Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's week 6 Predictions (w/ YEAH STILL POWER)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 pm 
BMS Mountain Goats vs Disgruntled Swingers –
BMS didn’t have a good showing last week, and has the perfect game to bounce back from. Disgruntled Swingers could have been pretty good come playoffs, but they have about 3 core guys show up and then have some other guys sprinkled in here and there and usually have to get a sub or two. BMS should be able to air the ball out a little more here as their WRs should match up much better this week. Along with their pass rush and good secondary play they will come away with a couple picks as well. I unfortunately don’t have many tips here for Swingers because it’s hard to make a plan if you don’t have a “team”. I’d really focus on trying to get the team there this week and try to avoid a forfeit! BMS 28-0

Mythbusters 2.0 vs Donkey Punch Mafia –
Donkey Punch Mafia matches up pretty well against Mythbusters because one of Mythbusters down falls is their pass rush isn’t quite on par with the top teams in B. DPM’s QB is a good athlete but they definitely were better suited last season with their previous QB. MB though has already lost a game they shouldn’t have and then this week almost lost to The Taken King, which is a good team, but they shouldn’t have been that close. Although I would say an upset would be DPM winning, I could easily see them winning this one. MB would be considered the favorite in my opinion currently because they have better QB play, but they still have yet to have Hugh and Mike play with them and that’s REALLY going to hurt come playoffs. However when Hugh jumped in for BMS last season in playoffs, it worked out pretty well just falling up short against Legion Of Boom. DPM will just have to have turn overs on D to be able to win this one, I think it could happen, but I’m going to stick with my gut and say MB wins it. MB 12-10

The Taken King vs The Deflators –
Both teams had positives this last week, Taken almost beating Mythbusters and The Deflators putting a smack down on You’re Killing Me Smalls. The Deflators seem to be a better team than I’ve given them credit for so far. They are winning games they should, and they’re coming close on games they shouldn’t, and they’ve been just a couple plays throughout the game of their losses of being able to win. Easily could have been 4-1 right now. The Taken King seems to have put the QB position in the hands of #9, but the best QB option they’ve had was a sub week 2 or 3 (don’t quite remember). They had some big plays this week because of their QB though at least giving their WRs a chance and they came down with it. Expect Taken King to be better during playoffs, but I don’t know if I would put my money on them quite right now. Deflators QB did get hurt this last week, and I wouldn’t expect him to be back for a few weeks, and he may be done for the season. It shouldn’t hinder them much this game, but if they had late round playoff hopes, they may be shattered now. Deflators 22-10

Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers vs Fit Republic –
Fit Republic should be in full force since they have a double header (sometimes they’re a little hit and miss with a single early game). Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers have definitely been making progress, but let’s be real here. Athletically they don’t stand much of a chance and they’ve had a tough time on defense which is not a good way to start the game against Corey. Expect a blow out in the first half before Fit Republic starts to coast before their next game against an Omaha team. Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers is just a few players short of being REALLY good as they have two good options at QB, they just don’t have the supporting cast to be hang with the ‘big dogs’. FR 38-12 (I only say they score 12 because I think FR will take their foot off the pedal second half)

The Outfield vs Dc Marvel –
I can’t say I’m impressed with their victory against Pylon Sharks because I called it, HOWEVER, I am impressed that the only smack talking you could really say happen was just being overly excited about some plays as a way to rub it in. Which is 100% fine to me, it never got out of hand in the least, a couple little silly things but I’ve seen worse from teams that are called DC Marvel so I’m really happy with how that went. The Outfield upset Mythbusters, and then got their next win against a little shorthanded Taken King team. They’ve looked a little out of place in some games giving up the big plays and not creating enough on their end. DC Marvel is known for scoring a ton of points but also allowing a lot of points. The only way to beat DC Marvel is in a shootout and I don’t think The Outfield has enough fire power to keep up. DC Marvel 38-12

Omaha Competitive vs Fit Republic –
Well uhhh, since Fit Republic went 2-0 in Omaha, and they scored 73 points and allowed 7, I’m saying they win? By uhhh 15? Sure…..

