PR 12-9

Aluminum Curtain vs Donkey Punch Mafia – Aluminum Curtain is definitely better than I expected them to be, but DPM is still as good for a team as they were last Spring now that they have their QB back. I expect the game to be closer than the score. But DPM has the ability to score any play if the QB dances around for a little bit. DPM 38-22

Back that pass up vs Scrub Club – Back that pass up got beat up via Pup’N’Suds week one, and now have to play Scrub Club which is still a decent team. BTPU has a little bit of a learning curve, I don’t believe it’s a new team, but players meshing together on a new team. SC 20-10

LI stacked vs Pup'N'Suds – This will be one of the better games in B as well. LI Stacked although lost this last week, watching the game you wouldn’t have really known it. They looked good, just couldn’t put it together. Pup’N’Suds though is definitely in the discussion for being a top team in B, but they have a few weaknesses. We’ll see what happens when they play a team like NFL Legends. P’N’S 38-21

NFL Legends vs Always Balls Deep – ABD had a good game this last week, even with Justin all hoped up on HGH and roids. NFL Legends though right now is the best team in B. ABD has probably the #2 pass rush, where NFL Legends has the #1. Both have good QB play, but Johnny’s ability to run opens up the field a lot and makes it hard for any team to defend them. NFL Legends 42-33

Blackshirts vs Project Mayhem – This is going to be a good game, both teams will be pretty evenly matched. I don’t really have much to say because both teams are lower b/rec teams, but they should match up well. Blacshirts simply get the knod for being in the higher division. Blackshirts 6-0

Prediction Record
This week - 12-4
Overall Record – 12-4

TOP 5 POWER RANKINGS
POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
1. (NA) No Ragrets – The now clear favorite right now in Comp with New Speed and BYL being the possible contenders.
2. (+2) New Speed – New Speed Prestige Worldwide, cum guzzlers, what ever, they looked pretty good this week, but they’ll have a tough week against BYL.
3. (+2) Backyard Legends – BYL looked really good this week, Joe and company were on the same page.
4. (-2) SGI 30 – Now they didn’t have Nick so I couldn’t expect much But the drop in the rankings is my way of saying I’m upset that he wasn’t there so I didn’t get to enjoy that beautiful match up.
5. (-2) Legion of Boom – LOB as well didn’t have whoever their main QB is, but Travis is a great replacement QB, surprised they couldn’t even muster a point.

INT A Standings –
1. (+1) Thunder Bunnies – The only team left undefeated in INT A (after just 1 week? Nuts…) Good win vs Pho Real, then a 6v7 win vs squaad.
2. (+1) Pho Real – Pho real may have been off to a slow start with a week 1 loss, but oh boy did they smack John Cena around.
3. (-2) Man Hands – A beat down to BMS, then a miscalculated loss to D7. I still say/know that Man hands should have punted when it was 4th down on the opponents 39. Instead that failed field goal lost them the game.
4. (NA) Dirty 7 – D7 didn’t make it look pretty, but beating Man Hands had to be tough… I still have Man Hands ranked ahead of them though :o
5. (-1) JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA – Ugg… How are you going to have an amazing come from behind victory against D7, then get smacked by Pho Real?? It’s going to be hard to keep them in the top 5 if they have another big loss against Man Hands.

INT B Standings –
There isn’t any changes here expect for #5
1. (NA) NFL Legends –
2. (NA) Pup’N’Suds –
3. (NA) Multiple Scoregasms –
4. (NA) Donkey Punch Mafia –
5. (+1) Mythological – I had Mythological listed at #6 and only because I though Maximum effort was going to win, because they beat ME though, they get moved up!

Post subject: Re: Hladik's Week 3 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:20 pm 
Not worried at all about our loss to D7. If we had the other 2 Manley brothers Joe (our regular QB) and Matt (Best WR in the league besides Kevin) we would have beat D7 by 20. Cant wait to play them again! Also, D7 is our Kryptonite!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 pm 
I'm interested to see that best WR in the league business when we get to play you. Our WR group as a whole is nutty!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:41 pm 
I did say best individual WR. However, not that I am great but with me, Matt, and Joe McWilly at WR. I would say ours isn't too bad either ;)

On that note, matt has a high ankle sprain and is out for 7 weeks so that is a bummer!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:53 pm 
I don't know if I would consider Matt better than JT or Dan. But I'm pretty biased.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:58 pm 
Injury bug hit us early we had 3 of our best Players out with hamstring injuries. And have yet to play with our full roster. Going to be a fun season when we have everyone healthy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:01 pm 
Hladik-TB wrote:
I don't know if I would consider Matt better than JT or Dan. But I'm pretty biased.

Matt has been in the league since year 1 and has multiple Dragon Awards, MVPs and whatever. If stats were kept accurately, he would have won the dragon last year but I don't think we do those awards anymore do we?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:06 pm 
I don't there has been since I came back spring last year.
But Kendal (#38 for BMS) would have won it in Spring of last year..... But the stats weren't really that good in the Spring. They were much better last Fall, and will be good this season too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:01 pm 
Well, last spring was kind of a joke when it came to stats, so I don't think anyone could really claim it. Also, they aren't the best this year either.haha not to hate, but I think it would be a better idea to just have 2 refs. The refs this year have been phenomenal though! Stats are just really hard to keep track of. I mean in our game sunday, I completed 2 passes and you put me down as 0-2 :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:26 pm 
Thanks for these DJ! Better than reading another Mel Kiper Mock Draft