Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's Week 2 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:44 am 
Kekambas vs SGI 30 –
SGI 30 is like the equivalent of Peyton Manning, Marvin Harison, Dallas Clark, etc all coming back together to see if they still have it. Kekambas is like the new age Carolina a couple years back where they were all really new. Kekambas sure has a lot of talent, but they may not have the QB necessary to really make a push in competitive. I think once they get some experience under their belt they’ll be much better. But right now, SGI 30 is going to be tough to beat. SGI 30 20-6
Thunder Bunnies vs Squaad –
TB returns as the defending champs. Squaad I haven’t really recognized everyone besides their QB who played for Ahmad last season, and Ahmad is on the team to my understanding. Based on experience, and talent, I’m going to assume this won’t be that close. TB 28-0
No Ragrets vs SGI 30 –
This is going to be the game of the week. No Ragrets in a way is Dragon Mandic esk from years ago… SGI 30 is Dragon Mandic from years ago. It’s new school vs old school. I really don’t know who to pick here, I’m going to go with No Ragrets only because SGI is a bunch of old farts who are going to be just coming off playing a game before this. No Ragrets 20-19
X factor vs Corn State Warriors –
I didn’t get to see Corn State Warriors play last week, but it didn’t appear the game was that close. X Factor however came out with a interesting game plan that worked, and if they can keep cool heads they have a legit shot to be top 5 by the end of the season in INT B. But I really don’t know enough about CSW to make an accurate prediction X Factor 18-10
Project Mayhem Vs Deez Nuts 2.0 –
I’m sure Darin was hoping for a better showing than what they had this last week. But Multiple Scoregasms is going to be a hard team to beat this season. Project Mayhem looked better than they did last season, but ended up with another mark in the loss column. Project Mayhem just lacks a little bit talent wise to play with most teams, but they are started to gain experience and they’ll surprise some teams, but I think DZNZ 2.0 will be able to win pretty easily. DZNZ 2.0 35-15
Mythological vs Maximum Effort –
This should be one of the closer games in B. Both have QBs that are ‘decent’ and just have a lot of overall experience. Mythological’s barely scraped by showing that although Mike’s been QB for awhile, he’s still has some growing pains to work out with a couple late interceptions allowing X Factor to come back. I didn’t get to see Ahmad’s team this last week, but I’m assuming they finally put something together to have a shot this year! ME 20-16
New Speed vs Legion of Boom –
This will be an interesting one, because New Speed looked really good this last week.. However as per usual Alex was racking up the interception column even against a team that really needs to be moved down. HOWEVER looking at the stat sheet, how did Legion Of Boom win last week? Four interceptions?? The key to this game will be New Speed’s D Line, if they can keep Preston/Kevin (if Kevin is there) in the pocket, they should actually be able to win this game. But I think Legion of Boom knows what works even if a team is able to contain their QB and should be able to win this one based purely on size. New Speed’s average height is around 5’9’’ and LOB is around 6’2’’. LOB 22-12
BMS Mountain Goats vs Pylon Pythons –
I’m not sure who Pylon Pythons are, but they got a smackerdoodle this last week with their only points coming off a safety. With the fact I ‘think’ Squaad is probably going to end up in the lower half of the field, and BMS has been a pretty good team over the last few years, I think BMS should figure it out this week and get back to winning fashion. BMS 12-0
Lincoln Stars vs Backyard Legends –
Lincoln Stars has the talent, but lacks a game plan, or any real experience to be able to really compete in competitive right now. They looked like they were trying to process a lot this last week and New Speed’s, speed, caught them by surprise. They’re going to get a shot to hit some long balls deep if the QB gets time, but I think they need to drop down to another division for now to gain experience. BYL 28-6
NFL Legends vs Donkey Punch Mafia –
This is going to be a good game because DPM has their QB back, and NFL Legends put on a clinic this last weekend. DPM’s QB is good enough to help them win a lot of games. But I think NFL Legends is going to be one of the toughest teams to beat in B. NFL Legends 32-28
Scrub Club Vs Juke Skywalkers –
Juke Skywalkers (The Taken King last season) is off to a much better start this season than last). I didn’t get to really watch either of these teams play, but Juke Skywalkers seems to have gained some experience to match their talent and they should actually be able to beat up a few B teams this season. Scrub Club I don’t really know, but I know that Alex and Darrell are on it, so that is enough to beat the lower half of the B teams. Scrub Club 19-6
Aluminum Curtain Vs Pup'N'Suds
I believe Aluminum Curtain is a new team, but they beat Always Balls Deep (a veteran team). But Pup’N’Suds is my current #2 team in B and is going to get better every week with experience. However there is a possibility that Mike and Raul will miss this weeks game, and if that’s the cause Aluminum Curtain will win. Because I can’t go based on people there or not there I’m going to go based on the rosters, so Pup’N’Suds should win this handedly. PNS 38-13 (Without Mike they’ll lose)
Pho Real Vs JOHN CEEENNNAAAAAA –
Pho Real is going to be bringing a different offense here and there that most teams are not use to. Although John Ceeennnaaaaaa is a team that’s played for a couple seasons, they’re still relatively new. The offense that they will see is going to be tough for them to match up with, especially with Corey/Liem at the helm. Expect JC to pull off a couple ridiculous touch downs where the score might seem close, but the game wasn’t. PR 24-16
Always Balls Deep Vs Blackshirts –
I didn’t get to see Blackshirts, but I’m pretty sure I recognized one team with a couple other players sprinkled in from last season. Always Balls Deep, seems to have lost Justin for at least a couple weeks already. I still think Adams a good QB and him alone should be able to beat a few teams, but I don’t know if they have the all-around talent to beat some of the better teams. Blackshirts I didn’t get to watch this last week, but if it’s the same issue from last season, they’re short a QB. But they only lost 21-8 to a competitive team, a competitive team that has previously won championship. So they may be the real deal this year in B. ABD is going to be hurting in the secondary and WR department without Justin, and that could be enough for the Blackshirts to pull off a victory. Blackshirts 15-11
(Disclaimer, one of you guys will have to wear pennies this week.
Dirty 7 Vs Man Hands –
D7 has won a lot of games over the years, even won a couple championships, but Man Hands is on another level, and that was before they added Joe to the team. AND they were going to try to add black JT! Little did they know he got a contract extension after being picked up as a free agent game one of last season. Man Hands hung 40 points on a BMS team who will probably finish top 5.. That’s nutty… And scary. I plan to watch this game to see if D7 can expose a weakness. Man Hands 38-18
LI stacked Vs Aluminum Curtain –
Unfortunately I haven’t watched either of these teams this last week. But for me Aluminum Curtain was able to win against a pretty good team last week, and LI Stacked lost to a pretty good team. Based on past experience between the two teams they played, Aluminum Curtain should be able to pull this one out. AC 10-6

