Nebraska Flag Football- Lincoln & Omaha

Nebraska Flag Football

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hladik's week 4 Predictions (w/ full power rankings!)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:58 am 
BMS Mountain Goats vs Leatherheads –
Leather Heads are going to have two tough games back to back. BMS has some redemption to do after falling hard in my personal power rankings after two consecutive loses, then their only win being against a one win b team. Leatherheads however did the only thing I didn’t account for last week and having a double forfeit against Disgruntled Swingers. I thought for SURE we’d go into this weekend with only one remaining A team without a win. But now I don’t even really know how to predict for Leatherheads because it appears they don’t have their QB who carried them to a couple wins last season. Also appears they lost Austin who was one of their best pure athletes. I’m not sure what their team is going to look like now, but hopefully they figure it out. BMS team is set in stone, they had a tough loss when they didn’t have their QB, now another tough loss against a good Legion of Boom team, they’ll need to start winning some games to prove they still deserve the Top 5. BMS 20-9

Mythbusters 2.0 vs Show me your TD's –
Well Mythbusters is another team that has screwed up my Top 5. Their only two wins are against 0 win B teams, and then they lost to a good A team, and then a not so good B team. SO I don’t know what to do with them. On paper they SHOULD win. But they haven’t had Mike or Hugh, and that makes them pretty one dimensional against teams with a good pass rush. And SMYTDs has a really good pass rusher in #11 who has recorded 7 sacks thus far. And he’s a quiet stud of a player on their team who is a defensive machine. The problem with Mythbusters right now is their QB is pretty one dimensional against teams with a good pass rush because he doesn’t have that blazing speed or ‘the moves’ to avoid a tackle. The problem SMYTDs have is roughly the same, they have a QB who isn’t fast, however he can avoid a pass rusher, but Mythbusters’ QB has good accuracy, SMYTDs’ QB is still a work in progress in that department. Mythbusters has the better offense, however I think #11 is going to screw that up some and they’ll will be a couple costly turn overs. But because Mythbusters has a good defense, and SMYTDs offense is still trying to gain some traction, that’ll be their fall for this game. MB 2.0 18-12

Legion of Boom vs Donkey Punch Mafia –
DPM was one of the teams that I thought should have to move up to A under the thought process that they were still the same team from last season. I was mistaken and DPM was NOT pleased about it after losing pretty handedly to Large Test Icicles. Without DPM QB from last season, they would be in a tough spot to win games in A, and they’ve been moved back down to B, however they have this game remaining on their schedule. Large Test Icicles may have one of the better single rushers in the A division, but Legion of Boom is probably Top 2 as a dual rush threat. The real difference is that LOB has probably the second best secondary play, and they will most likely get 2-3 interceptions this game because of it. DPM will have to REALLY come out with a strong game plan of consistently picking up 5-10 yards each play to stand a chance… But I don’t forsee it. LOB 38-6

Thunder Bunnies vs Leatherheads –
Thunder Bunnies have had to face Corey twice in two weeks when he subbed for Disgruntled Swingers (and some other subs) and then lost to a last second touchdown from D7. On paper this will be our easiest opponent yet because of the Subs for Disgruntled making them quite a bit better their usual squad. And Leather Heads still having a hard time finding the endzone only scoring 10 points in two games. Hopefully because they have a double header they’ll get their whole squad together and be able to play a couple good teams tough and maybe even sneak out with one, but I’m not going to be able to predict it that way. TB 26-0

The Outfield vs The Taken King –
This will be a great B game to really define these two teams and figure out which is a middle of the pack team and which team is a lower team. The Taken King has had a hard time fielding a full team, and last week vs Show me your TD’s they possibly at least found a QB who helped them put some points on the board. But they have had 6 or 7 people show up the last few games, and this is always a problem for teams who can’t rotate on D line. And not that I don’t think their player #54 (I believe is his number) isn’t a good player, but you need more speed on D line than that. I personally haven’t got to truly watch The Outfield except for week one against BMS which really wasn’t a fair fight. But they did beat a decent Mythbusters team and that may be something that can carry them to a much better season than they probably thought they were in store for after week one. I think Taken King actually has the better athletes overall, but they use them incorrectly and it’s going to be tough to be able to steal games like this one because of it. Without a pass rush, you’re gonna have a bad time. The Outfield 18-6

