Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's Week 8 Predictions (Well almost)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:03 am 
The schedule isn't out yet. But figured I'd post this part of the predictions you've become accustom too.

My prediction Record!
61-16 going into last week
I was 10-4 this last week
Bringing my total to 71-20

POWER RANKINGS
POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
1. (+0) Fit Republic
2. (+0) Naked and Afraid
3. (+0) Backyard Legends
4. (+0) Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers
5. (+0) Savages

No Changes again. However Naked and Afraid are looking really good, can’t wait to see them play Fit Republic again.

INT A Standings –
1. (+2) Thunder Bunnies – Finally can’t keep us from the top. Another win against Pho Real showing that even under pressure we’re able to win. Drove down the field almost every drive just weren’t able to put it away until the end.
2. (-1) Pho Real – Another tough loss against Thunder Bunnies, the probable request to play us again didn’t work out.
3. (+1) Large Test Icicles – LTI would probably have skipped to #1, however Lance (their QB) is done for the season with a pulled hammy. Their QB still looked good, but he’s their main D Linemen and it’s going to be hard to play game after game, rushing and trying to be consistent at QB
4. (-2) Dirty 7 – Two weeks, two losses. A huge blown lead against BMS, only because I believe it to be a fluke are they now falling further.
5. (+0) Legion Of Boom – Bye week, and no real changes
6. (+1) BMS Mountain Goats – A great come behind victory vs D7. But they’re going to need to play games for 40 full minutes consistently to start moving up. They haven’t had a good season, but this is a step in the right direction
7. (+2) Disgruntled Swingers – A WIN! And they looked pretty good. Their captain was just simply too much of an athlete and basically won this one single handedly. Sure they had a couple subs, but they played a pretty good game.
8. (+0) Always Balls Deep – Didn’t look good against a previous team without a win yet. They got smacked by Disgruntled Swingers. They are a better team than this, they’ll need to get a full team together and start getting their season figured out.. Now.
9. (+1) Leather Heads – Finally a win! Well… A forfeit win. Then played Large Test Icicles and although didn’t get whooped, it wasn’t pretty. They had a pretty much new team put together, but throwing I believe it was 5 INTs is not going to win you a game.

INT B Standings –
1. (+1) DC Marvel – Bye week , but see #2 on why they moved back up to #1.
2. (-1) KGB – KGB did what I was worried would happen against a good team. The pressure made the un-experienced QB throw many picks. Still enough talent to win.
3. (+0) Pylon Sharks – Another week, another smack down. It’s unfortunate they played KGB so early, another shot at them may end differently
4. (+0) Mythbusters 2.0 – Looked pretty good against You’re Killing Me Smalls this week. Finally got Mike and Hugh playing. However they had a couple ringers that won’t be there for playoffs, they’ll need to start practicing without them.
5. (+-) Gate 25 – Moved back to B after having a terribly rough schedule in A. They should fair much better in B
6. (-1) Donkey Punch Mafia – Almost pulled one off against KGB. I was informed only reason they lost was down TO the extra points.
7. (-1) Men of the Corn – Won a game they should have, not much else to say there!
8. (+0) You’re Killing Me Smalls – Although they lost pretty badly, it was without their main QB. Rich did really good though!
9. (+0) LI Stacked – Won this week, continue to say above .500, but need to start beating the top teams.
10. (+2) The Outfield – Keep screwing up my rankings. A beat down on The Deflators which in theory shouldn’t have happened. They’re going to need to build some consistency before the playoffs
11. (-4) The Deflators – I was praising this team on how they were starting to become a diamond in the rough in B. Then laid a goose egg against The Outfield.
12. (-2) Show Me Your TD’s – Although they lost to Superheros in Training + some Superheros from DC Marvel, they don’t fall below Superheros in Training. However they still didn’t look good through I believe four INTs, one being a silly one at the 5ish yard line.
13. (-2) Green Machine – A butt whoopin’ from the hands of Pylon Sharks. Figured it out guys!
14. (+0) Project Mayhem – Still looking to beat a team other than SuperHeros in Training. They have a good QB to WR relation, but just hasn’t been enough yet.
15. (-2) The Taken King – The only team left in B without a Win, and it shouldn’t be happening! 10th out of 16 in scoring is good enough to win you some games. But third from last in Points Allowed. Need to get a defense figured out because they’re clearly moving the ball.
16. (-1) SuperHeroes in Training – Yay! They got a win! But it’s pretty skewed when you look at the stat sheet. You’ll see that “99” (those without numbers which were Marquis, Dillon and Tony from DC Marvel) has seven catches compared to the rest of the team having two. They did play a solid game though. Just wish they would stick with their team and work together to try and figure out how they can win some games without the ringers.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's Week 8 Predictions (Well almost)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:27 am 
So these will be a ‘little’ shortened. Just because today is may last day of work for a couple weeks so I actually have some things I need to do today. And got plenty of crap to do over the next couple. So sorry if they aren’t quite as detailed as usual. I did add my rankings though, hopefully that adds a cool factor

