Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's week 7 Predictions (w/ stuff and potatos)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:04 pm 
Leatherheads vs Gate 25 –
Gate 25 fell behind fast last week but was able to almost come back for the win in a close game. They are better than their record shows, but only because they’ve played 4 of the top 5 teams in INT A, and at the end of the day have to play the 5th top 5 team. They finally get a better match up this week. Leatherheads finally was able to support a full cast last week (that I saw) but they lost to Always Balls Deep by 1. Gate 25 should be able to win this one, and if they play like they did last week, they should be able to win pretty easily. G25 22-10

Mythbusters 2.0 vs You're Killing Me Smalls –
This will be a good game, Mythbusters have skated by the past couple weeks and have probably been able to secure that they deserve to be top 5. You’re Killing Me Smalls tried really hard to give the game away to LI Stacked with a lot of interceptions but was able to win with a last second touchdown. Both teams avoiding scares last week but both able to win. I think it’ll be closer than the score will show, and I do believe it could go either way, it just depends on the Mythbuster’s pass rush. MB Is going to need to get it figured out before playoffs because they are lacking on offense compared to the top teams in INT B, need to score more! MB 2.0 20-7

BMS Mountain Goats vs Dirty 7 –
BMS went from a week 1 #1 in the power rankings to trying to stay above water long enough to see the bottom of the top 5. They looked really good week 1, scoring at will, but maybe we over reacted since it was against a now middle of the pack INT B team. Because shortly after losing to Always Balls Deep, then Legion of Boom. Their 3 wins have been against a INT B team as I mentioned, then Disgruntled Swingers and Leather heads who combine for a total win-loss record of 0-11. However Dirty 7 lost this last week, and it was not a pretty game. The second half started off with the first 4 combined drives being interceptions. The game ended up being decided on a safety where Marquis snapped the ball above Alex’s head. Both Pho Real and D7 tried to give the game away and in the end D7 wanted it less. I don’t expect there to be much of a lay over from last week’s game. BMS though if they want any momentum going into the season they need to win this week. D7 20-6

The Outfield vs The Deflators –
After beating MythBusters I thought The Outfield was going to end up being the surprise team in INT B, but since being 2-2 they have lost 3 straight and none of them really being pretty. I think they match up well with The Deflators, but The Deflators since losing their first two games have been on a four game winning streak. And they played both their first games pretty close so they really are the surprise team here in INT B. But like I said I do think that The Outfield matches up well, but I don’t think I see The Deflator train slowing down this week. Deflators 34-18

Backyard Legends vs Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers –
So these two teams have played twice already and BYL has won 2-0 scoring 80 pts and allowing 32 pts. The scoring difference is not enough to expect a different outcome. The real concern here is that although FKC has figured out offense, they have a horrific defense. Allowing the third most points in the league, only in front of two INT B teams. And although BYL is 4-2, 2 wins are against FKC and 2 wins are against Savages. They are a good team, but Fit Republic and Naked and Afraid are lightyears ahead of everyone else. FKC needs to be able to at least figure out how to beat BYL if they want any chance. They looked great on offense the last two weeks, but they are giving up some silly touchdowns. BYL 38-28

Project Mayhem vs LI stacked –
LI Stacked lost a nail biter this week vs You’re Killing Me Smalls. But this was basically the first week that I got to see LI Stacked, and I got to play against them. Their QB is better than I was giving him credit for. The unfortunate part is that they dropped quite a bit of passes. He does however telegraph his passes pretty badly, but he throws a good ball and usually puts it only where his player can get the ball. Project Mayhem is really just a player or two away from being a much better team. They usually just are short on people and they can’t get a good pass rush which kills their chances in most games because the QB gets too much time. LI Stacked should be able to win this pretty easy, but Project Mayhem is due for a surprise win. LI Stacked 25-13

Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers vs Naked and Afraid –
Naked & Afraid are going to give Fit Republic a run for their money this year. They have the ability to score on almost any play. They also play good defense which starts with a really quick pass rush. FKC will probably keep it interesting early before N&A runs away with the game. 42-14

