Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's week 5 Predictions (w/ ALL THE RANKINGS POWER)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:47 am 
Backyard Legends vs Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers –
FKC is an inconsistent team with ups and downs. They finally got a win this last week vs Savages. But BYL is a much better team. Most importantly they are more organized. Just with how the team has performed to this point I have to go with BYL taking this one. FKC has some key issues to work out, on their defensive schemes, and figuring out who is going to lead them each week on offense. BYL 20-12

The Taken King vs Mythbusters 2.0 –
I really like The Taken King, their only downfall is they usually have exactly 7 each week and ends up hurting them very bad on defense. But they also have issues at QB where they usually have about three different people playing QB. If they could find someone to play QB and just let them practice the rest of the season before playoffs, they may surprise a couple teams. They have the athletes, as I said last week they just need to use them correctly. #54 needs to be moved to corner, and someone with more speed (and stamina) needs to be moved to line. It’s not a knock on #54 because I’ve been in his exact same shoes before. Mythbusters just have a good game plan with their personnel and they’ve been working on it each week. They’re going to continue to be a good regular season team. But until they get Hugh and Mike to play with them each week they are going to severely lack that consistency in playoffs, especially if they end up having Hugh play QB. But that isn’t going to hurt them here. MB 2.0 28-12

Gate 25 vs Legion of Boom –
Gate 25 is 1-2 since being moved up to A, however that doesn’t say much because they’ve had two play two of the better teams in the division… But the downfall of that is this week isn’t going to be any easier when they have to play Legion of Boom who much like last season had a rocky start and then got their feet underneath them. However the only Top 5 opponent they’ve faced is Dirty 7, and you could probably say BMS was another tough game. This will be one of their tougher games, and it will be a big statement game either way. Gate 25 can prove they can hang with a top team or Legion of Boom can prove their better than their schedule toughness thus far. Legion of Boom should be able to pull away from this unless Gate 25 can get serious pressure on Preston. LOB 18-7

Thunder Bunnies vs BMS Mountain Goats –
This is going to be a tough one for both teams. Thunder Bunnies have had a some rocky games, whether it be being up big and then having a tough time closing games, or being down and waiting till the last 10 minutes of a game to catch back up (then usually pull away). BMS hasn’t had a tough time starting games at all, they are a product of their schedule having to play Always Balls Deep without their QB, then playing a very good Legion of Boom team. This will be a big statement game for both teams as this is a game Thunder Bunnies should win, however if BMS wants to find themselves back into the Top 5 a win here could be snowball effect on the rest of their season. TB 20-17

Leatherheads vs Large Test Icicles –
Leatherheads have had a rough season so far, leaving question marks at QB which they may have found a diamond in the rough on their team. This could make them a scary team to play in the playoffs, but there are so many good INT A teams, it is tough right now to pick them over almost anyone (except Disgruntled Swingers). Large Test Icicles have started off the last couple weeks with an interception but being no harm no foul because against Donkey Punch Mafia started off with an interception then threw 5 touchdowns, then this last week against Always Balls Deep had an interception then threw for 4 touchdowns and running for one more. The QB is very good and although the WRs aren’t super athletically gifted, he throws a perfect pass almost every time. They will only have tough games with defenses that have a lot of height. LTI 28-6

Donkey Punch Mafia vs Show me your TD's –
After a couple games in INT A, DPM dropped back down to B. Mostly our faults because we didn’t realize they no longer have the same QB from last season, and their QB last season was one of the best in the leagues. This will end up being a much closer game than most would realize because SMYTDs is actually a pretty good team. I think the downfall is going to be the safety for DPM (also the QB) being able to probably come away with a few interceptions this week. SMYTDs will have to live and die by the short game this week if they want a chance to win, and they’ll have to capitalize on the opportunities they’ll get. Because their defensive line should get enough pressure to force a couple errant throws, if they are able to capitalize on these opportunities they should be able to pull away from it. It’ll come down to the DPM QB/Safety on how well of a game he ends up playing. I think he’s going to have a stand out game though after the move back to B. DPM 12-9