Legion of Boom vs Large Test Icicles
This is going to be a GOOOOOOD one. Legion of Boom put a HUGE smack down on Gate 25. Large Test Icicles had a forfeit, however they played about half of Thunder Bunnies and then some random subs and kicked our butts. They definitely have the quickest rush in INT A, probably period. The key here is going to be working on quick passes for LOB. They’ll need to get the ball into their WRs hands FAST and then make sure to get 10 or so yards per pass attempt. Preston is a quick enough QB and decent enough on the run that this should favor them because as far as Large Test Icicles on defense, this is their best trait. However the key then will be stopping LTI on offense which is not going to be easy. Their QB is usually good for at least one interception a game before he gets rolling. Their only loss? He threw two. Getting an extra turn over or stalling their offense on a couple drives will be huge into winning. Lance (LTI’s QB) has looked on point the past couple weeks, and they’re going to be a HARD team to beat. I think LOB matches up well though and should trust their linemen enough on dump off passes to be able to win this game in a close one. LOB 28-24

Green Machine vs The Outfield –
Green Machine athletically looked pretty good this last week vs Men of Corn, but they only had 6 for the first half before Men of Corn gave them one of their subs. I haven’t been able to watch them much and this may be a recurring theme for them where they have a hard time fielding a full team. They had a little glimpse of promise with a couple short plays turning into huge games, and that’s at least something they can build off of. The Outfield will be a little tired after their game with DC Marvel, especially with their rush trying to keep up with Johnny, and that will most likely play into Green Machine’s favor. If they have a full team plus a couple subs, WELL SHOOT they may just win. But that’d be a hard bet, and I’m a betting kind of guy. The Outfield 20-10

Omaha Competitive vs Naked and Afraid –
Naked and Afraid is BETTER than their 3-1 record shows. They have shown a couple games where they can be slowed down if they play a fast defense who can be hugging the WRs by the time the ball gets there. But I don’t know who they’re playing, AND I DON’T CARE. BE AFRAID OMAHA. N&A WINS BY ALL THE POINTS.

Leatherheads vs Always Balls Deep –
Leatherheads really hasn’t fielded a full team this season. So I don’t have much to say, they lack a team and haven’t been able to get their possible new QB enough reps to get a good feel of what the rest of the season will look like and playoffs. ABD though is in the same boat, I found their down fall. Tyler made the mistake some teams make of not having their players pay them before the season begins, and if you don’t do that with guys with commitment issues, there will be weeks like this week where you have to forfeit because not enough people show up. I’m thinking Tyler will put the hammer down this week and make sure they’ve got enough, but it may be to no avail because Leatherheads probably won’t have a full team. And that’s actually what my prediction will be, Leatherheads forfeits and it becomes their last week in the league ABD 21-1

Backyard Legends vs Savages –
Savages has had a core of 5-6 guys show up each week and they have had a hard time getting those one or two more guys. I think this has to this point benefited them because they’ve been able to grab a couple good subs. HOWEVER they still haven’t been able to put a good game together, their QB is good enough they should be able to win a game or two, but they ended up losing to Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers already which I’m sure they’ll get another shot at already, and I don’t know if they match up well vs BYL. BYL was without Hugh and Mike this week, not sure if that issue will keep happening or if because they have a later game they should be there now. I expect them to be and I expect them to win. BYL 22-18

Thunder Bunnies vs Gate 25
Gate 25 has announced they think it’s a mistake they were moved up to INT A. I don’t necessarily agree because they are a good team, however they’ve had the misfortune of playing some of the best INT A teams all three weeks so far. Jacob is a good enough QB to be playing for an A team, and they have a good enough supporting cast. But they haven’t had a good showing so far, and I’ll give my team enough credit to say I don’t think much will change this week. They’ve definitely had the worst schedule possible jumping from B to A. Thunder Bunnies had only three interceptions going into this last week and had allowed the most passing yards of any INT A team. This week we unveiled the new defense and ended up getting five interceptions. Their QB throwing three this season as a whole threw four this game alone. I’ve give Jacob enough credit that I believe he’s a better QB, but I’m not sure his supporting cast is quite as good as BMS’s team is. TB 27-13