Sorry the predictions are a little short, I’m not going to have quite as much free time as I use to, to do these. And with it being week 1, I haven’t had a chance to see all the teams.

TOP 5 POWER RANKINGS
POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
1. (NA) No Ragrets – Corey is still one of the most potent (if not the most) QBs in the NFFL right now. They really exposed Kekambas ‘noobness’ this last week.
2. (NA) SGI 30 – This team is really going to be exciting to watch. Nick still has those hips that don’t lie. Stan still has his speed, and it was fun watching them hook up for a deep one this last week.
3. (NA) Legion of Boom – They currently sit at #3, but this is because I’m unsure of Kevin’s status. My understanding is he’s on the team, but didn’t see him this week.
4. (NA) New Speed – I think this team is going to have some trouble in the division because of the height different, but they meshed well this last week.
5. (NA) Backyard Legends – I’m worried on how a team that has 4 takeaways only scores 6 points, but I’m guessing they’ll get it figured out.

INT A Standings –
1. (NA) Man Hands – Their talent level alone is scary, their experience is even scarier… Now add in Joe? It’s going to be a battle for the top three teams.
2. (NA) Thunder Bunnies – Another season opening against Pho Real, but started out with another victory. Doesn’t seem like much has changed from our championship victory last season.
3. (NA) Pho Real – With Wind being a huge factor, Pho Real had three giveaways that would make it hard to beat any team, but especially Thunder Bunnies. Their offense though is going to be tough to stop.
4. (NA) John Ceeennnaaaaaa – I would have easily swapped D7 for this spot had it not been for a crazy come from behind victory. I know Aarons a great QB with a lot of talent, and he showed it with this win.
5. (NA) Squaad – Right now I feel this is over rated, but D7 lost in ugly fashion or else they would be here. Squaad has a lot to prove and they’ll get a chance this week against TB.

INT B Standings –
1. (NA) NFL Legends – With a handed win against Scrub Club they are going the clear favorites to win it this season.
2. (NA) Pup’N’Suds – Mike and friends have a B team together with a bunch of newer players. They looked good this last week, but there were times you could see they lacked in experience.
3. (NA) Multiple Scoregasms – The QB for MS is one of the most underrated in the league. They are not going to be fun to play at all.
4. (NA) Donkey Punch Mafia – One of the better QBs in the league, just lacking real talent around him and experience, but they should still be really good this season.
5. (NA) Maxium Effort – This was a toss up between ME and Mythological, I only put ME here because their win was prettier.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's Week 2 - Predictions and Top 5s
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:44 pm 
You forgot NFL legends vs Donkey punch mafia .. This will be one of the better games this week

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:00 pm 
Nm found it lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:02 am 
really hating on Alex eh there DJ? lol

New Speed (aka Prestige Worldwide since Alex came up with the worst name ever) vs Legion should be really good. Also I can't wait for our Thunder Bunnies to play Manley, those are always great games.

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:48 am 
Hating on us short people is what it sounds like lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:34 pm 
Yes we have developed a rivalry with Thunder Bunnies! I mean, it's been a one sided affair having never lost but it's a great rivalry and is always close! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:36 am 
Gonna be a rough week for Mythological, half our team is at a Bachelor party Saturday night...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:14 am 
benmanley81 wrote:
Yes we have developed a rivalry with Thunder Bunnies! I mean, it's been a one sided affair having never lost but it's a great rivalry and is always close! ;)

You've only played TB once and that was last spring when we had a few guys that were pretty terrible.... we've upgraded since then and made some cuts to the roster :). Should be a good game when the time comes!

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:07 am 
I thought we played twice. Regardless, that's not a rivalry. Our real rivalry is Dirty 7. They have always had our number and we finally beat them last year. I hope that sticks with us!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:42 pm 
We've played multiple times over the years, but I believe you're right, I don't recall beating you.

D7 was the only team to beat us last season. But they lost in the first round before we could get our revenge.