Savages vs Naked and Afraid –
Savages has had a rough start, almost getting a victory last week against Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers that had a lot of drama at the end. They still have a good team, and their QB is good, but this Naked and Afraid team just has a lot of speed and if you swarm to the ball you’ll have a rough game because of how much they pitch. I think the problem here will be the wide margin in difference of speed from Savages compared to Naked and Afraid. If Savages gets a couple of turn overs they could keep it close and possibly steal an upset, but I just don’t think N&A will allow that to happen. N&A 32-6

The Outfield vs LI stacked
Still not sure what to make of The Outfield. They stole a win vs Mythbusters, which I think is a result of the MB QB making some poor decisions, but then also lost to SMYTDs which on paper they should have won since they beat MB. They have a high ceiling, it may just be due to being such a new team they still have some things to learn. LI Stacked has been around for a few seasons and always has such a good defense, but they always lack on offense. Keeping DC Marvel to 26 is sadly an accomplishment as that’s their lowest points scored this season, for a team that averages 37 points a game. LI Stacked defense is good enough to win them the close games, just won’t be enough to win them against the top 3 or 4 teams. But should be enough here. LI 13-0

Dirty 7 vs Always Balls Deep –
ABD has finally fallen out of the top 5 being 1-2 since joining INT A. With their lone win vs BMS without their QB, which I will give them the credit may have not made a difference because they played a good game. But they had their chances to make statements against Pho Real and against Large Test Icicles and have failed to make those statements so far. They definitely could make a statement with a win this week against the current #1 team in INT A, I just don’t know if I can see it happening. They match up well athletically, but D7’s QB has been playing pretty lights out especially at the end of games. I think the game will be closer than the final score, and ABD will have the chance to win the game, they’ll just need to score when the opportunities are there. D7 28-12

The Deflators vs You're Killing Me Smalls –
This will be interesting because both teams have won the games they should have and both have lost the games they should have, both teams being 2-2 to this point. On the power rankings these two teams are neck and neck with Deflators being listed just a little bit higher due to a tougher schedule, which in my opinion YKMS has had the tougher schedule. I think what will come to factor here is that YKMS big play ability is remotely there and The Deflators most likely won’t have someone tall enough/athletically enough to deal with Ahmad down field. If they are able to limit his catches to 5-10 yard receptions and not miss flags, they could win the game. I think they’ll be able to win this game because of their experience alone, but it will come down to the wire. YKMS 20-18

Disgruntled Swingers vs Pho Real –
Disgruntled Swingers finally seemed to get a team together this last week, but unfortunately it was against D7 where they just didn’t stand a chance from start to finish. The ironic thing here is their best game this season came against us (Thunder Bunnies) but they had Corey (Pho Real’s QB) playing for them. Pho Real has been looking very good since their opening week loss, and I don’t think the pain train is going to slow down at all. They may not lose another game this season because they are going to be a good match up with D7, I think their only issues will be Legion of Boom and Thunder Bunny, two teams with a lot of size and speed at WR and in the secondary. Pho Real 32-12

Project Mayhem vs KGB –
KGB is a Top 2 team in B and Project Mayhem so far is a bottom two team. Project Mayhem has been behind the curve so far, and they should be able to pull a couple wins out their season. They’ve had to play a few pretty good teams though. KGB Though at some point is going to need to play a good team to prove they are worth the credit I’ve been giving them of being a Top 2 B team. KGB 42-10