Pho Real vs Dirty 7 –
Pho Real this last week didn’t look scary without Corey, but this week they’ll have Corey. And they match up really well with D7 as both teams don’t have a bunch of height (outside of Pat on D7) but both teams have quick and athletic players. I think the key here is that Corey is going to extend a few plays that will result in a couple huge touchdowns and in return their defense is going to be good enough to hold D7 to only a couple scores. It’s probably going to be close, but I’m going with Pho Real with the upset! D7 very well could win this pretty easy, but this is going to be a tough test late in the season. Pho Real 20-14

KGB vs Show me your TD's –
I’d like to give myself credit for KGB being as good as they have been. Last season their Captain Aaron had a few different guys playing QB and they never really got their feet underneath them to win some big games. However I suggested them putting Aaron at QB and leaving him there and he developed really well and fast. He showed that off this week, mostly because Project Mayhem had little to no pass rush. But he looked good when there was a pass rush, extending the play and making some huge deep throws. They had I believe 10 or less plays on offense because they just scored almost every play. Then Daryl (not a clue on spelling) had a crazy one handed interception and juked almost every player out on the other team eventually leading to one of the craziest defensive touchdowns I’ve ever seen. I didn’t get to see SMYTDs this week, but they had to play an angry DPM team who went back down to INT B. Their QB is one of the most surprising QBs in the league, not because he’s a bigger guy, but because he’s actually pretty good. Only issue is that he’s plagued by a few inconsistencies by missing the mark and also a few huge dropped passes when his guys do get open deep. They’re going to win some close games, unfortunately KGB is just too good and this one probably won’t be all that close. KGB 33-6

Pylon sharks vs Project Mayhem –
Project Mayhem was able to get a win under their belt this week! And watching them play they are better than there record. They just lack fielding a full team. It was pretty interesting that their MVP really was #40 who had some form of injury on his leg. I lost it his first play he caught the ball, turned around, no one was around for about 10 yards but he just stood there. They also had some huge plays from #25 who is a taller guy who is definitely a ball hawk. However Pylon Sharks is a good team and they are a team that actually will learn from their mistakes and do better each game and will be tough in playoffs. Besides KGB and DC Marvel, they’ve yet to lose. I don’t expect them to lose to many other teams. Pylon Sharks 22-6

LI stacked vs You're Killing Me Smalls –
This will be interesting simply because You’re Killing Me Smalls is better than their record, but they’re also losing silly games that they shouldn’t. Plagued by the inability to move the ball on offense, I’m not sure they’ll overcome. LI Stacked though has been looking pretty good. They’ve lost two games against two of the top three teams, but they need to figure out how to win those if they really want to win in the Playoffs. I think they’ll fall short of most of those tougher games because they don’t have a top tier QB, although he’s really good on the move. You’re Killing Me Smalls with their long term history and their players SHOULD win games like this, unfortunately I think they turn the ball over too much and just can’t seem to figure out their offense to really win games like this. Especially since LI stacked has one of the best defenses in INT B. LI Stacked 14-6

SuperHeroes In Training vs Men of the Corn
SuperHeroes looked pretty good this week, I think they found a diamond in the rough with their QB. He’s got quick feet and makes some pretty good throws. Then they have a couple guys who can make some big plays… surprisingly! They obviously lack because they have some guys who are really un-athletic but it’s great to see them out there having fun and getting some exercise. Men of the Corn continue to impress, they lack a little bit because they aren’t quite as athletic as most of the teams, but they play really smart football. These are the kind of guys who have been playing backyard football for a long time and although aren’t the fastest, they are still really good and smart. SuperHeroes have still had one of the toughest schedules, and it continues to be hard. I fear their ability to win a game would have come last week against Project Mayhem. They’re a great group of individuals and love seeing them out there trying hard every week, and they’ve actually had some great plays and finding some stand out players, may just be a little too tough with some of their other individuals. But seriously, they’re out there having fun and that’s what matters! MofTC 28-0

My prediction Record!
35-10 going into last week
I was 13-2 this last week
Bringing my total to 48-12

POWER RANKINGS
POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
1. (+0) Fit Republic
2. (+1) Naked and Afraid
3. (+1) Backyard Legends
4. (+1) Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers
5. (+1) Savages

No real changes, BYL beat Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers. Naked and Afraid stomped Savages. Only change was that I removed HoneyBadgers because they haven’t played in a few weeks and their last game was a forfeit.