The Taken King vs Men of the Corn –
The Taken King should NOT be 0-6 right now. But they fall into the dilemma a lot of teams find themselves in, which is not having enough guys, and as I’ve said about them before, then they don’t put enough talent on D line. Men of the Corn don’t have a crazy amount of talented players, they just play smart and have a good defense. As I’ve said before their tall, lengthy, needs some meat on his bones safety who I thought was going to be their weak point has been coming down with plays week in and week out. I don’t recall his number being #10(I think he’s #5), but I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s currently over doubling the rest of his teams in reception yards, and has 9 touchdowns. They have a QB who is better than I give him credit for with 18 tds and only 4 interceptions. If they keep up this roll they could really fight for the #3 spot from Pylon Sharks, and really would have to keep on path to beat DC or KGB. MotC 20-10

Fit Republic vs Savages –
I won’t spend a lot of time on this one. Savages barely fields a team each week and have yet to find a win in COMP. Well they won’t find a win vs Fit Republic. FR 38-0

KGB vs Donkey Punch Mafia –
Donkey Punch Mafia isn’t as good of a team as they were last year, but I am surprised that they’re QB is actually still a lot better than I thought he was. He played pretty good this last week and they almost came away with a win. However KGB is just a really good team, my creation at QB Aaron has done awesome, he extends plays for a long period of time, the ONLY way KGB will lose is if the pass rush gets to him and doesn’t let him slip away. He’s probably the most underrated QB right now. DPM has a good defense, but I don’t think they’re going to be able to pull this one out. KGB 46-26

SuperHeroes In Training vs Show me your TD's –
Show me your TD’s is hurting for a win only scoring 14 points in their last three games/loses. They have however played three pretty good teams in a row. However SuperHeroes have got a couple playing with them during the regular season this week that should help them immensely. But SMYTDs is still better than a 2-5 record and need a win this weekend to keep their late season push alive. I think it’s going to be pretty difficult to for them in the playoffs if they have the seeding they have now. They are going to need a few more wins to at least be able to find themselves in a manageable spot to get deep into the playoffs. They should be able to win this one though, but it won’t be easy. SMYTDs 18-12

Thunder Bunnies vs Pho Real –
Pho Real must have requested a rematch after their opening season loss to us being the only blemish on their record. Both teams since then have got much better, Pho Real got their whole team together and Corey is now looking on the same page with his receivers. Thunder Bunnies didn’t have Dan that game and Mike has been looking even better since putting on a 150 qb rating show that game. The key will be TBs defensive line being able to being able to contain as well as they did the first game. Pho Real is definitely turning into the team we feared they would, and even last week they were able to pull out a win even though they tried to lose. It’s going to be a tough game between when I have as two of my top three teams in INT A. CAN’T WAIT. TB WINS AGAIN

Pylon sharks vs Green Machine –
Pylon Sharks have only lost two games, one against KGB (my current #1) and one against DC Marvel (#2). They have looked pretty darn good the rest of their games. But they’re going to need to figure it out before playoffs on how to beat those teams if they want a shot at a championship. Green Machine I have only seen play once and it wasn’t a good showing because they were playing 7v6 until half time and it was against Men of the Corn. Unfortunately I don’t think they match up well here because Pylon Sharks has good deep coverage as well as a good defensive line. Green Machine is going to need to do a lot of dump offs and some trickery to win this game, but it isn’t out of the realm of impossible to win this one. Pylon Sharks 22-12

Always Balls Deep vs Disgruntled Swingers –
ABD finally had 7 (and then some) and even won! Although it was against the now zero and six Leather Heads. HOWEVER they are now playing the zero and five Disgruntled Swingers who have had a tough time fielding a team themselves. ABD is good enough to win this game, just need their team to show up! Disgruntled Swingers I still can’t really give any solid advise to because they’ve yet to field the same team two weeks in a row except for a couple players. ABD 19-0

Large Test Icicles vs Gate 25 –
LTI Has looked scary good since their loss to Pho Real. They have since won 3 (not including their forfeit) with a combined score of 83 and only allowing a total of 13 points…. They also played a half Thunder Bunny team and half subs and whooped us good. Gate 25 is definitely a good team, they need a few things to go their way, but LTI’s QB is too good and will probably pick apart their defensive scheme. It’s just not a good match up. Gate 25 to win will have to win in a shootout, I just don’t think they will be able to keep up. LTI 36-20

My prediction Record!
48-12 going into last week
I was 13-4 this last week
Bringing my total to 61-16

POWER RANKINGS
POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
1. (+0) Fit Republic
2. (+0) Naked and Afraid
3. (+0) Backyard Legends
4. (+0) Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers
5. (+0) Savages

No Changes again.