#7 Disgruntled Swingers vs #5 Legion of Boom –
LOB had a week off and it was probably at a good time. They’re going to be itching to get back on the fields after suffering a tough loss to LTI. Now although the rankings are close, the top 5 in INT A have started to pull away with BMS trying to keep up. DS Looked good this last week, and got a good win, but LOB is a different beast and Preston has looked great. LOB 28-13

#4 Mythbusters 2.0 vs #16 SuperHeroes In Training –
SuperHeros got their first season win! Now like I said previous, it was pretty skewed as they had Marquis, Dillon and Tony. This week they won’t exactly get that luxury as Dillon will be playing against them, then Marquis and Tony will playing for a different team. They did finally get their QB situation figured out in my opinion, and they did good on offense. However I think they’re going to get overwhelmed from an athletic stand point. Mythbusters finally got Hugh and Mike going this last week, and they’re QB did pretty good. But I still worry that they’re going to face a team like KGB, DC Marvel or Pylon Sharks and wish they would have got Hugh more time at QB with their players.

#6 BMS Mountain Goats vs #9 Leatherheads –
BMS had a huge come from behind win against D7 this last week. D7 couldn’t get to the QB and allowed too much time for the BMS players to get all alone deep. And I mean ALL ALONE. This is really going to be a win to build on, and at the perfect time as we get closer to playoffs. Leatherheads although didn’t get a win, they got a full team together finally and that’s really something to build off of. They need their QB to make some better decisions, 5 INTs is not a recipe for success. BMS though should be able to win this pretty easily, just need to keep making statements in these kinds of games to give them something to work with in playoffs. BMS 33-6

#3(COMP) Backyard Legends vs #5(INT A) Legion of Boom
BYL is really the best team in Comp outside of the clear favorites, of N&A and FR. BUT I really think any of the Top 5 INT A teams could hang with pretty much every COMP team (but I’m not saying they could beat N&A nor FR). I’m really interested to see how this game turns out because LOB is a great team, they could easily beat any team in A any given week. They are a high emotional and high octane team that have a couple WRs who can catch it anywhere on the field. It’s going to take a team when can contest those passes and get much needed INTs to really win these games. I think with BYL having their full team they should be able to win this one though. But I won’t be surprised either way. BYL 12-10

#9 LI stacked vs #6 Donkey Punch Mafia –
LI Stacked still has one of the better defenses in INT B. They just haven’t had a consistent offense. They have the big play ability, but they have had a case of a lot of dropped passes. Donkey Punch Mafia got back to looking like DPM this last week, and almost stole one from KGB last week. They are going to be a good team in the playoffs, they just need to keep practicing and get their QB more reps. LI Stacked and DPM are really evenly matched and this is another game that is going to be won on defense and takeaways. DPM 18-14

#4 Dirty 7 vs #7 Disgruntled Swingers
As mentioned in previous predictions, DS had a great week and got a win, D7 had the opposite where they had a great first half then looked awful. They made all the wrong decisions on defense in the second half and blew I believe a three (maybe it was just two) score lead pretty quick. Like any other Top 5 A team, they can beat any team any given week. Teams are just going to need to start building some consistency. But this shouldn’t be that tough of a game for D7, it’s a lot of experience and talent vs just talent here. DS is going to be a good team in future seasons if they stick it out. D7 28-18

#15 The Taken King vs #6 Donkey Punch Mafia
If someone asked me to pick teams that would not have a win at the end of the season after seeing the teams week 1, I wouldn’t have put The Taken King on that list. They have more talent than being 0-7 in INT B. They just still haven’t figured out their QB situation. They had a sub a few weeks back who was their best option. Easily drove down the field, just had a costly turn over in the end zone. DPM though needs a couple wins going into the playoffs. Because even though they are on the outside looking in on the TOP 5, they really could be a dark horse team in the playoffs. DPM 22-6