Dc Marvel vs Pylon sharks –
This game from a field manager stand point I’m not looking forward to. Both teams were yapping at each other this last week and they weren’t even playing each other. DC Marvel had a couple guys begging me to play Pylon Sharks and although I have no say in the scheduling, WAH LAH here it is and I’m less than excited to see it happen as we’ve had no major issues this far. Pylon Sharks although I knew were probably going to probably talk a little smack throughout the season have been relatively good. DC Marvel I knew would probably be a problem and really other than a couple issues they’ve bene pretty good as well… But we’re going to see what happens here. I think what SHOULD happen is both teams will keep relatively to themselves and let their play do the talking, and I’ll just keep what I think will actually happen to myself. What I will say is that there is no team that really matches up well with DC Marvel, but the two best teams that do are KGB and Pylon Sharks, mostly because these two teams have good defensive lines. However Johnny is quite good at making quick decisions to either extend the play or tuck it and run. But one thing they’ve always had issues with is defense, but that’s probably just because of how quickly they score and give the other team a lot of time with the ball. Pylon Sharks definitely could steal a win, but I have a hard time betting against DC Marvel after how well they’ve played these past couple seasons. Pylon Sharks though also has really good QB play and they are probably the most passionate team in the league, it’s hard to count them out of many games. DC Marvel 42-30

SuperHeroes In Training vs Project Mayhem
Power Ranking wise the system has SuperHeroes at 12 and Project Mayhem at 15. SuperHeroes having the toughest schedule, playing a good A team, then the top two B teams. It’s been unfortunate scheduling wise, but they showed some promise this week with a couple pick-ups. HOWEVER my only question mark is if those players were a one and done thing or if they are permanent. If they continue to show up, then expect SuperHeroes to end up with probably 4 wins, which is 4 more than I thought they were going to have going into last week. I think SuperHeroes in Training should win this game either way, however the only difference will be the amount of times they score depending on which team shows up. I always try to go off what team they had last week on predictions, not on what I think will happen. SuperHeroes 28-10

Green Machine vs Men of the Corn –
Green Machine is better than their 0-4 record, but I don’t know if they’re better than Men of the Corn. MOTC is still a good team even though their last game they got hit pretty hard against Pylon Sharks. Men of the Corn definitely isn’t going to beat many teams based on their athletes alone, however these are definitely guys who played a lot of back yard football when they were younger and win based on strategy. Week 1 looking at their team and where they had their individuals playing, I thought they were going to be in for a rough season, but they surprisingly had the exact right people in the exact right spots. They’ll hinder against the top couple teams because they are held back by their QB play, but he still gives them a chance to win every week. I haven’t really had a chance to watch Green Machine, but just looking at their schedule you can tell they’re better than what their record shows. Having to play a very good INT A team week 1, then a forfeit. Then having to play KGB (#2 team) and then losing to The Deflators by 1. They could win this game and then change everyone’s opinion on them, but I can’t bet against MOTC on this one quite yet as I still have faith they are going to be a top 5 team!

POWER RANKINGS!

Comp Standings –
1. (+0) Fit Republic
2. (+0) HoneyBadger
3. (+0) Naked and Afraid
4. (+0) Backyard Legends
5. (+0) Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers
6. (+0) Savages

N&A beat BYL and FKC beat Savages. The top two didn’t play because Honey Badger didn’t show up. I was going to move N&A up, but I want to see if HoneyBadger actually starts playing again (but they aren’t playing this week so who knows).

INT A Standings –
1. (+0) Dirty 7 – Yet to lose a game, what else do you want?
2. (+0) Legion Of Boom – Been playing strong and no signs of slowing down
3. (+0) Thunder Bunnies – Would drop down to #4, but beat Pho Real heads up. But Pho Real has been playing better than Thunder Bunnies has since then
4. (+0) Pho Real – The team that was thought to easily win INT A but the remaining Top 5 teams have really shown up this season
5. (+3) Large Test Icicles – Finally have found their way to the Top 5 because they deserved more credit than I was giving them. Lost to Pho Real or else they would be listed higher.
6. (+0) Gate 25 – A good team but has lost to two Top 5 teams and if they want to be Top 5 they need to win those games.
7. (-2) Always Balls Deep – Yet to make a real statement in A they are falling behind the curve.
8. (-1) BMS Mountain Goats – They looked back to form this last week, but INT A for the Top 8 teams are so close, it’s not going to take much to go from 8 to 2/3 in just one week.
9. (+0) Leather Heads – One of two teams in INT A to not win a game, but they have been playing better than Disgruntled Swingers.
10. (+0) Disgruntled Swingers – Another team not to win a game yet. But they have promising upside with their athletes.

