Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spring Season 2016
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:46 pm 
Well we're not very far out from another great season of Football.
I thank everyone for last season, great teams, no real issues, and a great group of refs.

I want to first say this will be my last season. I've loved every minute of playing, reffing, and the last season, managing. I will be semi- in charge of finding a replacement so please keep this in mind. However I won't let the Lincoln League go down hill, so I'll commit as much time as needed if it requires an additional season. But I'm changing positions at work in July, then with my new born and my three year old, I want to focus my seldom days off to them.

We will be having the Captain's meeting on March 20th. I will have to find a location to hold this, and if anyone has any recommendations I'm open to suggestions. Will need to find something within a week.

REFS
We have already had quite a few people from last season saying they will be reffing again. I'll be extending a couple requests to individuals as well who haven't messaged me. I'm pretty confident we're going to have an experienced group this season, even more so than last. However if the increase in teams is more than last season, we may see more three field action.

Please let me know if you have any questions or any comments!

Thanks
DJ

Post subject: Re: Spring Season 2016
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:38 pm 
You have been great! Thanks for everything you have done for the league!
Also, the reffing last Spring was the best it has been since I started in the league 5 years ago. Doing great work out there. Couldn't be more excited to start football up again!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:01 pm 
Thanks for everything man. We better defend our title this Spring and send you out with a win :)

Agreed on the reffing.... This fall was by far better than any other season I've been a part of. Good luck to everyone this Spring, should be a good one!

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:30 am 
This spring should be great, weather permitting of course. We had the worst luck last year in the Spring, but this last fall we had great luck.

We're going to have a lot of the same refs, and an even better understanding of what is expected as a ref. Seeing as though the individuals are getting paid $20 an hour to do a job, they're expected to do the job to the fullest.

I think we have only a few openings if any, but if anyone is interested in reffing, we've had enough interest we're going to stick with people who have at least a couple seasons experience or prior reffing experience.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:56 am 
Anyone have new teams or returning teams they are excited about?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:55 am 
I'm pretty excited to see what happens in competitive. The Monster / Fit Republic team has split into three-ish teams. Should make the skill gap much smaller and make for a lot of great games.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:10 pm 
I'm pretty excited about our competitive team ... It's a mix of thunder bunnies than the two better b teams from last year of dc marvel and kgb ... We've been out practicing every weekend for the last couple of months .. So look out for the new comers .. New Speed!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:23 pm 
When will the schedule be out?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:17 pm 
Wyatt said he plans to get them out tonight, probably late.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:54 pm 
So just kind of an update. It appears, it looks like my job situation is changing and I'll be available on Sundays still.
So it's not a promise... But there is a higher chance that I'll be available for this Fall season.