#9 LI stacked vs #12 Show me your TD's
Show me your TD’s got a little robbed this last week. But I don’t want to take away that they kind of shot themselves in the foot over and over. Four INTs that really had nothing to do with the subs SuperHeros had. The tipped pass on the first drive in the endzone really was a sign of things to come for them. They need to pick a QB, stick with that person, turn off the negativity they had this last week and just focus on playing some football. LI Stacked though needs to get some wins going into playoffs to get them a better seeding and hopefully a few things can go their way so they can at least get into the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. LI 12-6

#13 Green Machine vs #8 You're Killing Me Smalls
Green Machine had a surprise win against The Outfield a couple weeks back, but then got straight stomped by Pylon Sharks. Which at least they got it out of the way now before the Playoffs. You’re Killing Me Smalls needs to start figuring it out before playoffs. Rich had a pretty good showing at QB, just needs a little more practice. If they decide to keep giving him the rock I think it would be a pretty good idea, but they need to decide that now. Ahmad needs to keep in mind that he was the one who drove down the field against LI Stacked and won the game for his team at QB. Just sayin’ Ahmad, you’re probably still the best option, however Rich is a good second option. Justin is good too, but I think he just has a few too many TOs. YKMS 18-12

#1(INT A) Thunder Bunnies vs #5(COMP) Savages
Savages being yet to win a COMP game, even though they came really close against Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers, is still a better team then what it seems like on paper. But I have a lot of faith in my team who has been playing great this season. Only loss was a last minute drive against D7. We will be without out main QB, but we’re lucky enough to have another couple guys I trust with the rock. TB WINS DUHHH

#10 The Outfield vs #7 Men of the Corn
I think the Top 7 in INT B have pulled away a little from the rest of the pack, but the Top 5 being the scary ones. Men of the Corn are going to need to keep using these last few games to practice and hopefully perfect their craft going into the playoffs. The Outfield has upset a couple times and maybe that will translate into something, but the safe bet here is MotC. MotC 23-18

#2 KGB vs #7 Men of the Corn
This is an important game for both teams. KGB needs to not let up these game, go hard every play and stay focus for their next game, which will be the biggest game of their season. But they also HAVE to win this game. If either DC or KGB drop two games they run the risk of being ranked below Pylon Sharks and finding themselves in a much tougher playoff seeding. MotC though need to do one of two things, keep the game really close, OR win if they really want a chance to actually win the playoffs. But I can’t pick against KGB with their high octane offense and defense that can make big plays when it’s needed. KGB 33-22

#1 DC Marvel vs #11 The Deflators
The Deflators have already upset a couple teams this season and they have a good enough offense that they match up pretty well and will make this interesting. The issue though is they just aren’t going to have an answer for Johnny. I’m going to place the over under on 4 rushing touchdowns, I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t throw a single touchdown, but he probably will. What Johnny really needs to focus on is not throwing up silly passes because although The Deflators may not contest the jump balls, but KGB will. The Deflators to win will need to capitalize on the turn over opportunities that will present themselves, because they will be there, but they will need to capitalize on ALL of them. But I don’t think that will be enough. DC 42-25

#4 Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers vs #5 Savages –
I think Savages will probably get their first win of the season here. Mainly because FKC will be without Mike at QB which has really been the reason they’ve won the games they have. Someone with the ability to extend the pocket then throw a deep ball is the only reason they’ve really scored. The simply don’t have a player that I’ve seen who can take a 5 yard catch and turn it into a 60 yard touchdown. Hopefully since Savages will have two games it will be enticing enough that they will be able to field a full squad. IF they have a full squad I think they should be able to pull this one out. Savages 22-20

#2 KGB vs #1 Dc Marvel
THE GAME THEY’VE BEEN WAITING FOR. DC Marvel special requested this game, and I’m sure KGB wanted the same. Or Maybe they were hoping to wait till the playoffs. Now let me clear a few things first. Whoever wins this does not necessarily win INT B, in reality I almost want to bet if it’s at least a somewhat close game in the end whoever loses will probably be the one who learns the most and probably will win it all. However neither team is going to want to play Pylon Sharks come the playoffs, and whoever loses is going to end up playing them first. The team to win is going to most likely be the #1 seed come playoffs and that will be a pretty easy road to probably the semi –finals. This game is going to fully come down to the QBs. Both really are really athletic, both can make big plays, BOTH though make big turn overs. The difference is that Johnny has a better overall supporting cast. But KGB is still no slouch. I think the difference here is that Aaron is going to be under a lot of pressure and it’s probably going to be wise to put like Mike, Darryl(spelling?) and Alex on line. Because the ball needs to be in their hands to win this game. Getting the ball to the guys who can break a 1 yard catch into a big gain. Johnny in retro-spec just needs to not throw the jump balls deep. If he does his only option is throwing it into 1on1 coverage with Tony being the WR. Tony is going to be the best guy on the field for jump balls. If these game would have been last week, I would have picked KGB, however my concern of the turn overs came to light against DPM. DC has been at this for a while and is going to take some smart safe plays to win this. DC 38-28