INT A Standings –
1. (+0) Dirty 7 –
2. (+0) Legion Of Boom
3. (+0) Thunder Bunnies
4. (+0) Pho Real
5. (+0) Large Test Icicles – They really showed me how good they were this last week when they beat Half Thunder Bunnies and half subs. They may easily walk up this list
The top 5 have now separated themselves from the rest
9. (+1) Disgruntled Swingers -
10. (-1) Leather Heads – Only reason to fall a spot is because of a forfeit. I HATE FORFEITS

INT B Standings –
1. (+0) DC Marvel – They won.. Again, so why change it?
2. (+0) KGB – Same here
3. (+0) Pylon Sharks – They’ve only lost to the top two and they’ve put beating on everyone else
4. (+0) Mythbusters 2.0 – This is the big question mark, they could easily be 6th or 7th, they can prove they deserve this spot this week though.
5. (+0) Donkey Punch Mafia – Dropping back to INT B proved well with a win, they need to beat Mythbusters to prove they deserved to be top 5 though
6. (+0) Men of the Corn – Good win this week, need to keep the train rolling to have momentum come playoffs
7. (+0) LI Stacked – Still a solid D, they have a game against #10 that they should be able to win
8. (+0) Show Me Your TD’s – Played a good game this week against #5, but they need to find the endzone more often!
9. (+2) The Deflators – good win vs #11 this week, they’re on a three game winning streak! And should move on to a four game winning streak vs #13
10. (-1) The Outfield – Got beat pretty easily this week, they have a double header vs #1 AND #14. Obviously they should win one and lose the other.
11. (-1) You’re Killing Me Smalls – Offense has been hit or miss, they’ll need a good offense this week against #7, and that is a problem against a top 5 defense like LI Stacked

12. (+3) Project Mayhem – They got a win!!! And they looked good. It was promising to see them moving on offense!
13. (+1) The Taken King – These guys did good again, but the inability to win a game is hurting!
14. (-2) Green Machine – Unable to field a team of 7 really hurt, not sure it would have helped a ton, but they are falling behind. Without being able to win a game.
15. (-2) SuperHeroes in Training – Found a diamond in the rough at QB, they just need to be more consistent and figure out their defense. They’re allowing too many big plays.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's week 6 Predictions (w/ YEAH STILL POWER)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:50 pm 
I was there Sunday and played with BYL... Hugh did miss though. Also, I have played 2 games +3 plays with Mythbusters got to jump in for the last few plays after the BYL game ended. The other team was not happy about that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:40 pm 
Offensive Juggernauts –
#1 KGB – 41.75 ppg ; Aaron making a lot of huge plays as QB
#2 DC Marvel – 36.5 ppg ; Johnny making a lot of TD throws, last I saw around 17+!
#3 Naked and Afraid – 31.25 ppg ; Everyone makes the plays with a lot of pitching.
#4 Fit Republic – 30 ppg ; Corey being the main factor but a lot of great WRs
#5 Dirty 7 – 29.1 ppg ; Alex at QB making a lot of plays happen, but has a lot of vets on the team.

Stingiest defenses –
#1 Fit Republic – Allowing 4.4 points per game ; More athletes than anyone else
#2 Legion of Boom – Allowing 7.6 points per game ; Second most athletes
#3 Dirty 7 - Allowing 7.8 points per game ; Lots of vets and great secondary play
#4 Pho Real - Allowing 9.8 points per game ; lots of quick players who capitalize on opportunties
#5 Large Test Icicles - Allowing 10.4 points per game ; The best defensive line in the league

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:42 am 
Best Secondary
1. Thunder Bunnies

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:05 am 
Three INTs through 4 games isn't #1 worthy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:01 am 
We had 5 INT last game alone.....

And our D is way better ever since I talked you out of our crappy old defense :)

Super Saiyans #2
Sunday's Best #2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:23 am 
I'm not giving you credit for my design.