HoneyBadger vs Fit Republic
The fight of my current top two teams. Fit Republic doesn’t look near as good (to me) without their key players, Kevin, White JT, and Travis. They are down in some serious talent departments and leadership departments because of it. They’re still the best Comp team simply because of their athletes. Serious athletes will give you a great defense, but you’ll struggle on offense because of it. However they still have their best QB in Corey who alone would bring any team from averaging 10 points to 30 points. HoneyBadger though has a great defensive line, and this is the only thing that can spell out trouble for Corey. They also have Garrett in the secondary who is a play maker and you won’t see many jump balls thrown in his direction. With this mix of talent they are the best athlete wise match up for Fit Republic and it will be a great game. I think that simply because of the amount of athletes Fit Republic has and because they’re good and mixing them up, they should pull this one off just fine, but I will not be surprised if score is a lot closer than my prediction, but I would be surprised if they ended up losing. FR 22-14

Savages vs Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers –
This is what I would call a battle for not last. However Savages lost a close one to Honey Badger (with a couple of important subs) and then had to forfeit to BYL. If they’re going to struggle each week to field a team then they are going to find a hard time winning games. Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers have almost allowed four times as many points as they’ve scored… You don’t have to be smart to understand that’s a problem. I knew this would be a problem because from week one I found they have three guys they’re mixing in at QB (alone is a problem) but their biggest problem is they have no pure WRs who you can trust will be able to make those big plays down field against a tall ball hawking secondary. But Savages doesn’t have that either, so this unfortunately will probably be one of these teams only win in Competitive the rest of the season unless one of these teams makes some big changes. I think that just because Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers is at least consistent on having the same players there week in and week out, and at some point their going to just go with one QB (HOPEFULLY THIS WEEK) and live and die by them they should be able to win this… But if Savages as their whole squad, who knows. FKC 12-7

The Deflators vs Green Machine –
Green Machine I can’t tell you a whole lot about because they played a good A team week one. Had a forfeit week two. Then played the second best B team week three… So I really have no idea what to expect out of them. The Deflators though have consistently been scoring a decent amount of points, and I think that’s where this game is going to be won. It doesn’t appear either team has a great defense, and I would guess that is going to be because of poor defensive line play. I wish I could type more here but I haven’t had a chance to really watch either of these two teams in depth. But because Deflators average almost 20 points a game, and Green Machine averages 5 points a game, I would say that it’s going to come down to if Green Machine can get some big turn overs, because without them, they’re going to lose by a lot. Deflators 30-10

Backyard Legends vs Naked and Afraid –
This will be a battle of the mid-tier teams in Comp. And it’s going to end up being an offensive slaughter. Naked and Afraid have pure athletes, but none that are really tall, and they have a good game plan. I think Backyard Legends lack slightly in the athlete department comparatively but they have a couple good and tall WRs. I don’t think there will be much Naked and Afraid will be able to do to stop them from scoring, but what the game will come down to is if BYL can limit N&A on offense. Because N&A is the best pitching team in the game, and they do it A LOT, but they also have a lot of speed. So if they get the ball down the field you’ll have a tough time stopping them. Most of their offensive drives will either be touch downs within a couple plays or a quick turn over. You won’t see many times of them slowly and methodically driving down the field. What I forsee here though is going to be N&A being able to limit BYL’s scoring drives, and then BYL just simply not being able to keep up on defense. N&A 38-30

KGB vs SuperHeroes In Training
Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy the SuperHeroes team, they try really hard and really want to win, but I think they’re going to need a lot of experience under their belt and maybe an athlete or two to really start being competitive in B. This week isn’t going to be a whole lot of fun simply because they play the best two B teams, and they’ve yet to find the endzone. Now mind you they’ve faced the best A team, and a pretty good B team in Pylon Sharks and now the best two teams in B. They’ll more than likely end up 0-4 this weekend, but that shouldn’t be too discouraging because they’ve had the toughest schedule by FAR of any B team. KGB just has too much pure speed and they have a smart team, they should be able to score at will. KGB 35-0