INT B Standings –
1. (+0) DC Marvel – Still nothing else to say other than better than the rest.
2. (+0) KGB – When the DC Marvel game happens, it’s going to be a tough face to face match up.
3. (+2) Pylon Sharks – Lost to KGB, but can prove this week they’re better than that when they play DC.
4. (+0) Mythbusters 2.0 – They’re getting credit for a blip against The Outfield, but they need to start winning against these top teams.
5. (-2) Donkey Punch Mafia – Without the QB from last season they’re in a tough spot, they still have enough athletes to win a majority of games.
6. (+0) Men of the Corn – Need to beat these top teams to crack into the top 5. They haven’t really had a challenging schedule yet.
7. (+0) LI Stacked – Still such a great defensive team, they’ve lost to two top 5 teams, they will need to find out how to win those before play offs.
8. (+0) Show Me Your TD’s – They need to brush up on their game, they’ve had opportunities to win more games, but a couple dropped passes or interceptions have been costly.
9. (+0) The Outfield – They probably deserve to be ranked higher, have a chance to prove it against LI Stacked these week.
10. (+0) You’re Killing Me Smalls – This team should be better than #10, but they haven’t proved it yet. A convincing win vs The Deflators would be a good start.
11. (+0) The Deflators – Have played a lot of games close, they need to figure out how to win those before playoffs!
12. (+1) Green Machine – They may be 0-4 bet they’re the best 0-4 team right now if that helps at all. They needed to win against The Deflators to start on a positive path.
13. (+2) SuperHeroes in Training – going from not scoring at all and not even coming close to scoring against KGB and DC Marvel is huge. They now have some upside with their newly added talent.
14. (-2) The Taken King – These guys are much better than #14, but they lack a good pass rush (because of personnel in the wrong spot) and really need some better QB play.
15. (-1) Project Mayhem – They have found the endzone three times in four games, although that isn’t much they at least know how to do it. That’s something to build off of, they just need to game plan a little better.

Post subject: Re: Hladik's week 5 Predictions (w/ ALL THE RANKINGS POWER)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:12 pm 
Yeah I thought that was pretty funny we got scheduled .. I'll keep the guys heads in the game .. Don't worry about that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:32 pm 
I've seen the avenger movies, and Johnny you're good looking, but you're no Scarlett Johansson.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:37 pm 
Touche my man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:47 pm 
Added in Top 5 QB ratings thus far (at least 30 attempts)

#1 – 10 TDs, 1 Ints, Rating 131 and 71% Comp. Thunder Bunnies #14 (Michael Springer)
#2 – 7 TDs, 1 Ints, Rating 129 and 68% Comp. Fit Republic #5 (Corey Serrano)
#3 – 8 TDs, 2 Ints, Rating 128 and 70% Comp. Dirty 7 #1 (Alex)
#4 – 14 TDs, 3 Ints, Rating 126 and 75% Comp. Legion Of Boom #11 (Preston)
#5 – 10 TDs, 2 Ints, Rating 125 and 67% Comp. BMS Mountain Goats #8 (Joe)

You're tied at #9 Johnny as far as ratings go!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:15 pm 
ABD needs to step it up this week. I think we finally got a reality check this week honestly we're just not playing as fast as we have in the past and I've probably played my worst back to back games since I've been in the league. Idk if I'm getting fatter and slower but this year I can't escape the pocket like I used to be able to and my throwing on the run has been terrible. I need to step it up more than anyone this week or I'm gonna bench myself

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:57 am 
Yeah I think I need to get my completion rating up and than I'll be fine .. I've got 17 passing tds 5 rushing and 3 interceptions .. I've got 5 more games to make all that up