#8 Always Balls Deep vs #2 Pho Real
Pho Real’s only two blemishes come against my current #1 ranked team. They’ve had tough games against D7 and Thunder Bunnies. But Always Balls Deep simply hasn’t looked good this year. They’ve had an almost impossible time getting 7 guys to show up. Pho Real has had an average of 10-11 guys showing up. Pho Real although is coming back from a tough loss, you just can’t count out a team where Corey is the QB. Expect them to just practice their craft this game and although they probably won’t win by a TON it will probably be because they are practicing a few things to get them ready for the playoffs. But they will need to keep winning to maintain a high ranking. The team with the toughest schedule is probably not going to win this year, but there are a LOT of good teams in INT A. Pho Real 25-12

#1 Fit Republic vs #2 Naked and Afraid
Woohooo. This is going to be a good one. Fit Republic already won their first meeting sure. But Naked and Afraid have looked really good. Heck Fit Republic lost to Lionheart from Omaha (even though this is kind of skewed since they shouldn’t have) but then N&A beat Lionheart directly after. Now unlike the DC vs KGB game where I think the loser will have a better shot of winning INT B than the winner of that game. This game I’m going to say whoever wins is going to win it all in Comp. I really don’t know though, on paper, FR wins it. But from the games I’ve watched, it’s hard for me to pick against N&A. They’ve just played solid games every week. For FR to win I think they need to win the jump ball battle, and as they have the bigger WRs, I think that should happen. Corey will REALLY have to be on top of his game. But I picked N&A to win it all, and I said whoever wins this game wins it all, so ifso-facto N&A win! But I could be off my rocker in picking FR to lose. N&A 24-19

#3 Pylon sharks vs #11 The Deflators
Pylon Sharks have looked great other than their losses to KGB and DC, The Deflators although had a couple upsets, I can’t pick them this time. Pylon Sharks comes into the game with a lot of emotion and just need to tame that to make sure they stay focused and win games. The Deflators definitely have the offense to be able to surprise teams and score enough points in a high octane game to be able to steal a victory. But I don’t think they have enough offense to be able to win this one. PS 32-20

#3(INT A) Large Test Icicles vs #2(COMP) Naked and Afraid
So let me make this as confusing as possible. LTI lost to Pho Real. Pho Real has a couple guys from Fit Republic, but is not nearly as good as the Fit Republic team as a whole. I picked Fit Republic to LOSE to N&A. So I can’t just say LTI is going to win. Now, if LTI has Lance at QB I think it would be an interesting game. I just don’t think that #24 at QB and being a gung ho linemen is going to leave him enough energy to be great at both. He’s a good QB but a great DLinemen, and doing both is going to take away from both. It’s unfortunate they don’t have another option for QB because he’s a game changer on DLine. But even if they had Lance I wouldn’t be able to bet against N&A so without Lance I definitely can’t. N&A 36-17

#14 Project Mayhem vs #5 Gate 25
Project Mayhem’s lone win was against SuperHeros In Training, but in reality they’ve played most games tough and could have easily won a few more. However Gate 25 is on a six (really four game because two are forfeits) game losing streak. But even so I still have them ranked #5 in INT B and I know Jacob is a good enough QB to be able to win most of these INT B games alone, and this is one he could probably win no matter who he really has playing with him. G25 22-0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:41 pm 
Which weekends are playoffs??

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:50 pm 
Playoffs should start on the 1st of nov.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:19 pm 
Correct that is my understanding

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:00 pm 
Hate to say it ..but I don't think I will be there .. As of right now I will not be .. Things can change on Sunday though but I doubt it .. So I'll let my team do there thing .. And by playoffs we will have it all figured out

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:39 am 
what the hell man, that changes my prediction. Granted i still think it will be a very good game and one im looking forward to watching. but i think without you there KGB will be able to walk away with the W. 34-28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:51 pm 
If Johnny isn't there, then the +- would be +21 KGB