Always Balls Deep vs Large Test Icicles –
This is going to be an interesting game, because both teams can thank Pho Real for their only loses. ABD kept it a little closer, but not really enough to say they’ll win the game because of it. Both teams have a single guy on defensive line that you’re going to have a tough time playing against because they just run hard and their motors never seem to stop. LTI’s dlinemen recorded 9 sacks last week, now it was against a pretty bad offensive line who turned around most plays, then a QB who just hasn’t had enough time to trust his receivers or enough time to learn he has to make QUICK and decisive decisions. I think overall goose is a little bit better, but it’s going to come down to which offensive line can give their QB a little more time. Both QBs statistically wise are roughly the same, but Adam from ABD edges out to be a little bit better on the field and statistically wise. It probably also helps the WRs for ABD are also a little bit better. Large Test Icicles are going to need to limit the pressure, because if they can’t do that they’ll lose, but they will also need to limit the turn overs. Their QB has thrown three interceptions in two games, and if you have turn overs against ABD, you will lose. I just think that the mixture of the pressure he will end up getting and the here and there questionable throws, they will end up having at least two turn overs resulting in ABD being able to pull this one out. ABD 28-16

Pylon sharks vs LI stacked
Both teams have only one win to really hang their hats on. Pylon Sharks have the better offensive, with LI Stacked having the better defense. PS though are emotional players, I don’t forsee them trailing a game and being able to come back, but then LI doesn’t have a potent enough offense to be able to do this either. PS though does have a couple good pass rushers that makes the rest of their defense better. The downfall of this game will be determined by turn overs. If LI Stacked can get some good pressure, they’ll be able to get some turns overs. But with LI having a QB Passer Rating of 39 compared to the 118 of PS you’re going to have a tough time scoring on one side and a tough time stopping on the other. PS 22-12

Disgruntled Swingers vs Dirty 7
Disgruntled Swingers I fear for a little bit with probably should have had a forfeit week 2 but we let it go , then they did have a forfeit week 3, they are running into a problem some teams never recover from. If you can’t get a consistent amount of players out there to start learning your team, you will never be able to start winning the tough games. And this basically being the lowest ranked team in A vs the current best team in A, you’ll have a hard time convincing me of Disgruntled Swingers winning unless they got their entire team together this week and started practicing. Because from week one, they definitely had a good amount of athletes but they just didn’t fully understand the concept of flag football yet. But they won’t be able to unless their whole team starts showing up. Then they’re playing one of the most consistent teams, who almost always have the same faces, then the same guys who have been playing together almost every weekend for years. It’s just not a good match up for DS early in the season especially when they’ve yet to be able to field the same team. D7 32-6

Dc Marvel vs SuperHeroes In Training
Against I still think DC Marvel is an A team, and SuperHeroes are still trying to learn football in general. They are a great group of players but they just lack a little in the athlete department and experience department. Hopefully they really learn from this week of games, and don’t get down in the dumps about it. They’re just really far behind the curve on the game mechanics then they need some help at key positions like QB and defensive line. Johnny probably won’t need to pass the ball more than 10/15 times because he should be able to make quit a good amount of run plays, then also throw up a couple jump balls that his WRs should be able to come down with. DC 42-0

Gate 25 vs Pho Real
Pho Real is the team people should have feared coming into the season. Crazy Asians with Corey at QB and a couple taller players for those down the field plays. A couple games in they’re starting to really get on the same page and it’s a team that will create mismatch night mares. Gate 25 has good QB play but they’re going to need to get him some time because Pho Real switches out about 4-5 players on Defensive Line a game till they either find a pair that are really working for them or simply to give each person some rest. But Gate 25 has yet to throw an interception yet, and if he can protect the ball and never give Pho Real good starting position they could be able to pull this one out. But I think Pho Real just is still a mismatch nightmare with short passes and pitches, then also Corey being able to buy as much time as needed to make a good accurate throw. Pho Real 25-16

Project Mayhem vs You're Killing Me Smalls –
Project Mayhem has had a tough schedule thus far having to play DC Marvel and Mythbusters, but they weren’t able to really make them competitive. YKMS needs to figure out their QB situation, but this is kind of a gimmie of sorts with Ahmad’s teams the last couple years. Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers have had three different QBs and then YKMS has had four (three from Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers being the same as three from YKMS). Their best QB performance was Mike week one vs Donkey Punch Mafia. But then they went a different route the next game (then the game after that he wasn’t available). I don’t think it will matter too much, I think YKMS has been around long enough to figure out how to win the games they should, and this is one they should. But they’re going to need to start winning games decisively to start giving any of the top B teams truly something to worry about. YKMS 18-7

Comp Standings –
1. Fit Republic – Simply put they have a ton of great athletes, then they have the best QB.
2. HoneyBadger – They have a lot of experience, a good dline, and a good secondary. With Steven getting a full season at QB from start to finish, they will probably be tough in playoffs.
3. Naked and Afraid – They just beat teams on speed and pitches, you’ll score points on them, but you’re offense will have to be on its A game to score more.
4. Backyard Legends – Consistent QB play and a bunch of guys who have been around, they’ll probably pull a game or two out that they should have lost, then lose a couple games they should have lost.
5. Fuzzy Kitten Cuddlers – A team with some athletes, but really lack in the WR department.
6. Savages – This is all dependent on them having a hard time fielding a team of 7.

