Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pass the Mid Season - Predictions
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:41 am 
Now I'm choosing to skip including my team in the INT A predictions, just to be un-biased. But I'm expecting the ship this year.

Comp Champs
Really this is a two team race. Fit Republic vs Naked and Afraid. Now these two teams played and Fit Republic won 26-7. However Fit Republic lost 25-12 (really 19-12) against Lionheart, then right after Naked and Afraid won 16-13. I'm picking Naked and Afraid to win it this year. Corey, Dan, JT and a few other players from Fit Republic are all going to end up playing quite a few games as I expect Pho Real and Thunder Bunnies to make it deep into the INT A playoffs. Naked & Afraid will have just had to play two at most to get to the championship. I will say that I expect whoever ends up winning this game to beat the Omaha Champion.

INT A Champs
This is a Five team race at this point. Dirty 7, Pho Real, Large Test Icicles, Thunder Bunnies and Legion of Boom. But as I said I'm leaving my team out of this discussion. So that leaves four but I think two really stand out.
Dirty 7 -
They have done great this regular season they've beat Legion of Boom and Thunder Bunnies already this season. But they looked disappointing vs Pho Real in their 9-7 loss. I expect that if their schedule stays away from the rest of the top teams, they should have an easy travel in the playoffs, but I don't see them getting passed the semi-finals.

Legion Of Boom -
They've looked much better than I expected this season, especially against Donkey Punch Mafia and Gate 25. However their two Top 5 opponents, D7 and Large Test Icicles they fell up short both games. Especially the Large Test Icicles game where they should match up very well against them, but it just simply didn't happen. They too will most likely get to the semi-finals, but that's going to be the end of their road.

Now to the finals
Pho Real -
Pho Real has had three Top 5 games, they came up short week one vs Thunder Bunnies. However they put the hurting on Large Test Icicles week 2, then tried to lose vs Dirty 7 but still were able to win. Was one of the ugliest games of all time between two good teams. They are definitely a good team and will be deep in the playoffs, wouldn't be surprised if they win it all. But it isn't going to be easy, if they win this week vs Thunder Bunnies, they could find themselves finishing the season #2 and give them a much easier path to the finals. But, they don't get my nod.

Large Test Icicles -
Let me make it clear, if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Pho Real at this point for the "safest" team to win the championship. Comparatively I would say between PR and LTI, PR would be the favorites 63% PR 37% LTI. However LTI since their loss vs Pho Real has looked amazing. They were pushed to the limits vs LOB. But their QB Lance has looked great this season and is able to pick apart defenses to perfection. But most importantly this team also has a solid defense with probably the best pass rush in the league.

INT B Champs
This is clearly a two team race between KGB and DC Marvel. And now keep in mind I'm doing this a little past the half way point. But I wouldn't be surprised that before playoffs I get persuaded to pick differently.
Both teams have high powered offenses, KGB 42.6 PPG, DC Marvel 35. And then both teams have stingy defenses, DC Marvel 11.4, KGB 12.6. They both have a good pass rush, and both have QBs who extend the plays and make huge throws. The big differences between the two teams, KGB Turns it over more, DC Marvel usually doesn't do well against a good offense, KGB lacks in height, DC Marvel really only has a player with enough height and hand skills to take advantage of this. KGB has more pure athletes, DC Marvel has the QB with the most experience.
What I do worry about though is DC Marvel melting down like they have in the past. They are a very competitive team, they take this very seriously, but sometimes they let the pressure eat them and then start to fight internally. I think it's a new season compared to last year and it hasn't nearly been as bad, but there isn't near the competition in B this season as there was last year. I still pick DC Marvel to win it, but they're going to need to polish up on a few things before playoffs.

Post subject: Re: Pass the Mid Season - Predictions
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:59 am 
And you hit the nail right on the head .. Keep up the good work dj

Post subject: Re: Pass the Mid Season - Predictions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:08 am 
Well with Large Test Icicles main QB being done for the season, that changes things drastically. I would have to pick Pho Real. Their defense has become much better than they were week 1 and of course they still have Corey at QB.
Dirty 7 proved their regular season record thus far is kind of flawed with a loss to BMS.

KGB did what I was worried would happen, and under pressure through a lot of picks. I don't blame him for throwing the ball up to give his WR a chance, but he just don't have "big" enough WRs for that compared to most teams. And that won't work against DC