INT A Standings –
1. (+3) Pho Real – They’ve looked scary and beat the previously unbeaten D7 team, their only blemish is against Thunder Bunnies that they will try to prove was wrong this week
2. (-1) Dirty 7 – They lost in very close fashion to Pho Real
3. (+0) Thunder Bunnies – Our only loss was in close fashion to D7 but beat Pho Real.
4. (+1) Large Test Icicles – Their only loss was against Pho Real and have looked great since, once they play either D7 or Thunder Bunnies they’ll be able to move up even further, but they definitely deserve it.
5. (-4) Legion Of Boom – LOB’s only top 5 games were against D7 and LTI and they lost both. They’ll need to find a way to win those games before playoffs
The top 5 have now separated themselves from the rest
7. (+0) BMS Mountain Goats – Won a close one but it was against the #9 team who has yet to find a win.
8. (+0) Always Balls Deep – ABD also won a close one, but against the #10 team also without a win
9. (+0) Disgruntled Swingers – Yet to get a win, but have played more games close than #10
10. (+0) Leather Heads – And same thing as #9 but have scored half as many points as #9

INT B Standings –
1. (+1) KGB – KGB has looked great, they’ve got high powered offense. Scoring 42 points per game
2. (-1) DC Marvel – Only reason I moved DC is because they have averaged 35 points per game, but I don’t know who I’d pick to win DC vs KGB
3. (+0) Pylon Sharks – Still winning games, and winning big, only losses are to #1 & #2
4. (+0) Mythbusters 2.0 – Won a close one vs #5, maybe I’m not so wrong about them!
5. (+0) Donkey Punch Mafia – Lost a close one but could have went either way vs #4
6. (+0) Men of the Corn – They still look good and if it wasn’t for a throttling vs PS and a relatively easy schedule they’d be ranked higher
7. (+2) The Deflators – they’re 4-0 in their last 4 games but lost to Men of the Corn before that streak started
8. (+3) You’re Killing Me Smalls –They have gotten a little lucky from teams above losing ugly, they score quite a bit, but they turn it over too much
9. (-2) LI Stacked – Lost a close close one this week vs You’re Killing Me Smalls. Almost pulled it out.
10. (-2) Show Me Your TD’s – three game losing streak.. CMON GUYS you’re streaking the wrong way!
11. (+3) Green Machine – They looked decent against Men of the Corn even though it was 7v6 and now got a win finally! This is progress
12. (-2) The Outfield – They beat Mythbusters so I thought they were going to do better than this, but maybe it was a fluke. But the games they’ve lost haven’t been close.
13. (+0) The Taken King – These guys are better than this, but some unfortunate luck and not being able to find a solid QB has hurt them immensely
14. (-1) Project Mayhem – These guys are still a good team, they just are missing a few pieces
15. (+0) SuperHeroes in Training – Although they are 0-6 they have still progressed a lot since the first couple games. They could steal one this week with a couple guys they will have playing for them.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's week 7 Predictions (w/ stuff and potatos)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:14 am 
Psssh.. Knocking us out of #1 ... Big big mistake mister .. Just going to have to prove you wrong bud :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:11 pm 
good rankings but i would still say DC is number one. KGB and DC will match up very well against each other as far as talent and organization go. But DC to me would have the edge with their pass rush. Cant wait until we can see those two play one other should be a very good game when it happens

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:27 pm 
It was a tough decision. But one thing I feel KGB has proven a little better at is D as a whole. Both QBs really don't get effected too much by the rush. But Johnny has a lot more experience and I think that will possibly be the topping point for this game. If/when it happens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:01 pm 
Yea I will definitely be playing d line along with keys against them to keep him contained .. He's not out running either one of us .. And boom goes the dynamite