INT A Standings –
1. Dirty 7 – Not much to say, beat the #2 and #3 teams by last minute drives, yet to lose a game.
2. Legion Of Boom – Not quite as good as they were with Kevin at QB. But Preston is turning into a good replacement with his passion and pure athleticism.
3. Thunder Bunnies – Tough loss to D7, still have probably the best DLine in INT A, but then for sure the best WR core.
4. Pho Real – Now starting to gain traction with their players learning how to play with each other, it’s not quite what we expected, but they are figuring it out.
5. Always Balls Deep – Probably could easily be switched with Gate 25. But they took a little bit of a butt whopping this week, they’ll need a decisive win to prove they deserve top 5.
6. Gate 25 – Got beat pretty bad by D7, and now they face a tough Pho Real team. Win, prove you’re top 5. Lose, and probably drop a rank (maybe two).
7. BMS Mountain Goats – Now I think they’re a better team than this, but they’re 1-2 with their only win being against a now B team. I had a tough time placing them above #8.
8. Large Test Icicles – They probably deserve to be listed highest, but they have yet to have a win that proves they deserve more, a win this week vs ABD would prove it though!
9. Leather Heads – The only reason they aren’t #10 is because they have more experience and better QB play.
10. Disgruntled Swingers – Needs to field a full team consistently week in and week out to hopefully make a play off push.

INT B Standings –
1. DC Marvel – Just simply better than everyone else.
2. KGB – Lots of athletes, they’ll be the only team to give DC a run for their money this season.
From here on, it’s really anyone’s guess.
3. Donkey Punch Mafia – They still have the talent to win a lot of games, they just need some consistency at QB.
4. Mythbusters 2.0 – They need to get Hugh and Mike in there to start meshing as a team. They have been scoring a lot of points. But throwing 5 touchdowns in the last two games is unacceptable.
5. Pylon Sharks – Proved that they have a good offensive attack this week, they need to touch up a little on defense.
6. Men of the Corn – Still a good team, they may be short an athlete or two to really make a deep playoff run, but time will tell if they have the game planning to be able to be a surprise.
7. LI Stacked – Their defense wins them games, but they’re going to need some QB production to make them a threat.
8. Show Me Your TD’s – They’re going to need to game plan a little better around their QB because the line is turning around too fast instead of blocking. But they are going to be good down the stretch.
9. The Deflators – Pulled out a good win vs Mythbusters. But they’re going to need to clean up the turn overs.
10. You’re Killing Me Smalls – It will ultimately depend on if Mike keeps playing on this team and if Dustin ends up playing with them two. That’s two good athletes that will really turn this team around.
11. The Deflators – I wanted to put them a little higher but they’re going to need to start pulling out some close games to prove that they’re better than #11 on my list.
12. The Taken King – They need to figure out what they’re going to do at QB, they’ve had four different people try it. They had a glimpse of promise this last week with their Sub playing QB.
13. Green Machine – A hard schedule and a forfeit has made it hard to judge this team, a few more games will tell whether I was right or wrong.
14. Project Mayhem – They have fun, but they need some QB production to give them a boost. 1 touchdown and 5 interceptions isn’t going to cut it.
15. SuperHeroes in Training – Appropriate name because they definitely need some experience to start doing some damage. Hopefully after a week off they’re regrouped, and will maybe start making some progress!

Post subject: Re: Hladik's week 4 Predictions (w/ full power rankings!)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:12 am 
Ouch after going 13-2 for week 2, I went 7-7 week 3.
Lots of games didn't go like I expected!

Overall 20-9 though!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:11 am 
Ha, White JT, now that's funny.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:41 pm 
White JT and black JT lol.
Why aren't you playing this season?!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:28 am 
Went 15-1 this week. My lone blemish being Always Balls Deep... I have to start giving Large Test Icicles some credit.

This bring my overall total to 35-10.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:43 pm 
I'm just going to throw out that I'm leading B in yards, tied for first in catches/TDs. 3rd in yards in comp. Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I can't be a big play receiver lol.

As for the QB situations, that's resolved for both teams.